Does Dana White seem less passionate about MMA?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
During the mid-2000s, he was brimming with love and excitement when he talk about MMA. He had Vlogs and he did a million interviews. I have never seen so much with so much passion and zeal for a sport or activity. But the last few years seems like its the opposite. There seems to be a lack of excitement. You no longer see the Dana White who explode with excitement on a Prime Time show.

Curios to know if its age? Or is it feuds with guys like Ariel and other fighters that has made him lose his passion, drive and determination?

I just remember a time when he was so excited for each and every fight and that included prelims.

He lives and breathes this shit, works constantly despite being rich enough to never work again and you can see in every interview he lives for it.

No fucking idea what you think you're seeing dude. Love him or hate him, he clearly cares a great deal about the sport.

He's never been an MMA fan. He's a fan of making money and seeing people get hurt.
This, he saw $ signs in the sport not a love or passion. Dana is a boxing fan and has been caught several times watching boxing events during his own events.

Boxing is his one true love. mma was a way for him to play promoter and make money doing it. He never cared about it.

He lives and breathes this shit, works constantly despite being rich enough to never work again and you can see in every interview he lives for it.

No fucking idea what you think you're seeing dude. Love him or hate him, he clearly cares a great deal about the sport.

Bro its in his fucking face!

You can see it go from going to a brothel to a funeral home. He looks unhappy, tired and over it. Doesn't seem to get excited and yes like you said exactly, works constantly and it is just that, its work now a days...

He's never been an MMA fan. He's a fan of making money and seeing people get hurt.

I thought he used to be really in to the sport. Talked hours about a prelim fight, about a particular round and exchange. But now it seems like he is no longer a fan. Not sure about the hurt part, I don't think he cares enough about anyone to even want them hurt. Unless of course its a personal enemy.

This, he saw $ signs in the sport not a love or passion. Dana is a boxing fan and has been caught several times watching boxing events during his own events.

For reals?

Which event was this?

That is actually hilarious.

Yes. At this point his life must seem like doing the same thing over and over again. It is worth noting Dana was willing to walk away after the sale but WME wanted to keep him.

I suspect if they get another contract from Disney he might walk away. That would seem like the logical time to leave if he's looking to.

He just fell out of love with it after signing over his stock in the company to Zuffa. He doesn't have any reason to care after doing it for so long.

giphy.gif

During the mid-2000s, he was brimming with love and excitement when he talk about MMA. He had Vlogs and he did a million interviews. I have never seen so much with so much passion and zeal for a sport or activity. But the last few years seems like its the opposite. There seems to be a lack of excitement. You no longer see the Dana White who explode with excitement on a Prime Time show.

Curios to know if its age? Or is it feuds with guys like Ariel and other fighters that has made him lose his passion, drive and determination?

I just remember a time when he was so excited for each and every fight and that included prelims.
He still gets red faced talking about it nowadays. Back in 2000s they struggled with money issues, but now that's not a problem.

Still has to worry about doing all the boss shit, travelling all the time, organize events/locations & deal with 600+ fighters. Lot of work for him, so if he didn't love it, he could easily quit.

Dana White owns sherdog. Learn from him instead of hating him, broke bois.

Back