Does Daniel Kelly hold the UFC record

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
For most fights in a row being the underdog?

EDIT: Dan Henderson has been the dog in his last 11 UFC fights. He is the record holder.

Kelly is 6-1 in the UFC, and going into the Brunson fight, it will be his 8th straight fight as the underdog. What an incredible underdog story.

Other notables:

Leonardo Santos has 3 straight upsets
Chan Sung Jung has been the underdog in his last 4 fights, winning 3.
Robert Whittaker has been the underdog in 4 of his last 5 fights, and won all 5.
Matt Brown had 4 straight upsets en route to his fight against Robbie Lawler
Caraway has been the underdog in his last 6, winning 4.
Edit: Yoel Romero has been the underdog in his last 5, winning all 5.

Last edited:
I would love to see Kelly beat Bisping.

It would provide a mental breakdown.

wow, some interesing stats TS
I remember when Alvey KTFO Kelly, I thought "this guy is gonna be cut soon"

lol daniel kelly is awesome.

he got so much grit and determination as a fighter.

i hope he whoops brunsons ass.

and i was very shocked when he beat rashad. that was a huge feather for his cap.

Rashad Evans has no will to destroy. How do you step in an Octagon with a dude on one good leg and the other being held with duct tape, and you don't use the Jon Jones kicks to the knee attack?

See a weakness and exploit it. That is a fighter's second nature. A couple of heavy leg kicks to that bum knee, and Kelly would be crawling for the rest of the fight.

Kelly is NOT good, he just fought a dude who hasn't been a fighter in a very long time.

I gotta admit I do admire Kelly's grit to take a beating and keep on coming, but his fun run ends Saturday Brunson gonna beat him into one of the Walking Dead..

I remember seeing him on TUF and being embarrassed for him, his striking was so terrible and his style so awkward.

Even now, every fight I am completely shocked that he is not only still in the UFC, BUT ON A WINNING STREAK.

As an Aussie I should have more faith in ma boy...but I never do.

I remember seeing him on TUF and being embarrassed for him, his striking was so terrible and his style so awkward.

Even now, every fight I am completely shocked that he is not only still in the UFC, BUT ON A WINNING STREAK.

As an Aussie I should have more faith in ma boy...but I never do.
K1 Dan Kelly coming for that belt

??? His fight on TUF was on the feet for under 10 seconds. The entire fight lasted 55 seconds.

I couldn't believe this and it really deserves its own thread, but Yoel Romero has been the underdog in his last five fights.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe this and it really deserves its own thread, but Yoel Romero has been the underdog in his last six fights.
Wow how the fuck did I miss that. (Actually, it's only 5.... and the Kennedy and Jacare fights were practically even odds...)

Ah, you're right. Strange that he was a dog to Tavares but not Brunson.
Brunson didn't come into the UFC with any hype. He was the dog against leben.

Tavares was on a 5 fight win streak with a big win over larkin, who many had perceived as having been robbed against carmont.

How the F is Romero ever the underdog?!?

Brunson going to retire Daniel Kelly this saturday.

Rob v Dan for unified belt when Bisping retires this year. Straya bless.

Pretty sure Randy holds the record... he was literally an underdog in almost every fight he was in.

How the F is Romero ever the underdog?!?
Because he kept getting progressively bigger steps up.

Tavares was on a 5 fight win streak including a huge win over Larkin.
Kennedy had just beaten Bisping.
Machida is Machida
Jacare is Jacare
Weidman is Weidman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back