Does Emmet really have no chance against Kattar?

Emmett is an overachiever, he hits hard, is well rounded and has surprisingly great cardio for being such a bulldozer of a man but technically speaking, Kattar is a much more impressive and tested fighter. It's hard to see how Emmett wins this fight besides catching Kattar, which has never happened to him in 28 pro fights.

Not a supergood match up for Emmet but the guy is has crazy fast hands and mad power. He is a dangerous match up for anyone

Only like 7% picked him to win by KO. I expected more.
But Kattar really is as tough as it gets so it's understadable.

Seems reasonable to me. Emmett hits hard but his best opponents (Ige and Burgos) have survived the fight. Kattar has faced very good opposition and has never been knocked out.

Fight seems like it has a good chance to go the distance and Kattar seems like he has a good chance to land more shots. Who knows, it’s MMA, but I’m not surprised most people are picking Kattar

Emmett is an overachiever, he hits hard, is well rounded and has surprisingly great cardio for being such a bulldozer of a man but technically speaking, Kattar is a much more impressive and tested fighter. It's hard to see how Emmett wins this fight besides catching Kattar, which has never happened to him in 28 pro fights.
Well. Glover didn't get submitted in 40 pro fights and yet got submitted by a white belt in Jiri.
If there is a fw that can knock Kattar out it's Emmet and Kattar gets hit a lot.

I do favour Kattar to win though. He's much more skilled than Emmet but I would like for Emmet to get a title shot because he won't have many chances to do so as he's 37 already.

Not a supergood match up for Emmet but the guy is has crazy fast hands and mad power. He is a dangerous match up for anyone
Too bad he's already 37 and won't be around much longer.
I would like to see him vs Volk if he wins.

What the Facker??? Hell naw, I got Emmet winning this via big explosive right hand over the top. He is super fast explosive and has power. Watch his fights with Bargos and Johnson.

He has a puncher's chance vs anyone. But I don't think his level of boxing will keep up with Kattars. Emmet just plants and throws power hooks counters in the pocket. Movement, feints, traps, set ups would have him swinging at air vs higher level boxing. Kattar should be able to employ that type of strategy vs Emmet. I can see Kattar using the jab to frustrate and disrupt Emmet's timing for the counter and mess with his range/distance and swinging early or just being stuck waiting for something to counter. Emmet needs his feet planted before he throws, that's easy to read and set up. Kattar should be able to set a lot of traps for Emmet if he doesn't get sloppy and reckless, or get pulled into a brawl in the pocket.

Emmet doesn't do well vs fighters with decent boxing and KO power. His best work are vs fighters that aren't really known for their boxing skills.

15% doesn't mean much imo. It's not a tough decision to pick Kattar, he's the favorite for a reason, it's just not one of those super confident picks that some would suggest is a lock. On Tapology most will just go with the favorite even if they think the dog has a good chance and possibly go with Kattar even if they give Emmet the edge due to just playing safe. I have almost 40K picks there (13,000 amateur) and was #1 pick % above 30K before they introduced boxing picks which are super easy so I stopped making picks, but anyway, it's more of a game making picks than it is just always going with your instinct possibly who you think will win as pussy'ish as that sounds.

I think Kattar picks him apart for 5 rounds but it could end up being a banger leading to a finish.

Well. Glover didn't get submitted in 40 pro fights and yet got submitted by a white belt in Jiri.
If there is a fw that can knock Kattar out it's Emmet and Kattar gets hit a lot.

I do favour Kattar to win though. He's much more skilled than Emmet but I would like for Emmet to get a title shot because he won't have many chances to do so as he's 37 already.

Obviously it CAN happen, but it's not likely is my point. Don't mistake someone pointing out the improbable as impossible, that's some low IQ discourse.

I don't agree that if anyone can, Emmett can. I'd like Holloways chances better than Emmetts if I'm to be honest, or Patricios, perhaps even Topurias. Shit, I thought Chikadze might be able to do it over 5 rounds too. It's a cool fight but I think Kattar pieces him up and sends Emmett back to Camp Crystal Lake.

I think Emmitt has to get a KO or hurt him badly early. If katter just stick and moves without any sense of trouble then Emmitt is gonna get lit up like a Christmas tree on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa. Katter by Decision

Emmet gets it done. Something about Kattar irks me, so my bias could be blinding me, but I can see Emmit putting Kattar away.

Kattar's jab will chew Emmett the fuck up b4 the right cross ends him.

I think he’s going to win, Kattar will throw volume until he eats one that drops or hurts him and Emmett will pounce and finish the job.

Josh-Emmett.jpg

AnthonySmithHeroUpdated.jpg

Anthony smith looks like the Pokémon evolved version of josh Emmett
I don’t see it.

Emmett telegraphs way too much especially the heat

He will be slipfodder for Kattar who will smoke Emmett in the early rounds

Kattar is too skilled standing and will hit Emmett before being hit

A better thread title is will Kattar emerge from this fight without a broken nose

If Kattar fights smart, it's his fight to lose. Thing is, Kattar doesn't always fight smart and can't afford many mistakes against Emmet. Fun matchup and I'm hoping for an Emmet KO.

Emmett has a chance for sure he's chinny but Kattar don't hit hard and Emmetts got big power. Cardio could be an issue for Emmett.

Back