Does Fiziev really know what he was asking for?

Justin might be on his way out but sometimes the JBGs want a sacrifice. I believe Fizzy has more tools but he also tends to get into brawls in punching range. He does have decent head movement though. Fizzy is very athletic and his wrestling is a bit underrated. What I don't know about Fizzy is regarding his ability to dig deep. People who beat Justin have to dig deep to win. I also don't know how shot Justin is. It seems that everyone feels that Justin is not valid as a contender anymore.

Yes the pro fighter knows what he has chosen to do..... I think lol

No, RDA was ranked in the top 10 when Fiziev beat him.

Fun fact, that's a respectable bit of information indeed but rankings aren't the end all be all. I dont think very highly of his win over a washed up Cerrone, over James Vick or Edson Barboza to be quite honest. The Johnson win was solid, he was a fringe top 10 guy and Gaethje barely scraped by in that fight. Similarly 36 year old, battle worn Chandler isn't that impressive of a win to me and even Ferguson who was 36 when he lost to Gaethje had taken a lot of damage and been rocked plenty during that win streak...I do personally wonder if he was beginning to age out going into that fight and Gaethje just put the nail in the coffin.

Truthfully Gaethjes wins aren't aging the best and if he loses to Fiziev at 6-5 over 11 fights he'll really cement himself as a "fun fighter" moreso than some kind of perennial top guy/contender in my book. His games pretty flawed and it's what makes him exciting, lands 7.5 strikes a minute and absorbs 7.8....absolutely no defense to his striking so he's always getting hurt and busted up while dishing out maximum punishment himself. His cardio has been consistently bad and gone unfixed, it's a huge reason guys like Poirier, Khabib and Alvarez iced him...he can't keep up, lots of wasted energy and not the best cardio.

If Gaethje beats Fiziev I want to eat all the crow because I've said it before, I think Damir and Guram would beat Gaethje over 15 minutes comfortably. I think Fiziev stops him.

Edson had just come off the destruction of Hooker, and that meant more than it does now.
Also, only Varner had tko/ko Edson in the first round and that was earlier in his career.

Lost by 1st round sub a couple of times though.

Which is it?

or

Contradicting yourself. If your second post is true, then it was Alexa that beat Val.

Mistakes happen and when the other fighter can take advantage of those mistakes, they earned the victory.

All this "if, if, if" talk is a whole lot of cope.

(All this was really beside my point anyway.)

What was your point sir? Lol

Edson had just come off the destruction of Hooker, and that meant more than it does now.
Also, only Varner had tko/ko Edson in the first round and that was earlier in his career.

Lost by 1st round sub a couple of times though.

The first round sub to Cerrone was due to getting dropped by a jab. Barboza was always chinny and really vulnerable vs pressure strikers. I try to take consideration what is a fighter declining vs a fighter being exposed/losing to better competition. Barboza might be declining now but a lot of his losses and bad performances were more due to him being exposed. I also just don't take Hooker seriously as a top 10 guy, never have.

The first round sub to Cerrone was due to getting dropped by a jab. Barboza was always chinny and really vulnerable vs pressure strikers. I try to take consideration what is a fighter declining vs a fighter being exposed/losing to better competition. Barboza might be declining now but a lot of his losses and bad performances were more due to him being exposed. I also just don't take Hooker seriously as a top 10 guy, never have.

I don't either, but Hooker had some heat at the time.
Edson has always preferred fighting at distance so you're right about the pressure getting him.

I was just saying Justin has always fought the toughest guys he could.
That's a different mentality, and Im sure he knows how tough Fizzy is.

Am I the only one who thinks this dude is gonna get fucked up by Justin?

He seems so confident as he should but it's almost like he is underestimating Justing which is fckng nuts

I also see everybody here hyping him up and acting like if Justin is going to be easy work for him, they most forgot who Justin fckng Gaethje is

Fiziev hasn't fought these kind of level of fighters

I know it would be great for the division if he wins because they would have a new contender but idk man

Be careful what you wish for
If Gaethje would somehow find his old, high level wrestling background and put it to use, that could have an argument. But Gaethje as a pure striker as he is in his fights? You couldn't be more wrong. Fiziev sure have faced much, much better strikers in Thailand than Gaethje is...

Fiziev is faster and more technical but I'm not convinced he's made of the same stuff as Gaethje and Poirier. Prime for prime I think both those guys would break Fiziev in a 5 round war of attrition. But this high milage Gaethje in a 3 rounder? Fiziev probably beats him by UD.

I agree with everything except that last sentence lol.

Am I the only one who thinks this dude is gonna get fucked up by Justin?

He seems so confident as he should but it's almost like he is underestimating Justing which is fckng nuts

I also see everybody here hyping him up and acting like if Justin is going to be easy work for him, they most forgot who Justin fckng Gaethje is

Fiziev hasn't fought these kind of level of fighters

I know it would be great for the division if he wins because they would have a new contender but idk man

Be careful what you wish for
What kind of stupid ass question is this?

Fiziev is here to fight. He dont get to fight for the belt unless one of these rank squatters agrees to fight him so he pursued it.

What the fuck is he here for if not to do this???

Your fucking welcome

What kind of stupid ass question is this?

Fiziev is here to fight. He dont get to fight for the belt unless one of these rank squatters agrees to fight him so he pursued it.

What the fuck is he here for if not to do this???

Your fucking welcome

You've been a fiery fucker this last week or so lol.

You've been a fiery fucker this last week or so lol.
"why does this fighter want to move up in the rankings bro, thats scary. he should stay down wherever hes at and not try to advance his career"

"why does this fighter want to move up in the rankings bro, thats scary. he should stay down wherever hes at and not try to advance his career"

I agree with you, but it was something I noticed ya bastad lol.

I agree with you
bane-ofcourse.gif

Fizzy got smoked by Bobby Green. Are we prepared to say Bobby is the best striker in the division? The same Bobby that just got folded up? Gaethje hits with disgusting power, and fizzy likes to get hit. Not sure that’s going to work out for him. We will see.

Fizzy got smoked by Bobby Green. Are we prepared to say Bobby is the best striker in the division? The same Bobby that just got folded up? Gaethje hits with disgusting power, and fizzy likes to get hit. Not sure that’s going to work out for him. We will see.

Did he really? I recall Fiziev winning the first 2 narrowly but uncontroversially, with Bobby rallying for an impressive moral victory in the third.

Gaethje and Green are very different fighters. I think Green's elusive, high-volume style is perfect for exhausting Fiziev, who throws in combination often and blasts heavy kicks at a high clip.

However, you have a good point. Though I favor Fiziev here, it's funny not seeing the Bobby fight mentioned much. It raises the possibility of Gaethje taking over in the third, though I like Fiziev to finish Gaethje earlier.

I am looking foward to this fight for sure. Much more than the main event.
Agressive MMA is fun to watch. Safe cautious round winning is not entertaining although I do understand why they do it against tough
opponents.

I'm leaning into the shittiness on this one. Gaethjes a warrior and really solid fighter. He turned his brawling and his toughness into legit skills and you're right, in every loss he made a good showing, he arguably won the first round vs Khabib too. His gas tank just isn't at the elite level.

I'll give you that. But maybe it's his fight iq/pacing and not his gas tank. He had all the gas against ferguson. I'd give you a thumbs up/like but I'm handcuffed by this double yellow. thanks for the friendly back and forth.

Back