Does Fiziev really know what he was asking for?

I think we probably see eye to eye here. It's hard to tell where Fiziev's ceiling is right now. This is by far his toughest test. I thought Gaethje looked noticably bigger than him at the weigh-in face off. Did you see?

Its definitely his biggest test in the UFC, and no I didn't see the ceremonial weigh ins..should I watch it ?

Am I the only one who thinks this dude is gonna get fucked up by Justin?

He seems so confident as he should but it's almost like he is underestimating Justing which is fckng nuts

I also see everybody here hyping him up and acting like if Justin is going to be easy work for him, they most forgot who Justin fckng Gaethje is

Fiziev hasn't fought these kind of level of fighters

I know it would be great for the division if he wins because they would have a new contender but idk man

Be careful what you wish for

Hes beaten better strikers in his combat sports career than justin gaethje.

It's not a "must see." I was just curious if you thought they looked different in size.

I was saying earlier that Justin looked a tad bigger than normal on his Instagram.
My brother follows him.

Looked like his chest was slightly bigger, and his arms.

I was saying earlier that Justin looked a tad bigger than normal on his Instagram.
My brother follows him.

Looked like his chest was slightly bigger, and his arms.

Yeah, agreed. He seems a bit more serious and self-promoting when he said something like "I'm the most exciting fighter ever in MMA." I think the UFC/ESPN has been coaching them up on promoting the events this year. Considering last year's PPV sales were disappointing.

Yeah, agreed. He seems a bit more serious and self-promoting when he said something like "I'm the most exciting fighter ever in MMA." I think the UFC/ESPN has been coaching them up on promoting the events this year. Considering last year's PPV sales were disappointing.

He's not wrong in saying that though, you know that as well as I do.
The card as a whole is lookin pretty good too.
Keep the fans into it.

i think fiziev struggles with a good jab and should have lost to bobby green. gaethje has a very good jab but gaethje is far more hittable than bobby green who has some of the best head movement in MMA. gaethje is going to stand right in front of fiziev because he can’t fight any other way. i don’t think it will take very long for fiziev to find gaethje’s chin and when he does, it’s probably curtains.

He's not wrong in saying that though, you know that as well as I do.
The card as a whole is lookin pretty good too.
Keep the fans into it.

He's definitely up there. Although, I hope he's a little less exciting, and more patient and methodical. Like he was in the Ferguson fight.

He's definitely up there. Although, I hope he's a little less exciting, and more patient and methodical. Like he was in the Ferguson fight.

If he can keep his patience that would be preferred, but we know how he can get sir lol.

Fiziev is by far the better technical striker with better defense. I’d if it started standing Fiziev will pick gaychi apart.

Tough to land strikes when you're being put on your back by a superior grappler (see how I can give Valentina her due credit even though she lost by sub?).

Let me put it this way, Valentina felt like Alexa would have a chance to beat her if the fight stayed on the feet. This is why she spent so much time and energy going to the ground, which is clearly not her forte.

I didn't say Alexa was destroying her on the feet but she was clearly making Valentina uncomfortable enough to spend a majority of the fight where she usually doesn't choose to be.
So you are picking the narrative that Alexa was so dangerous on the feet Val turned into a panic wrestler? How about Val was beating her on the feet and took her down because Val is more well rounded. If Alexa can't stop TDs why wouldn't Val take her down. Bullet chooses to take down a weaker grappler. Forces a weaker striker to stand. Its based on the opponent and their attributes. BTW Val's career average is 2.57 TDs per 15 minutes. She landed 4 of 6 in almost 20 minutes so not a whole lot higher than her average over a 27 fight career. That seems to dispel the wrestling despite it not being her Forte myth.

Giving her Credit Alexa did a fantastic job scouting Val's spin and jumping on her back in the event Val made the mistake of trying it when too close. Val made a mistake and Alexa got the submission. Its not wrong to say Alexa found her only way to win and capitalized on it. If Val doesn't make that mistake and all the other variables didn't come together then Alexa has no other way to win.

Am I the only one who thinks this dude is gonna get fucked up by Justin?

He seems so confident as he should but it's almost like he is underestimating Justing which is fckng nuts

I also see everybody here hyping him up and acting like if Justin is going to be easy work for him, they most forgot who Justin fckng Gaethje is

Fiziev hasn't fought these kind of level of fighters

I know it would be great for the division if he wins because they would have a new contender but idk man

Be careful what you wish for

On the other hand, i don't think you know who the fuck Fiziev is

Why even bring up anyone being "triggered"? This isn't personal, just arguing your points.

We could play the "if" game all day, but it's merely assumption, not reality.

What's real, that we know for certain is that Alexa submitted Val. To say "if Val didn't throw the spin kick, if they were closer to the end of the round, if they fight 9/10 times" is all assumption.
I used the word triggered because your attempt to take words and line them up out of context to say I am contradicting myself makes you sound triggered. If you are not that's cool. Sure its an assumption that Grasso wouldn't get a sub from a TD. But it is an assumption based on her not getting or even threatening any TDs.

Some assumptions are pulled out of thin air and some are based on observations, logic and common sense. Matt Serra beat GSP and then GSP beat Matt Serra. So are the equal fighters or is it a reasonable assumption that GSP destroys him 99/100 based on the second fight, the balance of their careers etc.

Turn it around the other way. Based on how their fight was going and assume Val didn't throw a spinning kick when she did: How does Grasso win? Down 3-1 going into the 5th does she KO Val? Does she take her down and submit her? Maybe she beats her up to the point of getting a 10-7 round?

I used the word triggered because your attempt to take words and line them up out of context to say I am contradicting myself makes you sound triggered. If you are not that's cool. Sure its an assumption that Grasso wouldn't get a sub from a TD. But it is an assumption based on her not getting or even threatening any TDs.

Some assumptions are pulled out of thin air and some are based on observations, logic and common sense. Matt Serra beat GSP and then GSP beat Matt Serra. So are the equal fighters or is it a reasonable assumption that GSP destroys him 99/100 based on the second fight, the balance of their careers etc.

Turn it around the other way. Based on how their fight was going and assume Val didn't throw a spinning kick when she did: How does Grasso win? Down 3-1 going into the 5th does she KO Val? Does she take her down and submit her? Maybe she beats her up to the point of getting a 10-7 round?

I specifically took those two quotes because the second quote is the same argument I would have used against you myself. That doesn't equate to anyone being triggered. Enough about that part though, that was just a brief explanation.

You realize that fighters bring different attributes? Cardio and toughness for example. Maybe someone has the disadvantage elsewhere, but the advantage in cardio and toughness. This would favor a win like this.

Regarding "mistakes", so if a fighter makes a mistake and the other capitalizes on it, then the latter beat themself? (Keep in mind what I said about cardio and toughness. Some fighters will do better in the later rounds.)

"Mistakes" happens a whole lot. It's part of the game. Even when you do set something up, you're relying on your opponent to make the mistake of falling for it.

Also, "mistakes" aren't just mistakes. The spinning kick isn't necessarily a mistake. It's worked for her plenty of times. If she lands it, it works for her, it's not a mistake. (Therefore, I prefer the term "counter".)

It was only a mistake because Alexa was able to capitalize on it.

The number of people saying Gaethje will get KO'd stiff has convinced me Gaethje will win.

The descriptions of the outcomes I'm reading over and over just don't make any sense.

It looks like super lazy analysis for a guy that goes blow-for-blow in almost all his fights (that's Fiziev).

It's a 50-50, and Fiziev seems to be regarded as a God-tier striker at the minute, which can only change.

Maybe Fiziev wins, but I hate this overconfidence everyone has in Fiziev based on beating Brad Riddell.

We see it over and over and over again when a killer smashes his way through everyone, only to crack his cranium on the new ceiling.
I’m one of those people, I’ll admit it. I’m not basing my opinion on the Riddell win, though.

Fiziev is elite kickboxer/muay thai fighter. He’s fought (and beat) Lumpinee stadium champs standing and he just went (almost) 5 rounds with RDA (who admittedly is past his prime, but still a top fighter and very, very well rounded) before finishing him. Of course Fiziev has a nice win streak going for him, but when you look at what Gaethje brings to the table and what are Fiziev’s strengths… It looks grim for Gaethje.

I don’t think it’ll be easy, I really think we’re in for a great fight! Gaethje fights do not disappoint.

Like i said in another thread.. i think people dislike how good the lw guys are.. in a hurry to get rid of the old guard..

I'm skeptical that the new guys have what it takes..

I specifically took those two quotes because the second quote is the same argument I would have used against you myself. That doesn't equate to anyone being triggered. Enough about that part though, that was just a brief explanation.

You realize that fighters bring different attributes? Cardio and toughness for example. Maybe someone has the disadvantage elsewhere, but the advantage in cardio and toughness. This would favor a win like this.

Regarding "mistakes", so if a fighter makes a mistake and the other capitalizes on it, then the latter beat themself? (Keep in mind what I said about cardio and toughness. Some fighters will do better in the later rounds.)

"Mistakes" happens a whole lot. It's part of the game. Even when you do set something up, you're relying on your opponent to make the mistake of falling for it.

Also, "mistakes" aren't just mistakes. The spinning kick isn't necessarily a mistake. It's worked for her plenty of times. If she lands it, it works for her, it's not a mistake. (Therefore, I prefer the term "counter".)

It was only a mistake because Alexa was able to capitalize on it.
Let's put Triggered aside. I thought it was odd for you to come off as Triggered so I must have been projecting my expectation of a typical Sherdogger over reaction.

I see it as a mistake because Val was too close to land it. Alexa was able to close to in on her and get the back take. Setting traps and seeing a mistake or tendency in your opponent and having an attack for that are a little different. One you are actively doing an action to cause a specific reaction. The other is a tendency that if it happens you are ready for. Think of it like tennis. They count forced and unforced errors. I view it as an unforced error. You seem to see it another way.

Tough fight for Gaethje imo ….but power can change alot

Fiziev fought a razor close fight with Bobby Green, who threw zero kicks and just punched. Fiziev was really gassed by round 3.
You're correct. On the other hand, Justin was completely gassed out after first round on the feet with Khabib..

Back