Does Hill stand a chance?

Poatan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hee talking like hes goat after beating absolutrly nobody beside Glowers corpse. Poatan has stiffened multiple champions and fought better guys at LHW than Hill. I predict very fast vicious knockout win for Pereira. Hill lost to Craig just year ago.

There is always a chance of a fighter beating another fighter
Even if CM Punk fought GSP 10 million times, he might win 1 or 2 due to some crazy error. Anything is possible in MMA. Of course this is an extreme example and the skill gap between Poatan and Hill is not really comparable to GSP Punk

Another example would be sean strickland vs izzy. Most people thought sean had no chance.

Hee talking like hes goat after beating absolutrly nobody beside Glowers corpse. Poatan has stiffened multiple champions and fought better guys at LHW than Hill. I predict very fast vicious knockout win for Pereira. Hill lost to Craig just year ago.
*Three years ago

people are really writing Hill of for whatever reason, seems like it's mostly emotional because they don't like him and go into the old "review the resume argumentation" where the best fighter on the planet can be called a tomato can if used correctly

Course he does, he definitely punches harder than Izzy so he's got a good puncher's chance of a KO. I think Poatan outclasses him personally, and scores a standing TKO in the latter half of the fight.

Of course. Both have a decent shot at knocking each other out, odds should be quite even.

people are really writing Hill of for whatever reason, seems like it's mostly emotional because they don't like him and go into the old "review the resume argumentation" where the best fighter on the planet can be called a tomato can if used correctly
In fairness, reviewing fighters resumes is likely the best way to determine how a fight will go.

In fairness, reviewing fighters resumes is likely the best way to determine how a fight will go.

People are never reviewing them fairly, they're reviewing them to find arguments that support their already formed opinion.

Also I much prefer looking at how fighters move inside the octagon that will tell me the most

Everything's possible in MMA, even the most improbable... it's a wild sport

I hope Pereira will win, but Hill can win, he has good power.

Who thougth Strickland would school Adesanya for 5 rounds and turn it into a striking clinic?

Course he does, he definitely punches harder than Izzy so he's got a good puncher's chance of a KO. I think Poatan outclasses him personally, and scores a standing TKO in the latter half of the fight.

I'm right about in this camp.

Poatan has been hit and is hittable.

Hill is a hard hitter and fast.

I favor Poatan above what the odds makers have it because I think him to be a GREAT striker...

But his offense is still greater than his defense, & that leaves a very real opportunity for Hill.

OFC Hill has a chance. Hes got the pop and his chin so far looked good, so if they trade, I cant be sure to say who drops first.

my concern is his speed/explosiveness. Achilles is no joke and Im not sure hes fully healed, we will see.

But if indeed his movement is compromised coming into a fight where he is much likely eating calf kicks (despite being a southpaw for most of the time), I can see him struggling, hiting air and being droped.

He hits hard and will trade shots to land. I don’t think that Alex has the best striking defense or chin. I’ll be rooting for Poatan but could see him getting KO’d by Hill

Review the resume argumentation? Ummm wtf else are you supposed to use?

Back