Does Khabib have an iron chin or did Conor not land flush?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Firstly Conor isn't a proven 1 punch walkaway KO machine. He uses his accuracy and speed to put his opponents down. Most of his wins are by an accumulation of damage in which he eventually drops his opponents and finishes them with GnP for the TKO win. So, I wasn't expecting him to 1 punch KO Khabib but I thought Conor would land enough to eventually drop Khabib and then GnP TKO him. I was obviously wrong.

Does Khabib have an iron chin or did Conor not just land flush because Khabib was never even rocked?

Both

Conor landed a few times, but I don't think he had enough energy to actually put Khabib away. Khabib's chin is solid, and I don't see anybody cracking him if Conor couldn't.

Good chin, but it's mostly because of his composure in there. He stays calm in striking range, sees shots coming and rolls with them more than people give him credit for. It's always been hilarious when people talk like his striking is bad just because it's not aesthetically pleasing.

Definitely a good chin. You don't walk through Barboza spin kicks without being able to take massive hits, that should've been quite evident before.

People overestimate Conor’s left, people act like he can KO Thanos with a flush left.

Both TBH, Conor didn't land anything of note and Khabib already has an iron chin.

Both

Conor landed a few times, but I don't think he had enough energy to actually put Khabib away. Khabib's chin is solid, and I don't see anybody cracking him if Conor couldn't.
this. /end

neither.... by the time Conor landed anything which was in the 4th... he was gassed to the point where Khabib was 2x as fast as him in striking...

People overestimate Conor’s left, people act like he can KO Thanos with a flush left.

Probably could

To the OP: Conor didn't land flush enough or even land enough shots in general to really hurt Khabib. He obviously has a solid chin, but he never truly tasted Conor's power in the way that nearly every other opponent has.

yeah this

plus lactic acid build up, probably couldnt get the same pop out of his punches
Khabib sucked out a lot of his power in the first round. Then he lost a bit of his soul when he got rocked on the feet. Then he gave his soul away forever when he tapped to a neck crank

Conor did land one flush. Khabib ate it though. That was the breaking point for McGregor

Khabib sucked out a lot of his power in the first round. Then he lost a bit of his soul when he got rocked on the feet. Then he gave his soul away forever when he tapped to a neck crank
Khabib was basically a wet blanket in the first round. Sucking his energy

Conor did land one flush. Khabib ate it though. That was the breaking point for McGregor
This is how I remember it as well. I thought Conor landed 2-3 good shots. Khabib never flinches.

Conor only KO's guys when they are in the most convenient range for him to land that left. His entire style is suckering the other guy to get in that range. That's what happened to Aldo. It perplexes me how Alvarez committed exactly what Aldo did wrong.

The most basic boxing techniques against a southpaw seem to work against Conor, circle away from that left and throw right hand leads (if you're a righty). In Nate's case his height took some of the power away from that left, and even if it didn't, Nate could still probably take it. I think a leg injury hampered his movement/balance in the second fight hence the three knockdowns.

Khabib was circling the wrong way against Conor in the third. I don't know why he did that. Why he even traded with Conor is beyond me.

I think Khabib actually has an iron chin, guy's relentless. I picked Conor to win but after the first takedown and subsequent gassing there was no way he would've won that.

Conor only KO's guys when they are in the most convenient range for him to land that left. His entire style is suckering the other guy to get in that range. That's what happened to Aldo. It perplexes me how Alvarez committed exactly what Aldo did wrong.

The most basic boxing techniques against a southpaw seem to work against Conor, circle away from that left and throw right hand leads (if you're a righty). In Nate's case his height took some of the power away from that left, and even if it didn't, Nate could still probably take it. I think a leg injury hampered his movement/balance in the second fight hence the three knockdowns.

Khabib was circling the wrong way against Conor in the third. I don't know why he did that. Why he even traded with Conor is beyond me.
If Eddie had employed the same strategy like Kebab, meaning clinch and force him to wrestle and grapple instead of boxing with an accurate powerful counterpuncher when he's fresh, Eddie might have won

Back