Does the winner of Askren-masvidal get a TS?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
And if not who does? Call me crazy but I think that the winner of that deserve a a TS more than Covington (he hasn't fought in like a year).

And if not who does? Call me crazy but I think that the winner of that deserve a a TS more than Covington (he hasn't fought in like a year).

Im officially calling you crazy.

Like him or not, but Covington fought his way up and deserves it, even though he produces a lot of cringe.

Askren had only one fight so far.
The Winner of your mentioned fight should go against Dos Anjos first (who is ranked on 3).

Last edited:
Askrens resume is better than Colby's. Askren should definitely get a TS with a win. Masvidal would also earn a TS too beating two Top 5's in a row. Yes.

I propose a tournament between Askren, Covington, Masvidal and Woodley

All eligible for their own reasons. Sucks that Woodley and Askren are friends in this instance

Yes he does. But first Marty vs Colby

Join our sherdog ranking on fantasyfightweek.com and predict askren vs masvidal!

What has Colby done to deserve a guaranteed TS again? He won a paper interim title and got it stripped didn't he?

This fight has zero buzz. The UFC should have made Masvidal vs Edwards and Askren vs Lawler 2.

This is the first time I see anything about Masvidal vs Askren. The fight was forgotten as soon as it was announced. LOL

Colby has to fight Marty next , otherwise he loses his chance. He’s the interim champ. It’s the only fight that makes sense in this falling “credible” “sport”.

He he refuses for whatever reason, Ben vs Jorge, winner is next

But he is the only one up there that deserve. So let colby get his ass whooped!
Colby needs to fight sometime and be active. Beating RDA and Maia isn't the only path to the WW Title. If Ben wins then thats a win over Lawler and Masvidal. That deserves a TS. If Masvidal wins then he'll have beaten Till and Askren and that also deserves a TS. Colby needs to shit or get off the pot because time is passing by.

Yes!

Also, there's no way Covington will go to Abu Dhabi given the political climate and his antagonistic antics, so if Ben or Jorge can get out of there with injury, they should make the quick turnaround to fight Usman as the co-main on UFC 242.

If here and there. As it is now.. Its snoozman vs colby

Join our sherdog ranking on fantasyfightweek.com and predict askren vs masvidal!
It's only going to be Usman and Colby if Usman agrees to it. Honestly I don't think Colby Covington is the hold up in that fight happening it's Marty who is. I think it would already be signed and dated if it was up to Colby for what it's worth. I'm predicting Askren vs Usman in December.

Not before Colby imo, if Masvidal wins I wonder if he would push for the title shot over his good buddy Colby

Usman vs Colby has to be next.

Winner of Askren/Masvidal can fight the winner.

Askren/Masvidal winner should get title shot, because Woodley vs Lawler 2 is cancelled. But Usman vs Covington is still not done deal, so Ben/Jorge might fight again in the meantime.

Isn’t masvidal .500 in his last 6?
Askren has one win that many don’t view as a win
Covington deserves a TS
He beat the guys Usman did but first

Isn’t masvidal .500 in his last 6?
Askren has one win that many don’t view as a win
Covington deserves a TS
He beat the guys Usman did but first
Colby lost to a can in 2015. Ben Askren is undefeated and beaten all the cans in his path. Compare their resumes it's not even close.

Well, it's pretty clear that Colby and Dana are not seeing eye to eye on something. What that is exactly we don't know. Some day the full story will come out.

Part of me wants to support the fighter generally. The other part of me doesn't give a rats ass about this particular fighter.

If Askren or Masvidal get the title shot, I'll watch.

Dana already said Colby gets the next shot. I believe him yo. I don’t know why, but I do.

Winner of Askren/Masvidal should get Leon Edwards. Winner of that gets TS. Colby is already in line for the next shot.

Is there any new years event this year? Can't see ufc added a card..

Pretty sure there's no new year's card. but there's still UFC 244 & 245 for Usman to fight at, considering 243 will be Adesanya vs. Whittaker (main) and Holloway vs. Volkanovski (co-main). That leaves the strawweight, men's & women's flyweight, men's & women's bantamweight, women's featherweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight open for title fights at the end of the year. plus lightweight, if Khabib takes no damage at UFC 242.

It seems like for the first time in ages, the UFC will have a plethora of champions ready to fight. Good problem to have heading into 2020.

Back