Does UFC Have the Top Fighter in Each Weight Class?

So is Aljo though.
Mix is a much better finisher than Aljo. He's also got a weird lanky frame. Aljo was also a 2.5 - 1 favorite over O'Malley.

It's true Eblen's stock took a massive hit against Kasanganay. But the world just isn't sold on DDP, and DDP would probably be an underdog to Adesanya and Pereira.

Mix is a much better finisher than Aljo. He's also got a weird lanky frame. Aljo was also a 2.5 - 1 favorite over O'Malley.
Not sure why you're bringing up the odds, that makes what O'Malley did even more impressive. Mix's two best wins are against natural flyweights.

It's true Eblen's stock took a massive hit against Kasanganay. But the world just isn't sold on DDP, and DDP would probably be an underdog to Adesanya and Pereira.
I'm not sure why you're bringing up Adesanya, or Pereira who isn't even in the division. Eblen's striking is not good enough to stand with DDP and it's highly unlikely he'd be able to control him either. Look at what DDP did to Whittaker not long ago who is a better fighter than Eblen.

Who would be the betting favorite in cross-promotional bout between top fighters in each weight class?

BW: Mix would be favored to beat O'Malley. (1 point for PFLlator)

FW: Unclear if Topuria would be favored over Khizriev or Loughnane or Braga.

LW: I'm guessing Makhacev would be the favorite over Usman Nurmagomedov, though the skill gap is probably minimal. (1 point for UFC)

WW: I think Edwards would be the underdog against Umalatov or Musaev. (1 point for PFLlator)

MW: Eblen vs du Plessis...unsure who would be favored.

LHW: I think Nemkov would be the clear favorite over Pereira. (1 point for PFLlator)

HW: Ngannou v Jones...I'll guess Jones would be the favorite but not sure. (1 point for UFC)

That's 3-2 for PFllator.

Your thoughts?

Saudi money has transformed combat sports.
Eblen was just taken to life or death against Impa Kasanganay, DDP would in all likelihood wipe the floor with him. He's bigger, more physical.
Nemkov has looked good and well rounded but has been fighting literal whos. Definitely someone I'd like the UFC to sign though.

Eblen was just taken to life or death against Impa Kasanganay, DDP would in all likelihood wipe the floor with him. He's bigger, more physical.
Nemkov has looked good and well rounded but has been fighting literal whos. Definitely someone I'd like the UFC to sign though.

Lol whos? Nemkov has been fighting guys who were top 5 in the UFC when the LHW division was stronger.

Bantamweight, you can say Mix would be favored over O'Malley but Umar, Cory, Cejudo, Merab you can say has a good chance of beating Mix.

Featherweight, it's really between Volk, Max and Topuria each beating eachother except Max/Topuria

LW: it's clearly UFC with Islam

WW: Until someone beats Leon he's top he showed incredible TDD last 2 fights not even including Shavkat right below him

MW: Eblen got rocked, almost lost to Impa Kasegenay and looked terrible his last fight. I'd say Izzy and DDP beats him

LHW: Nemkov could probably beat Alex, but Jiri already beat Nemkov in the past and Anka would probably beat him as well

HW: Tom i think would beat both Jones and Francis atm

Champion vs Champion wise you might have a point, but UFC has far more depth and the people below them are far better matchups.
135: Umar, OMalley, Merab
145: Illia, Mix, Volk
155: Islam, Usman, AJ
170: Leon, Shavkat, Usman
185: Khamzat, Adesanya, Eblen
205: Alex, Ankalaev, Nemkov

Eblen can't have a clear win against Impa he will get ko round 1 Du Plessis

Back