Does USADA keep UFC fighters' samples for retroactive tests?

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Lance Armstrong got caught 6-10 years after with retroactive tests when the testing finally caught up. The same thing happened to many olympic gold medalists.

Will we find out Conor/DJ/Nunes or someone else were doping the entire time in a few years?

I'd love to see DC's and even more so, khabib's.

I don't need any test for Romero. That's just straight comedy.

GSP was tested by USADA 5 times in 2018 and 9 times in 2017

GSP was tested by USADA 5 times in 2018 and 9 times in 2017

Yes, but he was only tested for 1 fight with Bisping.

He could have doped for his entire career then stopped for his comeback when USADA came along with their random drug testing.

He's definitely a lot smarter than someone like Jones.

I don't why they would care. They will have already made all their money and competed without suspension. Are they going to strip the belts from them after they've already retired and gotten all their PPV, purse and sponsorship money?

<22>

He could have doped for his entire career then stopped for his comeback when USADA came along with their random drug testing.

He was tested 18 times by USADA.... He is as suspicious as anyone. As suspicious as Khabib, DC, Rockhold, Maía, Jacare, Mighty Mouse, Aldo, Holloway. Mcgregor, etc.

I would be ok with retro testing for substances already included on the list. But only for internal knowledge, meaning no penalties, but now they know who to potentially target going forward. But I would be against testing for substances that were not on the banned list at the time.

He's been tested 18 times, and if that is the case then every single fighter falls under the same umbrella, as every other fighter only had higher testing once USADA arrived.

Kind of a silly argument and just another reason for people to throw shade at GSP for no reason.

After UFC goes out of business and all that dirt starts coming out, the USADA dirt will be a nice addition. :)

Lance Armstrong got caught 6-10 years after with retroactive tests when the testing finally caught up. The same thing happened to many olympic gold medalists.

They've stripped some Olympic champions while they gave others a pass because possible tainted meat and precedents.

The names of those who kept their medals were not revealed even if IOC was accused of covering up, so who knows what will happen even with re-tests.

GSP spent years advocating for better drug testing. What the hell are you guys talking about?

GSP spent years advocating for better drug testing. What the hell are you guys talking about?

quote-when-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a-long-time-when-you-use-the-steroids-for-anderson-silva-106-85-31.jpg

quote-when-the-guys-test-for-the-steroids-they-should-have-no-more-fights-anderson-silva-106-85-32.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back