does usman beat prime Hendricks?

Ruthless_swag

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the juiced version that fought gsp, Lawler 1, Condit etc.

I refuse to believe that usman isn't on some fuel. he has or is still taking some supplements for boosting his gas tank.

Hendricks might beat epo usman?

juiced Lawler could beat him too I reckon.

GSP and Hendricks at the time of their bout would defeat the Usman we saw on Sat.

Probably no, my reason is because he seems to eat so many shots

Considering that Hendricks wrestling should be good enough to deal with Usman and that he packed a hell of a punch, while Usman's striking defense on the feet is questionable at times, it's pretty reasonable that the best version of Hendricks beats the current Usman.

They're on a level playing field, if you know what I mean. I got Hendricks by TKO.

I refuse to believe that usman isn't on some fuel. he has or is still taking some supplements for boosting his gas tank.

No. Hendricks IS a better wrestler. Better striker. Hits harder.

Epo or no Epo, Hendricks would be a NIGHTMARE for Uzman, pun intended.

Pre USADA Hendricks puts a beating on fakenewsman

On paper Woodley was the better striker, the better wrestler and the harder hitter and he got dominated badly so I wouldn't count him out based on that

Hendricks is a better wrestler than Colby AND Uzman. He's up there with the greatest NCAA wrestler to have competed in MMA. Some say Askren is better, but I like Hendricks better. It was just that Askren had amazing NCAA career, but wrestling wise, no way Askren is a better wrestler, just accomplished more in folkstyle, in my opinion anyways.

Usman is talented but motivated Hendricks was just so dangerous. Kamaru would need to shore up his striking defense, a lot.

Different PED rules. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Prime TRT Belfort beats post USADA Belfort with one arm.

On paper Woodley was the better striker, the better wrestler and the harder hitter and he got dominated badly so I wouldn't count him out based on that

Hendricks is a better striker AND wrestler than Woodley. And hits way harder.

Woodley got dominated badly by Rory. Lost to Jake Shields. Nothing surprising about that.

I called it before it happened. HE would lose to any one of three Askren Uzman Colby when he fights them. People flamed me, but look at where they disapeared to.

Eh, he's better credentialed. Technically, so was Woodley, and Usman manhandled Woodley early in the fight.

A lot of people in this thread are forgetting than Hendricks generally struggled against strong wrestlers. He lost to Story and went life and death with Mike Pierce and past prime Koscheck.

The GSP fight was his best performance against a solid wrestler other than the Fitch fight, but we don't know how the latter would have played out if it went rounds.

Also, you people seem to be forgetting that Hendricks had notorious problems with his cardio. He'd be in deep shit once it hit the third round against a guy with a gas tank like Usman.

hendrix never had great cardio...usman would destroy any version of hendrix...usman would be all over hendrix from the opening bell...there's a reason why hendrix couldn't win a fight to save his life after usada...to compare guys, before usada, that were obviously juicing to guys now is not fair or right to do....hendrix had zero discipline in his diet...once usada hit, hendrix couldn't buy a win...he couldn't even make weight any longer...

Hendricks is a better striker AND wrestler than Woodley. And hits way harder.

Woodley got dominated badly by Rory. Lost to Jake Shields. Nothing surprising about that.

I called it before it happened. HE would lose to any one of three Askren Uzman Colby when he fights them. People flamed me, but look at where they disapeared to.

Woodley got outstruck in a clinical manner for two rounds and was taken down in the last round after he was gassed.

Embarrassing loss, but it's been a bit exaggerated after the fact.

Hendricks is such a strange case because he had an extremely high peak, but it was short lived and he fell off a cliff. If they both have to fight under USADA prime Hendricks wouldnt really be prime, if u know what i mean.

Usman is talented but motivated Hendricks was just so dangerous. Kamaru would need to shore up his striking defense, a lot.
"Motivated Hendricks"
tumblr_m0hm67sGie1qjbocho1_400.gif

That's not playing fair.

Considering that Hendricks wrestling should be good enough to deal with Usman and that he packed a hell of a punch, while Usman's striking defense on the feet is questionable at times, it's pretty reasonable that the best version of Hendricks beats the current Usman.

Hendricks struggled with most of the wrestlers that he fought and had cardio problems. I'd give him a shot because he was a beast at his best, but the idea that he's a bad match up for Usman is just wrong. Usman is a bad match up for Hendricks.

Last edited:

1) There's zero evidence that Hendricks was juiced. USADA hurt him by banning IVs he used for weight-cutting, but he never tested positive for PEDs. If anything, Usman is more likely to be on something than Johnny was.

2) I think Prime Hendricks would win. His wrestling was good enough to offset Usman's, and he hits much harder. Big Rigg's biggest challenge would be giving up reach, but when got inside and hit, he'd be the one breaking jaws. He showed he was a good, diverse striker in his first fight with Lawler. The fact Hendricks could hold his own standing with GSP, prime Lawler and prime Condit makes me think he'd be fine striking with Usman or Colby.

That said, Usman is very tough and durable. So is Colby. It wouldn't be an easy fight for either guy unless Hendricks landed an H-bomb in just the right spot.

Last edited:
Motivated Hendricks isn't fair. He beat everybody. For comparison according to UFC announcers motivated BJ Penn beat Ngannou and John Jones at the same time. Super-Motivated BJ Penn takes out all the terrorists in the Middle East and doesn't even need weapons (Sensei Seagal style).

Back