Social Dogs of Peace Maul Own Breeder To Death

Just saw this in the news.

Staffordshire Terrier kills a 5-week old baby

Five-week-old baby killed by staffy after the dog snatched boy from his mother's arms​

A mother who woke to find her five-week-old son had been snatched from her arms and killed by the family's American Staffordshire terrier cried out to her husband: 'The dog's got the baby.'

———————

Disgusting. Yet, according to some in here, I’m the immoral one … f**king outrageous
The dog had been microchipped and registered as an American Staffordshire terrier but the court heard there were suggestions it was at least part American pit bull.

In June 2021, five weeks before the infant boy was killed, the dog was responsible for the death of a cocker spaniel on a neighouring property.

There were no witnesses to that incident but Dr Kell said a ranger who responded to the attack suspected the staffy had pulled the cocker spaniel through a hole in a fence and killed it in the backyard.

The ranger also believed the staffy might have been a pit bull, or pit bull-cross, based on its yellow eyes, liver-coloured nose and white tips on its paws.

A staffy is a pitbull from what I've read
I googled the first five words of this post and this was the shocking first result. From the AKC:

So while every American Staffordshire Terrier can technically be called an American Pit Bull Terrier, not every American Pit Bull Terrier is an American Staffordshire Terrier.)

“Laws that ban particular breeds of dogs do not achieve these aims and instead create the illusion, but not the reality, of enhanced public safety. Notably, there are no statewide laws that discriminate based on dog breed, and 18 states have taken the proactive step of expressly banning laws that single out particular breeds for disparate legal treatment. Even the White House has weighed in against laws that target specific breeds. In a statement issued in 2013, President Obama said “[w]e don’t support breed-specific legislation—research shows that bans on certain types of dogs are largely ineffective and often a waste of public resources. And the simple fact is that dogs of any breed can become dangerous when they’re intentionally or unintentionally raised to be aggressive.” —ASPCA

Position Statement on Pit Bulls

I didn't realize so many US states had already banned BSL statewide. Even the ones that haven't yet have repealed it in many different counties & cities. These antiquated laws have been replaced by breed neutral laws. Dangerous dog laws generally continue to exist they just don't single out specific breeds anymore. According to the ASPCA these are already working.

pitbullhero-bsl-continues-to-crumble-bracken-ky_orig.png

BSL Continues to Crumble

I didn't realize so many US states had already banned BSL statewide. Even the ones that haven't yet have repealed it in many different counties & cities. These antiquated laws have been replaced by breed neutral laws. Dangerous dog laws generally continue to exist they just don't single out specific breeds anymore. According to the ASPCA these are already working.

BSL Continues to Crumble
And what are these breed-neutral laws? They'll put your dog down after it crushes the neighbour kid's skull? Very effective, no doubt.

And what are these breed-neutral laws? They'll put your dog down after it crushes the neighbour kid's skull? Very effective, no doubt.
So you're not even familiar with them and you're already judging their efficacy? Did you not read what the ASPCA, Humane Society, CDC, White House (Obama Administration), Department of Transportation (DOT), American Bar Association (ABA), American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), et al. said? The antiquated breed specific laws of the past were not effective. Hence them being repealed and replaced by more modern laws actually backed by science and not speculation and junk science. Research them.

BSL Continues to Crumble
How many babies has a pit bull that age eaten you reckon?

So you're not even familiar with them and you're already judging their efficacy? Did you not read what the ASPCA, Humane Society, CDC, White House (Obama Administration), Department of Transportation (DOT), American Bar Association (ABA), American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), et al. said? The antiquated breed specific laws of the past were not effective. Hence them being repealed and replaced by more modern laws actually backed by science and not speculation and junk science. Research them.
I don't need to research them. I'm not the one asserting they're effective*. You are. Let's see some proof of that, hm?

*or not effective in the case of "bsl" laws, something I have never contradicted either

I'm not really sure where I stand on the issue of banning pits and for I'm getting the breed die out. That's a pretty drastic move to implement, IMO. Though if pit enthusiasts would at least be willing to acknowledge that breeds commonly referred to as "pits" are overrepresented in maulings\deaths, that might at least allow real dialogue on the issue.

Last edited:
I'm not really where I stand on the issue of banning pits and for I'm getting the breed die out. That's a pretty drastic move to implement, IMO. Though if pit enthusiasts would at least be willing to acknowledge that breeds commonly referred to as "pits" are overrepresented in maulings\deaths, that might at least allow real dialogue on the issue.

I always acknowledge that they can be dangerous and need proper care ....but I'm not able to get down with the idea that they are ticking time bombs who's main purpose is to kill and maul and they arent capable of being good boys.

The bite Stat for them is also higher than other dogs. But it's not a 1 for 1 like other breeds there's multiple breeds that count as pit dogs so that inflates the stats a bit. They are also over represented in abuse statistics. Ghetto morons try to breed them and a lot of the attacks happen when puppies and girls in heat are around. And proper care ...they are very sensitive need to be treated as part of the family and can't just be chained in the backyard to a tree with no purpose no attention no exercise no socialization and no reassurance or they get weird and go bad.

What a weird superstition. This is the same Kantian mindset that says we should ban guns because they are bad. Way to rationalize your way to stupidity.

What a weird superstition. This is the same Kantian mindset that says we should ban guns because they are bad. Way to rationalize your way to stupidity.
Guns are more functional than pit bulls. You can't be this dumb.

Back