Don’t feel too sorry for Gaethje

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The man took home $850,000 in performance bonuses and he will be back for more exciting fights in sure.

The whole narrative that he was risking his potential title shot at 155, I mean seriously can we just stop pretending he wasn’t gonna simply get grapple raped by Makhachev?

This was much better, we got an epic fight, an epic finish, both guys made a ton of money, and both guys will still have plenty of great matchups on their plate going forward, especially Max.

Justin can do the trilogy with Dustin once Makhachev is finished grapple raping him. Meanwhile Arman can rematch Islam, he’s really the only one that can cancel out his grappling.

I agree that Justin vs Mak would’ve been a mismatch. Not to mention he’s already had two title fights and been slept in both.

I think Justin might be cooked and it’s his own fault, didn’t listen whatsoever to Whitman last night and let the BMF gimmick get in his head. He only has himself to blame.

I agree that Justin vs Mak would’ve been a mismatch. Not to mention he’s already had two title fights and been slept in both.

I think Justin might be cooked and it’s his own fault, didn’t listen whatsoever to Whitman last night and let the BMF gimmick get in his head. He only has himself to blame.
His nose got fucked up in round 1 which screwed him the rest of the fight. It had nothing to do with coaching or being overconfident

Yeah I don't think he would of done much against Islam, but he still shot himself in the foot in a way taking this instead of waiting for his last title shot which he pushing big time for.
In the lead up to the Fiziev, Dustin and this fight he was pretty much saying how this is his last title run and how losing isn't an option since his chances of fighting for the belt would be done for.

That being said, he most likely got paid a good amount for this and was part of one of the most historical events. Still a fun as fuck legacy, but I imagine he's gonna retire soon and maybe he'll have one last fight after this(Dustin trilogy?).
Back to Islam's contenders tho, I honestly can't see many dudes beating right now. I think he'll steamroll Dustin and while Arman could cause some trouble early, I don't think he'll be the one to derail Islam's title reign.

His nose got fucked up in round 1 which screwed him the rest of the fight. It had nothing to do with coaching or being overconfident

Had everything to do with him deviating from the plan. Whitman told Gaethje to chop Max down with leg kicks from the outside before closing the distance later in the fight, he even reiterated it in the corner after round one. He had no business running face first into Max with only a few seconds to go in a round he was chopping Max down.

Gaethje abandoned the leg kicks because of the broken nose, he was getting jabbed in the nose and understandably overreacting.

The man took home $850,000 in performance bonuses and he will be back for more exciting fights in sure.

The whole narrative that he was risking his potential title shot at 155, I mean seriously can we just stop pretending he wasn’t gonna simply get grapple raped by Makhachev?

This was much better, we got an epic fight, an epic finish, both guys made a ton of money, and both guys will still have plenty of great matchups on their plate going forward, especially Max.

Justin can do the trilogy with Dustin once Makhachev is finished grapple raping him. Meanwhile Arman can rematch Islam, he’s really the only one that can cancel out his grappling.
How did Justin get $850,000 in bonuses?

He got 300k not 850k

People with fighter fetish think he didn't do it for money and title, he did it for our EnTeRtAiNmEnt

You only have so many wars in you and at 36 years old Gaethje is giving me Tony Ferguson vibes.

Didn’t he headkick KO poirier in his last fight? Come on man he got his nose badly broken early on and never give up after taking stinging jabs on it for 25 minutes. He’s nowhere near done.

Glad he took home a bunch of money. God knows he's earned it. But I'm not convinced he's coming back the same. With all the damage he's taken this could very well be the final straw that broke prime Gaethje.

I feel like he got an unfair shake this fight. Who knows how badly those two illegal vicious eye-pokes affected him. Two instances of illegal eye-strikes in BOTH of Justin’s eyes.
Those were two of the dirtiest eyepokes I've personally ever seen, did Max even apologize for them lol

I don't feel bad as much as I am concerned about his health. He was motionless for a bit, that was a bad KO.. like completely gone.

Hopefully he gets a lot of time to recover before he comes back.
This. The dude has taken a TON of damage in his career.

Didn’t he headkick KO poirier in his last fight? Come on man he got his nose badly broken early on and never give up after taking stinging jabs on it for 25 minutes. He’s nowhere near done.
I for one really hope you are right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back