Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't been posting much lately, Cmart.

Done with the cut and ready to pound some deadlifts?
tenor.gif

You haven't been posting much lately, Cmart.

Done with the cut and ready to pound some deadlifts?

Not much of a cut. Just took a few weeks to relax. Started working on deadlifts and OHP, just for fun. In fact, yesterday I pressed 185 for 3 at a bodyweight of 180. Deadlift numbers will take a while, I won't be maxing for several weeks.

Nice. I'm focusing on the same lifts....

Except I was happy with pressing 180 x 1 at a bw of 215ish. I'm working towards a bw OHP, but it'll take another couple months.

I want to sneak a max deadlift in at some point for the sake of the comp. I think I'll wait a few weeks and then just grab a vid when things are feeling good.

At what point does it become unnecessary to even have a Pub in the S&C?

At what point does it become unnecessary to even have a Pub in the S&C?
Did you know that the first Pub was in the main forum, but got forced into the training logs so that the posts wouldn't count? I think Mschatz might have started it.

And did you know that the Pub, before there was a Pub, was Fatty's log?

It's kind of weird that the other forum sometimes has more posts in a given day than all of S&C does.

But here's a big difference...

If you look at who is online on the other forum, you can assume they're browsing the Pub (unless they're one of the few who only post in their logs).

Here, you see who is viewing the thread and won't generally see anyone else looking at the Pub. So, why would anyone keep a tab up with an empty Pub?

All I know is that I've never been a direct witness to a once thriving forum completely dying.

Guess I can check that one off the list.

Remember how fucking busy this place used to be?

When I started posting, missing a day in the main forum would mean having to catch up with so many posts in each of roughly a dozen+ threads on the main forum. Plus all of the logs of the regulars who were posting on the main. Literally every thread on the front page would have new posts.

Yeah, it was awesome.

I don't get the people here who say "Oh, these things go in cycles. People come, people go."

Lol nah, this place is full blown dead. They also should have never merged the S&P and conditioning forums.

These days, I use the new forum for pub chatting with the boyz, and r/powerlifting for anything actually lifting related.

I can start my usual Friday "what's everyone doing for the weekend?" thread, but I'll probably just come across as the crazy old guy sitting in an empty pub talking to himself.

So, what's everyone doing for the weekend?

My kids finish their respective schools today for the summer, so a nice 6 week break ahead of them. There's a couple of family parties / gatherings on Saturday and Sunday, and then I hope to pull 220kg on Monday before heading off to Turkey for a week where I will be consuming copious amounts of kebabs.

When I started posting, missing a day in the main forum would mean having to catch up with so many posts in each of roughly a dozen+ threads on the main forum. Plus all of the logs of the regulars who were posting on the main. Literally every thread on the front page would have new posts.

I had been a long time lurker of Sherdog since forever, stumbled into the S&P but didn't really get what was going on since I had really no experience with PL nor did I have an interest. Plus it was much like the OT and so I really didn't feel the need to step in. Sherdog for me was like never taking the jump into a game of double-dutch. Just constantly bouncing on the outside; then one day saying fuck it and jumping. I ended up in a tangled mess. I think the only reason I joined was to tell someone to fuck off about a Bustamante V Rampage fight.

Anyway, once I started following the S&P I found it hilarious. This place, as @JimRussel said is dead. Not some low point of an earthly cycle: Dead!

I go back to old thread at times, and yeah some threads are like 27 pages and it all happened within a day or two.

The other forum is way better. Took me a long time to figure that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back