Economy Donald Trump launches sneaker line

Selling cheap shoes at $400 a pop to cult members. If that's not a grift, what is?

Seems pretty much exactly as advertised. What part of it duplicitous or a scam? I consider Theranos a grift. I consider Elon marketing himself as a free speech absolutist when he's a capitalist at heart to be a grift. I consider Ibram X Kendi's fundraising off junk science to be a grift. I consider Trump raising money off the "big lie" a grift. Selling junk shoes because people like your brand isn't a grift; the people know what they are getting.

15 years ago maybe.

That power collar with a white tee and some pressed baggy jeans with them shoes?

Yeah that would’ve been the look

PxpC.gif

The whole sneaker collection thing is weird to me, but sneakerheads will buy 'em up. Think of the returns if the dude actually gets elected again. It's not like it's a regular business. They're probably shit, and fall apart in rain, but there ain't too many Bel-Air Trump's out there.

I always thought shoe collections were strictly something women had? Imelda Marcos comes to mind.

Reactions: Cid
I'm sure the Trump shoes are made by Vietnamese children

Guaranteed they're made in a sweatshop somewhere outside the US. Otherwise they'd be crowing about how well made in the good ole USA they were.

Imagine dunking in these. Maybe NBA teams can do some trial runs with them. The high tops will be supportive, while the slogan "never surrender" sends a chilling message to the the opposing team.

the fucked up thing is that Trump likely has no idea what Warhammer is

Back