Donnie Nietes to face Orlando Penalba on Herring vs Frampton Undercard

3 bums on the same night for Snake’s return.
Should be an easy handicap match, a few weeks before he unifies another weight class in his next fight.

Just out of curiosity, do any of y'all remember how you scored Nietes vs. Ioka a few years back? I thought the scores were all over the place. Flyweight and bantamweight fighters don't get the credit they deserve, non-stop action and awesome technical work at the top levels.

Just out of curiosity, do any of y'all remember how you scored Nietes vs. Ioka a few years back? I thought the scores were all over the place. Flyweight and bantamweight fighters don't get the credit they deserve, non-stop action and awesome technical work at the top levels.

Ioka by a point or two, though I was rooting for Ioka going in.

Worth rewatching. I hope Nietes still has something left and that this isn't just wanting one last paycheck.

don't remember my exact score tbh, I think I had a draw (was there a KD? IDT I remember one), but as I remember it it could have gone either way. Given the performances Ioka has been putting on at SFlW lately I think it's safe to say that Nietes will be able to compete at the highest level of hte division assuming he doesn't show up washed up.

Well, I am probably biased in favor of Nietes, and I had him up by a couple rounds. I guess it really was one of those fights where it just depends what you were looking for in scoring. I thought Nietes landed the harder shots, but like you guys said, Ioka is a heck of a fighter and his recent success shows it.

Back