Doo Ho Choi quote before the Cub fight

I think Cub would like to avoid it for more obvious ones.
Yeah, like not wanting to fight
an unranked fighter that he
already beat the holy fuck out of?

So what? Even Cub was questioning his motivation to fight at this point. He said himself that Do Hoo Choi calling him out made him more motivated to train really hard just to prove to all the doubters that he wasn't finished. And the veteran prevailed against a very good prospect.

Yeah, like not wanting to fight
an unranked fighter that he
already beat the holy fuck out of?
He didn't beat the fuck out of him. And it's where he'd make more money than any fight he'd ever take outside of Conor (never happening )

Nice thinking outside the box though dummy

Dana said if doo knocked Cub out he would give him a Conor level push. Choi failed, and his window of opportunity for stardom has closed.

It was understandable, considering the performances he'd been putting on.

DHC didn't take into account how much Cub's striking suffers against opponents who are actively trying to take him down. He's a dangerous motherfucker on the feet when he gets loose though.

He didn't beat the fuck out of him. And it's where he'd make more money than any fight he'd ever take outside of Conor (never happening )

Nice thinking outside the box though dummy
Lmao why would he make more money fighting someone he already beat instead of fighting someone better?

Sometimes a loss is really good for a young fighter. I think DHC will learn from this and come back stronger.

You must be bad at math or projecting ticket/PPV sales

Guaranteed a rematch garners sick payout.

And it's where he'd make more money than any fight he'd ever take outside of Conor (never happening)
Why would he make more money? His contract is set to a fixed amount so he'll make the same money no matter who he fights.

Called it

279307-9942550.png

Yeah Choi was a bit delusional but I forgive him because that was one hell of a fight. Maybe one of the best JUST BLEED fights ever.

It was one of the best fights of the year against a highly skilled and ranked opponent. He wan't exposed or anything and I don't think any less of him. This is far from 'shutting down' and I don't recall him being much of a hypetrain (though I might have missed). Ronda or Mike Perry, that is a proper hypetrain shutdown.
lol anytime a Korean fighter joins the UFC roster there's a hype train brewing on sherdog. I really, really don't get the fascination with Korean fighters on here.

Lol this guy was underrating Cub so hard and was full of himself. Got owned.

Do Ho Choi, Oct 31:

"Considering his position, he should feel less comfortable about this matchup, because it's me of all fighters.

This fight against me will irritate him a lot. Now he has to fight with [low-rank] fighters, and he unfortunately picked the most difficult opponent he could in this group.
He had a three-fight winning streak of knockouts in 2012. Since then, you can see in his recent fights that he no longer has that killer instinct.
Against Hacran Dias and Tatsuya Kawajiri, he only managed to win by close decisions. If it were me, I would have knocked them out.
If he watches my recent fights, he would notice who the real 'killer' here is. I would say Swanson is more of a 'veteran' than a 'killer' these days.
Just like he said, I also expect him to be aggressive and try and finish the fight. He's more than welcome to try do that. My aim always is to finish my opponent, and I will enjoy going head-to-head. Let's see who is going to be the last man standing in the Octagon.
"

http://www.flocombat.com/article/47878-doo-ho-choi-cub-swanson-no-longer-a-killer#.WHZRqcPhCJd
What did he say that was wrong?

Last edited:
A part of it is over, when an opportunity like that passes part of Choi has to know he messed up big time
The epicness of the fight makes up for the setback of the loss. He has significantly more fan support now.

In all honesty it doesnt sound all that delusional, it was a great fight and he will get better.

lol glad Cub shut that hype train down.
Dude showed he was tough as shit, could take a ton of punishment and keep fighting. He rocked Cub a few times in that fight while being on the ropes. Not sure you can say the hype train is shut down.

Back