Television Double language shows.

T-800
@purple
Reaction score
There seems to be a new trend with shows like '3 body problem' and 'Shogun' going back and forth between English and another language showing subtitles.

I don't want to look down and read subtitles while watching a show. Especially when they're unexpected.

Does this annoy anyone else? If you're going to make a show make it one language or another IMO.

Most Spanish shows , with hot chicks , go back and forth with English

risa-penelope-menchaca.gif

Back in the old Southwest wrestling territory outta San Antone, they would broadcast in Spanish and English at the same time!
There would be two announcers talking simultaneously in two different languages for the English and Spanish speaking fans at home, that took some getting used to lol

Back in the old Southwest wrestling territory outta San Antone, they would broadcast in Spanish and English at the same time!
There would be two announcers talking simultaneously in two different languages for the English and Spanish speaking fans at home, that took some getting used to lol

I heard about those! They say that's how dyslexia was born.

It annoyed me too TS. I almost didn't watch it because the trailer showed the chinese scenes and i assumed it was in chinese with english subtitles. It wasn't till a week or so later they revised the trailer to show some english speaking scenes.

That said, does anyone know if its possible to filter non english speaking movies and shows so they don't show up?

Reactions: 666
I prefer that they use the language of origin honestly. I can understand if they don't if it's an ancient or older version of a language where the actor wouldn't know it at all. Chernobyl I couldn't even get 30 minutes in with the goofy ass Irish and Scottish accents and I'm supposed to believe this is in Ukraine. Shows like Narcos made good use of going back and forth between English and Spanish but that made sense for the story.

There seems to be a new trend with shows like '3 body problem' and 'Shogun' going back and forth between English and another language showing subtitles.

I don't want to look down and read subtitles while watching a show. Especially when they're unexpected.

Does this annoy anyone else? If you're going to make a show make it one language or another IMO.
No i like it. More immersive. For some reason i have an issue with murrkan English in what is supposed to be a non Murrkan context.

Or the absolute worst i have seen was Al Pacino and Lady Gaga speaking with a fake Italian accent in that Gucci movie.

I prefer that they use the language of origin honestly. I can understand if they don't if it's an ancient or older version of a language where the actor wouldn't know it at all. Chernobyl I couldn't even get 30 minutes in with the goofy ass Irish and Scottish accents and I'm supposed to believe this is in Ukraine. Shows like Narcos made good use of going back and forth between English and Spanish but that made sense for the story.

Yeah, I managed to get over it and enjoyed chernobyl, but that was absurd. The first few episodes I just couldn't get over it.

"oy, Dimitry, come 'ave a fookin gander at wot that daft prick Yuri has done, mate."

Thead jack you can understand that language
No i'm not even trying.. Belly button piercing, fake eyelashes, zygotes, tits and spray tan. Ugh you can literally see see the implants in her tits.

Mods I got a card for less than this guy he's scarred me for life.

No i'm not even trying.. Belly button piercing, fake eyelashes, zygotes, tits and spray tan. Ugh you can literally see see the implants in her tits.

Mods I got a card for less than this guy he's scarred me for life.
Too late I already fapped to her

• Eek
Reactions: 666
Back