Double Standard ?

Imagine Jon Jones was eye poking Aspinall like Max was Gaethje? There would be a front page full of eye poke threads
If you can’t understand why people get more pissed off at jones for cheating than they do max idk what to tell you.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that cheating is Jon’s entire reputation in this sport.

You mean Weidman. Max eyepoked him twice and it clearly effected him, yet when Weidman did it despite dominating the fight he got shit on.

People just are biased against Chris and still salty he humiliated Anderson

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that cheating is Jon’s entire reputation in this sport.
lmao that his "entire reputation in this sport" has nothing at all to do with being the greatest - clearly - to ever do this shit.

lmao that his "entire reputation in this sport" has nothing at all to do with being the greatest - clearly - to ever do this shit.
Pretty sure steroids, eyepokes and fighting smaller old guys have a lot to do with him being the “gReAtEst”. Dude always has a unfair advantage over his opponents

i mean he has no history of it. even if the ref took a point and max didn't get that finish he'd still win the fight.

i dont think those eye pokes affected justin that bad. he came back and won the 4th. it was the broken nose that was his downfall. even max said it in the presser, most guys who break their nose early can't last 25 minutes.

Always happens here. Max saved face with that amazing finish, but if he cruised to decision then everyone would be posting threads about it. I find it funny how you can get 2 in a row and still get only a warning.
Correct. It is really the ref's fault. If they consistently took points like they are SUPPOSED to, the eye pokes would stop instantly.

But as it is, guys are actively rewarded for eye poking. Look at Weidman.

A massive percentage of pro athletes in general, let alone in MMA roid it up... fact.

When you lock two men in a cage to see who the real alpha is, Jones has been and will be the favorite til something dramatically changes. His annihilation of Gane answered many questions and solidified what most unbiased watchers have known for years.

Correct. It is really the ref's fault. If they consistently took points like they are SUPPOSED to, the eye pokes would stop instantly.

But as it is, guys are actively rewarded for eye poking. Look at Weidman.
I honestly don't blame fighters right now. Part of the new meta is eye pokes or groin shots until refs stop giving so many freebies. Even the casuals with me knew you don't naturally punch like that. But right now fouls are free 1 or 2 times within the rules basically is an unwritten rule.

Back