Media Doumbe walked out with a bed for his opponent and slept him in 9 seconds

Did the UFC make a mistake by not resigning Doumbé?

• Total voters
It's the pfl. I don't want to say noob but fukkk what a noob thread. You think the UFC could give a shit about him? Yes Ced is an amazing talent. Was on the jre.
Kiddo the UFC doesn't care. Fans miss out they don't give a care lol. Stop watching the UFC and you show them you're taking a stand and see how that goes.

Maybe it dis not make any noise in the US, but in France this event was way more popular than the last UFC Paris in term of engagement, everyone literaly everyone was talking about it, Cedric is a biggest star than Gane.

Luke's needs to take a vacay again. He's gained so much weight and it's all salt. He a grumpy guy, but I don't wish bad for him. Hopefully those around him get him help

I see why I have TS on ignore. I'm psyched about Cedric, but lets try to be less over the top

I like how he came with a mattress saying he's gonna put him to sleep, then in the cage right before the referee asks to touch gloves he screams his name and the crowd went "T'ES MORT", meaning "YOU'RE DEAD" several times, to him just flat lining him in 9 seconds. That was something special.

Last edited:
It's the pfl. I don't want to say noob but fukkk what a noob thread. You think the UFC could give a shit about him? Yes Ced is an amazing talent. Was on the jre.
Kiddo the UFC doesn't care. Fans miss out they don't give a care lol. Stop watching the UFC and you show them you're taking a stand and see how that goes.
He was signed to the UFC for a bit. He had issues getting a fight settled because of France's sanctioning body, but they released him without a fight.

I like how he came with a mattress saying he's gonna put him to sleep, then in the cage right before the referee asks to touch gloves he screams his name and the crowd went "T'ES MORT", meaning "YOU'RE DEAD" several times, to him just flat lining him in 9 seconds. That was something special.

The crowdpop surrounding Doumbé was insanee

Doumbe would have never made it in the UFC, nearly every fighter can wrestle a bit at WW and down, so he would have eventually been exposed regardless if he was matched softly.

I am sure knocking your opponent out in ten seconds, in front of an adoring crowd, is better than getting wrestled at the apex for 12/12.

It definitely worked out best for him.

Do you really think he has not spent the last few years working on his wrestling?

Cedric is not stupid, he would not go into MMA with zero grappling, just like a grappler would be silly going in the cage with zero striking, in a sport where you start standing on your feet.

I know who he is. Wake me up when he’s done crushing cans in the minor leagues

You don't get it. Doumbe is literally an MMA superstar in France. He's not in the UFC and yet some people who don't know shit about MMA, don't know who Cyril Gane is, and never watched it, will tune up for a Doumbe fight.

literally any event he's put in will sell in 5 seconds. The UFC would have made him the next McGregor if they took him. but they fumbled the bag big time

You don't get it. Doumbe is literally an MMA superstar in France. He's not in the UFC and yet some people who don't know shit about MMA, don't know who Cyril Gane is, and never watched it, will tune up for a Doumbe fight.

literally any event he's put in will sell in 5 seconds. The UFC would have made him the next McGregor if they took him. but they fumbled the bag big time
Yes, Doumbe is an MMA superstar and sells out events in 5 seconds. The UFC must be fuming.IMG_6952.gif

I like the fact that there are interesting fighters outside of ufc:)

Let the man build his own hype. Ufc will come if its meant to be.

Do you really think he has not spent the last few years working on his wrestling?

Cedric is not stupid, he would not go into MMA with zero grappling, just like a grappler would be silly going in the cage with zero striking, in a sport where you start standing on your feet.
He has been training grappling for 5 years, and from what I've seen, he is far from clueless on the ground.
Obviously he is not going to grapple offensively when he is the most lethal puncher in his weigh class.

Having serviceable takedown defense in the same division as Colby, Usman, Khamzat, Shavkat, as well as countless other wrestlers isn't enough.

Converted kickboxers unfortunately do not work in talent rich divisions like WW.

Yes, Doumbe is an MMA superstar and sells out events in 5 seconds. The UFC must be fuming.View attachment 1004454

if they're not they should be cause they clearly fumbled the bag big time. The return on investment would have been huge on that guy.

A natural showman and trash talker who has dynamite in his hands and backs up his crazy trash talk with insane finishes.

I know you feel clever with your comment but clearly you're not seeing what it's about here

It was a good finish against someone who's not UFC standard. I'm disappointed he signed with PFL (not as annoyed as I was with Abdoul) but it is what it is. PFL will no doubt fuck it up

Back