Drain Bamage talks tech

Get the drivers from the manufacturers website to make sure you get the most modern drivers.
Install the ME driver asap

You really shouldn't try flashing your bios unless something isn't working right

Doing some monitor shopping and I see everything comes.with these gaming modes with built in crosshairs etc.. "choose the crosshair that works best for you" does anybody actually use these? do they help?

with these gaming modes with built in crosshairs etc.. "choose the crosshair that works best for you" does anybody actually use these? do they help?

Certain FPS games dont let you customize your crosshair or give access to a crosshair. Overall its a pointless feature for competitive FPS's. For when the developer doesnt give a crosshair for specific weapon states its for balancing. So even if your monitor gave access to one. The weapon is inaccurate when fired like that.

Looking for a sure fire way to get rid of dropouts/interference 100%. Right now I've got it like 98% but there's still every once in awhile (like just now) when it drops out during a pivotal moment and costs me a game.

I'm using this:

682kky3.jpg

Thanks

I use a Logitech G700s mouse, can be used wired or wireless. Use a wireless keyboard, but I don't game with the keyboard (I still use it for some things like typed communication), I have something else setup as my movement option to go along with the mouse. I have the Logitech K350 wireless keyboard, works fine for me.

Has anybody else been shopping for a monitor lately and notice that stock on most good brands is low as fuck on Amazon? And if they are in the price is like 10-20% higher than it was a few months ago?

The monitor I had on my wishlist has been out of stock forever and I keep finding backup ones, and then a day later they'll be out of stock too.

Is there some kind of monitor production shortage in China going on?

A bunch of computer parts are in short supply.
There's a couple of factors. A bunch of factories shut down due to Covid. China's postal service also took a big hit and they're dealing with super slow shipping from province to province.

also, i suspect demand was pretty high with people stuck at home.

Yeah it took like a month for a headset that I ordered just to ship.

The monitor I'm going to get is still the same price as it was before everything happened, $300-

• Product Type: Gaming LCD Monitor
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:9
  • Screen Mode: WQHD
  • Maximum Resolution: 2560 x 1440
  • Viewable Screen Size: 27"
  • TAA Compliant: No
https://www.provantage.com/viewsonic-vx2758-2kp-mhd~7OPTL0C9.htm

I'm still waiting to get the PC I was looking forward to aswell, so after everything I just decided to check in fear of what it would be now. Surprisingly it has gone down 200 dollars.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - 1TB SSD

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...tx-2070-super-1tb-ssd/6400450.p?skuId=6400450

But now that I've made this post, I'm afraid the price will skyrocket. :eek:

My company just gave everyone $150 towards office equipment for our home setups, I'm sure lots of people have been adapting to working at home and buying up new monitors.

Theres a few extensions you can get that will refresh pages for you and alert when something is in stock. Unfortunately I can't recommend any, sorry! Reddit has a good page "buildapcsales" that will post restocks considering the times right now, nothing is on sale and the fact it's in stock is a deal in itself.

Asus VG278Q is what im looking for. It's literally out of stock everywhere.

Why am I being treated badly on this sub?

I never made a thread called "Drain Bamage asks bizarre hardware questions" and to be honest there is nothing bizzarre about the questions I am asking. They all make sense as questions. And several other users confirmed there is a shortage of monitors on Amazon. But now the thread isnt even findable because its hidden under some stupid title that I never gave it.

Who is responsible for this? @Madmick @TeTe @Kaybee

I never made a thread called "Drain Bamage asks bizarre hardware questions" and to be honest there is nothing bizzarre about the questions I am asking. They all make sense as questions. And several other users confirmed there is a shortage of monitors on Amazon. But now the thread isnt even findable because its hidden under some stupid title that I never gave it.

I'm responsible for it. My intent was humorous, not to scold. Your most recent question isn't bizarre, but some of the others were (there are six threads merged here). For example, you randomly asked if the forum wanted to format PCs with you. I was condensing your random questions about hardware because for whatever reason you didn't post them in the Gaming Hardware megathread or the PC Build megathread.

I left a permanent redirect from your most recent thread. If you'd like me to change the title I'd be more than happy to do so.

5e589e06d0be3a6e5cd74be3c04025cf.gif

Back