Media Dricus: I think Jiri should go down to MW. I saw his weight in the PI and he walks around lighter than I do

Idk why you would think that he is lying amidst a lowkey friendly discussion without any incentive to do so whatsoever.

On the main page there's an article that quotes that Jiri's usual cut to LHW lies within 10-12 pounds.
So his walkaround would be 215-217 lbs.
The bigger MWs like Costa and Vettori have been documented to weigh between 210-215 on fight night. And they most certainly aren't able to regain the whole weight cut in what is 36 hours at max.

Not unthinkable that Dricus walks around heavier than 217lbs when he's not in fight camp. Costa and Vettori almost certainly do.
Not unthinkable that Jiri would be able to cut to MW, since Costa and Vettori are able to do so and almost certainly walk around heavier than him.
If Jiri is walking around at 215lbs then he for sure can make MW, Adesanya currently walks around at 215lbs and he's made MW fairly easy.

If Jiri is walking around at 215lbs then he for sure can make MW, Adesanya currently walks around at 215lbs and he's made MW fairly easy.
Jiri at 225, Izzy at 215 tbh.

When fighters said they always cut just 10-15 lbs they are twisting the number, it makes their Ws look more impressive given they've fought at their natural normal walk-around weight and also helps a lot as a coping method incase they took an L in a devastating fashion (the giants I fought weighed 20-25 lbs more than me while I came in just 10-15 lbs above the scale cliché).

Reactions: Kb7
Just a thought, but it might have something to do with not being diminished and cutting all the weight making 170. Burns is a decent sized WW, and Khamzat chose not to use wresting.

Would love to see him fight Jiri.

They never said about Rumble that he was a blown up MW.

Also, Hooker is blown up LW because he had a FW fight.

Jiri at 225, Izzy at 215 tbh.

When fighters said they always cut just 10-15 lbs they are twisting the number, it makes their Ws look more impressive given they've fought at their natural normal walk-around weight and also helps a lot as a coping method incase they took an L in a devastating fashion (the giants I fought weighed 20-25 lbs more than me while I came in just 10-15 lbs above the scale cliché).
True, you see it all the time. People on here were claiming Makhachev is 200lbs Ffs. I've given up on caring about weight cuts and how much fighter weighs at this point, if the fighter can make the weight, then to me there's no problem.

In Jiri's case even he can make MW, I don't think he should, he's done fairly well already at 205lbs and given them current state of LHW it's better he stays imo.

Sean Strickland must be one of the smallest MWs in the division if that’s the case

Excuse me bozo but Yushin Okami was never a big MW:

- Fought the way bigger Rich Franklin in '07 as a lanky 6'2" who barely cut weight for 185:

full

- Weighted-in at soft 200lbs with clothes on for a week-notice bout vs OSP at LHW

- Fought at WW dozen times in his late 30s never missing weight, including vs Dhiego Lima in UFC:

full

A below average sized MW by today standards.
A tiny MW by Poatan's standards.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/J...ter-Reclaiming-Light-Heavyweight-Title-193432

Great. Not sure why both Jiri as well as Dricus, who has seen him and his weight in person, don't seem to get what the thing is here, but since they both believe MW would be possible for Jiri, I'm inclined to do so as well.

I dont deny is possible for Jiri to make MW. Rumble Johnson used to make WW.
I was replying to this:

Not unthinkable that Jiri would be able to cut to MW, since Costa and Vettori are able to do so and almost certainly walk around heavier than him.

Jiri is not smaller than Costa/Dricus because he walks around lighter than them.
It's that they are more muscled up, therefore can cut weight easier and perform at the highest level.
It's yet to see how Jiri performs after a 25+lbs weightcut being already lean.

Jiri is a HUGE SHW just like Okami is a HUGE MW
I always seen Jiri as one of the biggest LHW's

Did you always see Okami as a huge MW as well?

It happens to many sherbros when they see a thin, slender bodytype. They overstate their size to crazy levels, like they fail to understand that we live in three dimensions, not two.

Jiri is not smaller than Costa/Dricus because he walks around lighter than them.
It's that they are more muscled up, therefore can cut weight easier and perform at the highest level.
It's yet to see how Jiri performs after a 25+lbs weightcut being already lean.
I guess anything can be turned into an argument if one party decides to just disagree for the sake of it.
I literally used the word heavier. This refers to nothing but weight.
You don't deny that it's possible for him to make MW. What are even you disagreeing with then? My line of argument!?
Other MWs being heavier than him is just an indication. And that's exactly how I phrased it.

What's your angle here mate?

I guess anything can be turned into an argument if one party decides to just disagree for the sake of it.
You don't deny that it's possible for him to make MW. What are even you disagreeing with then? My line of argument!?
Other MWs being heavier than him is just an indication. And that's exactly how I phrased it.

His angle is 34 %

It would be interesting to see what would happen if big weight cuts were abolished and everyone was forced to fight in their natural division. 185-HW would probably be stacked.

You are right man
There is nothing to disagree on with what you said

Yushin Thunder Okami was never a big MW though. Not even for the standards of his time, let alone today

His angle is 34 %

DDP being heavier doesn't necessarily mean he's bigger. If you spend hours doing CrossFit and weightlifting exercises and drinking whey shakes, is just a approach to training and diet. Jiri appears way leaner now compared to his previous fights; he looked more muscular back then, suggesting he may have adjusted his diet or training methods over time.

my gay warlord will defend against anybody WAR DRICUS!

Back