Media Dustin Fires Back At Islam "I've Done MORE For MMA Than He Has, Ready For Him UFC 302" - UPDATE: Islam Brutally Responds

Poirior doesn't deserve another title shot, and this is exactly why Gaethje fighting Holloway makes no sense at all. Gaethje earned that title shot, but now the UFC is wasting him with this BMF belt crap. It makes way more sense for Poirior to fight Holloway, and have Gaethje fight Makhachev for the belt. I don't know what the UFC was thinking on that one.

this is fake. DP only wears hawaiian shirts. That is an imposter

OMG DUSTIN IGETS SMASHED IF THIS FIGHT HAPPENS. Please don't allow it

Is everyone still against this fight?
I can't be the only one okay with giving Dustin one final crack at the belt.

Nah, to be honest, I was never really against it.

I think Islam needs to beat guys like Dustin and Justin, preferably back-to-back, and Charles again afterwards if he's still hovering around.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and the logjam at the top of 155 seems to have been going on forever, but then they put the top 4 against an up-and-comer and they tend to beat them - it is what it is.

If the schedule lines up, why not?

Better than sitting out because everyone else in the top 5 is recovering.

He doesn't deserve it at all, but better than no title fight.

There are a bunch of titles that need defending. They can afford to wait a couple months to book Islam.

WAR DUSTIN.

Living legend, all round good guy.

(Yes, give him that title shot. Then another if he wants it ;) )
I agree I’ve come around on Dustin.

At first I thought him and gaethje had cringey good guy shticks but Dustin is cool. Stands in the pocket and shit.

I jsut doubt Dustin has the overall strength to win that one tho.

Sucks, but I get it.

But it should be fun, at least till he gets finished

Islam can only fight who they put in front of him.
Did what I say get lost in translation? You need this explained that they want him on the Abu Dabi card and have had him there the last two years? You understand all of a sudden he wants to be booked this Summer, but was fine sitting out until he could make a case for this undeserved title fight, because all the other contenders happen to be booked? Why wasn't he demanding a title fight early in the year before Ramadan? Come on man.

Islam is a good fighter but damn dude has a mouth that comes off annoying.
Fedor is the way these fighters should act. Gold standard. They want the respect but they don't act in the way that should earn it.

Justin and Charles 100% deserve a shot over Dustin. Arman with a win over Charles 100% deserves a shot before Dustin.

Last edited:
Can't believe Doostin is getting the title shot before Doostin.

Justin, Charles, and Arman gets booked. Dustin gets the shot. Islam wins and doesn't fight again for a year. What a mess.
Well apparently at least according to Islam himself: he beats Dustin in June, turns around for the usual October card in October and fights Charles/Arman or Justin.

At that timeline, i wouldn't mind him at least fighting Dustin just to get a fight in.

Back