Media Dustin Poirier wants to fight Islam Makhachev

Yeah he’s totally earned ANOTHER title shot…

I see a lot of people dismissing his abilities, but IMO and besides the fact that Dariush should have a shot first, Dustin is still amongst the very best of the current LW, with a ton of experience.

Obviously missed his opportunities, against tremendous fighters, and Islam is very probably not an easier fight, but I wouldn't be against him being second-next in line, if he can get a good win next.

No one's against it if Poirier can get a good win....Poirier doesn't want to fight anybody though, he just likes the paydays that come with free title shots.

I don't think DP can physically stop the takedown. His body is a bit shot. What Volk did wasn't just trying to defend the takedown. He fought Islam on every step and refused to play guard. I think Volk is close to solving the puzzle but it might be an off night for Islam since he had a terrible weight cut.
This weight cut excuse is crazy bro. Islam was still considerably bigger than Volk. Sorry, he couldn't be a MW that day as opposed to Volk being a WW <Lmaoo>Just move up if the weight cut is too much. Fight at your natural weight class, WW

If Islam is trying to fight in July then it's not the worst idea but even by then Fiziev may have earned a shot by beating Gaethje. That fight is only 3 weeks away.

Because Beneil deserves it. Even Dustin has said so.

Dariush does deserve it, but he’s not fighting until May. Islam isn’t gonna wait for him until September. So either they run back the Volk fight or do the Poirier fight.

Side not they never should have made Dariush/Oliveira and Dariush should be fighting Islam next.

Well, Volk could be next. Maybe Islam is aware that Volk is going to be fighting Yair next. That's real flimsy reasoning to call duck.
I mean I wasn’t 100% serious. But has Islam been vouching for that rematch? Yair vs ortega makes the most since tbh. They need to run that back

why a midget like volk can stop td than a huge dude like doostin cant?

true question i cant find the answer
Volk really exposed "elite" LWs that day. Fucking shit most of them, can't even compare them to Volk

No one's against it if Poirier can get a good win....Poirier doesn't want to fight anybody though, he just likes the paydays that come with free title shots.
I guess I can understand why he'd do that. But I also get why fans would get annoyed by it.
I'm a simple man, I just want to see Poirier fight. I'm often irritated too by the absence of fairness in matchmaking, but in the end I just like nice fights. It'd be better if Poirier fought a few times for a shot, but if he just gets it, so be it. I guess I've got no time or energy to lose to get angry at the UFC anyway.

This weight cut excuse is crazy bro. Islam was still considerably bigger than Volk. Sorry, he couldn't be a MW that day as opposed to Volk being a WW <Lmaoo>Just move up if the weight cut is too much. Fight at your natural weight class, WW
Its not an excuse really. It's a fact. Fighting in Australia is different from fighting in America and everywhere else. You get 12 hours less than usual to rehydrate and Islam pointing that out immediately in his post-fight interview leads me to believe it affected his performance.

Volk really exposed "elite" LWs that day. Fucking shit most of them, can't even compare them to Volk
"Volk exposing LW"

1465195587.jpg

Anyone other than volk - unless he is going to vacate 145 and make the permanent move to 155.

Dustin
Charles rematch
Beneil

You asked "why not?"

Because there are more deserving fighters that are compelling match ups. I really hate forced hype anyway. Would rather a guy fight for the title because he deserves it.

It's not like Dustin is hyping a fight with Islam either. All he said is, "What's up".
That lone tweet Dustin did was far more promotion than Beneil Dariush did. Let’s be honest.

He should have learned from Tony Ferguson. Don’t settle on contenders if you’re at the door of a title fight:

https://www.mmamania.com/2022/11/1/...rles-oliveira-michael-chandler-dustin-poirier

Anyone other than volk - unless he is going to vacate 145 and make the permanent move to 155.

Dustin
Charles rematch
Beneil
Beneil should be fighting for the title. Even if Charles wins, he needs one more. And Dustin should fight an actual contender, not Gaethje and Chandler

Back