Media Dustin Poirier working the bag

Btw those bags are meant for body straights, uppercuts and hooks, it's a body work bag. It makes you focus on low attacks. Nothing else makes sense when you are in front of them.

Ya I had to add the edit when I realized who he was fighting next.
He might be willing to take a CCC fight too...since he is getting the bag time in.

Nah it's legit. Only other thing he should work on is different timing, speeds, and patterns. Elite level boxers can change all that and adjust it as they hit bags and as they fight. Still Poirer probably still is the best mma boxer currently in UFC.
Elite boxers do constant tempo bag work like this all the time if you knew anything about boxing or have ever been in a ring you would know u can hit the heavy bag 1000 different ways. U can work technique, u can shadow like an opponents hitting back, u can work shoulder condition like he is here. Get over yourself

As a huge boxing fan, Dustin hands looks good... If only he could match his ground skills with them hands....

Elite boxers do constant tempo bag work like this all the time if you knew anything about boxing or have ever been in a ring you would know u can hit the heavy bag 1000 different ways. U can work technique, u can shadow like an opponents hitting back, u can work shoulder condition like he is here. Get over yourself

pipe down white belt

For people in the know whats the purpose of punching / training ike that. I have never seen a boxer / mma fighter unload like that on someone. Is it just for endurance training or what? A 4-5 punch combo is a lot in most fights.

I know they do, that's why I said it's legit. I just stated he could also work on tempo, different patterns and timing. Most high/elite level boxers shuffle through all that with their bag work in the same session. Get over what lol? Did your feelings get hurt LMAO. I gave him props, but yeah he could still use more work to be at the level of high/elite level boxers. That's good for mma/UFC fighters, but not good enough vs high/elite level boxing. So you can get over yourself lol. Let's see if he's willing to challenge high/elite level boxers with his boxing. He beat Conor, he can get those fights and get boxing pay if he wants to. Let's see if he thinks his boxing is good enough for that.

For people in the know whats the purpose of punching / training ike that. I have never seen a boxer / mma fighter unload like that on someone. Is it just for endurance training or what? A 4-5 punch combo is a lot in most fights.
Poirier unloads on people like that all the time, if anyone should be doing that on the bag, it’s Poirier. But to answer your question it’s more of a flow thing, just chaining attacks together and great conditioning work too. He isn’t thinking at all when he’s doing this, and after over a decade of doing this it’s how he can so effortlessly put together beautiful combinations when the time is right.

His boxing coach dyah ali Davis has done tremendous work with him over all these years, especially in regards to his lead hand

People forget, that even without calf kicks or takedowns. Dustin shut down Conor’s primary weapon with boxing head movement, he’d dip and that left hand from Conor would just whiz past his head, since Dustin knew Conor was itching to counter.

200.gif

You must be crazy...
God DAMN that boy can sing....
You must be crazy!

more power in his lead hand than his rear hand.

Cute. Islam will still rag doll him

Back