Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier becomes a Budlight endorser

Except for actually admitting they fucked up.... lol

I don't drink Bud Light anymore, so I was accidently boycotting them already.

Miss their old commercials though.

Anheuser-Busch InBev's U.S. chief marketing officer is leaving the beverage giant following public backlash over a promotion that led to a sharp drop in sales of Bud light, one of the company's most important products.

I'd call that an admission.

Weird because in the Dylan Mulva ey thread all the lefties were saying nothing would come of this.

Almost destroyed a huge brand and forced them to tuck tail and surrender.
Nothing has come from it. They remain one of the top selling beers, and DP is the exact kind of figure to sponsor them as usual. Company gets many different kinds of media personalities to advertise to many different markets. Pretty standard stuff.

The fact you consider them getting the kind of figure they normally would a "surrender" seems to imply you must have disliked a previous figure so much that, to you, it was an attack. Sounds pretty snowflake to me.

It's a business that makes money from marketing. You act like they're surrendering, by if you don't think they'd sponsor another trans person tomorrow if they thought it would open a market, then you're hopelessly naive

I'd call that an admission.

I guess so... he seems to be more of a sacrificial lamb and I don't think most people even knew he was forced out.

Personally, I'm glad to see the company slowly coming back by appealing to its base.

It was a warning that some of these freak shows are a poison pill that can do sicken the company from the inside if left unchecked.

I’m anti-BL because it tastes like dog piss. That said, it’s sad how politics has permeated every aspect of American life, down to the beer we drink.

It's even sadder if anyone actually let it bother them!

It's one thing to have a bit of meme nonsense around Bud Lite, but anyone who actually boycotts based on anything other than wars and atrocities or high level corruption must live a very boring life.

Nothing has come from it. They remain one of the top selling beers, and DP is the exact kind of figure to sponsor them as usual. Company gets many different kinds of media personalities to advertise to many different markets. Pretty standard stuff.

The fact you consider them getting the kind of figure they normally would a "surrender" seems to imply you must have disliked a previous figure so much that, to you, it was an attack. Sounds pretty snowflake to me.

It's a business that makes money from marketing. You act like they're surrendering, by if you don't think they'd sponsor another trans person tomorrow if they thought it would open a market, then you're hopelessly naive

lol... The entire company was drug down by Bud Light flailing (including all its other products).

You think they delivered a entire truckload of BL to Kid Rock for nothing? They were desperate.

They lost more than 30% in sales... which in a market with already low margins, means they took a bloodbath in lost profit and product waste.

Yes, they should rebound eventually, but Bud Light was far away the #1 brand for a couple decades. And it got passed by Coors and Modelo by the end of 2023.

1736.jpeg

They fucked up by letting a dumb know it all woke bitch kid to run the show. They paid dearly......now they do a 180 and get the manliest dudes to advertise. It’s pretty pathetic, but I really don’t know if they will ever recover. I’ll never drink it again...I found stuff I like better on a summers day. I think many feel the same.

lol... The entire company was drug down by Bud Light flailing (including all its other products).

You think they delivered a entire truckload of BL to Kid Rock for nothing? They were desperate.

They lost more than 30% in sales... which in a market with already low margins, means they took a bloodbath in lost profit and product waste.

Yes, they should rebound eventually, but Bud Light was far away the #1 brand for a couple decades. And it got passed by Coors and Modelo by the end of 2023.

1736.jpeg

To be fair AnBev fucked up by buying up Modelo because they were forced to sell out rights for Modelo beers in the America.

Then Constellations bought it up and they have been killing it when it comes to promoting the lesser known Mexican beers.

I mean Budweiser and Corona are ok-ish beers, but Modelo its on another level, it actually has the flavor of beer but without being too heavy as to make it non-drinkable in a summer day.

Hot Sauce BudLight flavor coming soon

Bring Back Modelo I say

And people always ask me why I hate politics.
Its because its all absolutely useless, and its just another thing for people to argue about that'll get nowhere.

Been the same since Roman times sir.

And I don't even drink alcohol lol

I’d say the discourse turned toxic after 2016.

It's even sadder if anyone actually let it bother them!

It's one thing to have a bit of meme nonsense around Bud Lite, but anyone who actually boycotts based on anything other than wars and atrocities or high level corruption must live a very boring life.

We could make a list of the things people get pissed off about, that do not actually affect their lives.

I’d say the discourse turned toxic after 2016.
Id say that's about right sir.
When I was on LiveLeak it went to shit with political trolling and talk.
That was the year the whole world started really talking about American politics like lunatics lol.

I said it as soon as they went back to the UFC that everyone deserves a second chance. Bud Light screwed up with their woke attempt and they know it. Actions speak louder than words and they have been apologizing profusely ever since.

I said it as soon as they went back to the UFC that everyone deserves a second chance. Bud Light screwed up with their woke attempt and they know it. Actions speak louder than words and they have been apologizing profusely ever since.

Right, this is equivalent to the weekly 'UFC IS DYING BRO' threads that people meme in the heavies.

Ultimately, bump in the road was irrelevant and only weirdos cared in the first place lol

Not just that but now you’re a woman that likes dudes. I’m not sure how that maths out on being gay.

Dude, I had thr funniest debate with a guy who was "annoyed at the gays" because his daughter was dating a presurgery guy to girl trans (sorry not sure of the right term).

I asked him how it was gay when he always tells me that there are only two sexes and you can't change that! So his daughter is dating a guy right?

After I could see the pain of thinking on his face he answered with "it's just so gay."

He's Mormon, so I forgive him.his struggles.

This. Still love the dude and hope he made bank
Have you tried his sauce bro? If so, how do you rate it?

Dustin has a heart of gold. Watching him mature as a fighter, man, husband and father has been one of the few constant pleasures the ufc has given me in the last decade.

Love that guy.

Heineken sucks here in Mexico, only good for Micheladas in a restaurant.

But then again, the main issue is that Heineken other portfolio is way superior so i guess is more as "its not as good" thing that makes it taste like shit in my opinion.
NZ made Heineken is the best imo.

The taste varies around the world depending on the local factories water and thier yeast culture and hops.

No.

This depends what country you're in, where the beer is brewed, and if its imported, say, to the US like Heineken is (or at least, was) then you're drinking an inferior product as it travels very poorly.

If you're in Europe, though, I wouldn't wipe my bum with this opinion. Heineken is delicious!

NZ hein > all.
European bud > all as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back