Sono07

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-17-16-46-45.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-17-16-46-45.png
    586.1 KB · Views: 3
I'm on Reyna + all the favorites here. Really hard for me to make a case for the dogs.

I like the over and fgtd line for the dames -185, I also have over 2.5 at -225

And syler/cross over 1.5 -140

Is Kenny cross a live dog against syler who struggled with an inferior fighter in lance Lawrence, came in 7.5 lbs overweight and gassed badly? Syler is at att now and this fight is at 155

also adding syler/cross fdngtd as a pseudo hedge. If syler gasses again cross will put his lights out

also contemplating rose +220, but a little concerned with how easily and frequently she got reversed vs Acevedo. Rose has good sweeps from guard and a decent double leg but she is not very strong or heavy on top

Last edited:
Playing Reyna and the over 1.5 as well

i could barely find tape on louis cosce, anyone else have luck?

i could barely find tape on louis cosce, anyone else have luck?
Just one fight that was over in 10 seconds. If he is anything like his brother, they both crush cans and have power and a wrestling background. His brother fucks around in fights both are cocky.

Is Kenny cross a live dog against syler who struggled with an inferior fighter in lance Lawrence, came in 7.5 lbs overweight and gassed badly? Syler is at att now and this fight is at 155

also adding syler/cross fdngtd as a pseudo hedge. If syler gasses again cross will put his lights out

also contemplating rose +220, but a little concerned with how easily and frequently she got reversed vs Acevedo. Rose has good sweeps from guard and a decent double leg but she is not very strong or heavy on top
I played Cross. Best value on card in my opinion. Big fade on Sylers lack of athleticism, size and cardio

I once again advise people to pass on the women's fight.

Hilarie Rose is dreadful in every aspect of the fight game (and absolutely lost to Rose Acevedo but was gifted with a hometown decision), with awful striking, poor wrestling, and poor BJJ.

She DID show improvement against Kaiyana Rain, a 45 year-old bum with a record of 1-5, fixing at least one major flaw and improving a few others, although they still suck.

Cheyanne Buys is a poor fighter too, but at least has some things going for her. She will absolutely have a striking and wrestling edge, looks far better on the ground, technically as well as physically, and being much quicker to react.

On the flipside, with Rose showing improvement (which, troublingly, Buys has not), and the high-variance nature of DWTNCS and WMMA, I can't justify playing Buys as -245. This isn't Jandiroba or Kunitskaya who has a bullet-proof, can't miss tactic that the opponent simply can't stop.

taking an ultra degenerate gamble on cross. syler is going to get embarrassed the first time he faces someone competent (especially at lightweight), this could be it.

taking an ultra degenerate gamble on cross. syler is going to get embarrassed the first time he faces someone competent (especially at lightweight), this could be it.
Cross reminds me of a more stable mike perry

Is the size difference the only thing pushing the Johnson/Parisan line?

I played Cross. Best value on card in my opinion. Big fade on Sylers lack of athleticism, size and cardio

Cross recently got grapplefucked for half his fight against an okay fighter in Jonas Flok, and was saved from a finish by the bell. Syler might have cardio issues, but he seems like a clear level above

Cross recently got grapplefucked for half his fight against an okay fighter in Jonas Flok, and was saved from a finish by the bell. Syler might have cardio issues, but he seems like a clear level above
Syler is a good grappler and if cross puts himself in those same positions he’s probably getting tapped.

What are you capping syler at?

In his lightweight debut he looked ok, got caught with some clean punches. Looked slow and flat in rd2. Fortunately for him his opponent was completely clueless on the ground

can’t really say syler fixed anything about his game, he just moved up a weight class and figured that will solve his problems.

Is the size difference the only thing pushing the Johnson/Parisan line?
At a glance they’ve both fought cans but parisan has fought the better competition, notably his dwcs fight in 2018, and has had a lot more fights.

I’m currently taping these two. Can’t find a lot so far on Johnson besides him throwing a heavyweight tyree milsapp around like a little child

Parisian looks slow, unathletic and throws a bunch of spinny stuff. Kick heavy. Looks like a good recipe for getting taken down

2 years ago on tuf vs batista he was repeatedly taken down and pounded out in rd 2

Last edited:
Syler is a good grappler and if cross puts himself in those same positions he’s probably getting tapped.

What are you capping syler at?

In his lightweight debut he looked ok, got caught with some clean punches. Looked slow and flat in rd2. Fortunately for him his opponent was completely clueless on the ground

can’t really say syler fixed anything about his game, he just moved up a weight class and figured that will solve his problems.

I thought Syler looked good around -150, glad to see his line getting bet down. Not sure if he'll reach dog odds by tonight though

I thought Syler looked good around -150, glad to see his line getting bet down. Not sure if he'll reach dog odds by tonight though
He opened at +120. I’d imagine he will remain the favorite. Odds are about right right now imo. He’s sitting at -120

For Parisian, there's nothing incredibly impressive about him. He throws a lot of looping stuff in his striking, even with his punches. Seems decently open for counters and takedowns. But he seems to have an ok wrestling game, good durability, and pretty decent cardio for a big HW. Johnson hasn't been out of the 1st round much, and judging by his physique and aggressive style, I wouldn't surprised to see him have cardio issues if Parisian can drag him deep. Tough call there.

Back