DWCS Week 3: Reyna vs Cosce

They're totally skipping over Cross in the recaps. ouch.

I'll take Cheyanne Buys over:

- Nadia Kassem (1st fight for Buys)
- Syuri Kondo (1st fight for Buys)
- Felice Herrig (close fight; I'd pick this as Buys' second UFC fight instead of her debut)
- Livia Souza (Buys' 3rd UFC fight)

-Kassem fights at 125. If Buys gained 10 pounds, then yeah, I would favor her over Kassem and a few others at that weight. (Kish, Dobson, maybe Zombie Girl, etc.) 115 is more talented, though.
-I'm amazed Kondo is still on the roster. I had no idea. In that case, YES, she is the one 115 pounder Buys can beat.
-Herrig sucks, but her overhand right is better than the rest of Buys' garbage striking, and her grappling is better, too. Would put at least 1u on Herrig at evens.
-Souza is a perennial underachiever, but she is so much better than Buys at everything it's laughable. I would put 5u on her at evens against Buys.

Good picks by Dana.

I would've skipped over Josh Parisian, but he won twice on this show, so it's hard not to invite him to the UFC after getting a knockout win.

-Kassem fights at 125. If Buys gained 10 pounds, then yeah, I would favor her over Kassem and a few others at that weight. (Kish, Dobson, maybe Zombie Girl, etc.) 115 is more talented, though.
-I'm amazed Kondo is still on the roster. I had no idea. In that case, YES, she is the one 115 pounder Buys can beat.
-Herrig sucks, but her overhand right is better than the rest of Buys' garbage striking, and her grappling is better, too. Would put at least 1u on Herrig at evens.
-Souza is a perennial underachiever, but she is so much better than Buys at everything it's laughable. I would put 5u on her at evens against Buys.
Lol since we are still doing this.. I think she beats Cifers, Kondo, McKenna, Goldy ( Debu at FLY but usually SW) , Granger of the top of my head

Think orion is fadeable in future. The louis brother might b legit tho. Big big profit tonight. Bet massive amount on Beys, by biggest tuesday night bet thus far. And hit Louis at +158 for a lot

Agree about Souza. Not 5u worth, but agree I'd favor her probably. Not Herrig, not anymore. 1 fight in like 3 years in which she was thrashed (granted by an elite bjj player), we don't even know what she has left anymore. She's like 35 years old isn't she? Give me Buys at evens vs Herrig ALL DAY in 2020.

Lol since we are still doing this.. I think she beats Cifers, Kondo, McKenna, Goldy ( Debu at FLY but usually SW) , Granger of the top of my head

Cifers embarrasses her.

McKenna is pretty close to her now, but has a much higher ceiling, not only because of her age, but because she has better base technique on her grappling and striking alike.

Granger is a horrifically bad match-up for Buys, and embarrasses her, too.

As much as Goldy sucks, I can easily see her dancing around to a point-fighting decision. It's close.

So we're left with...Kondo.

Cifers embarrasses her.

McKenna is pretty close to her now, but has a much higher ceiling, not only because of her age, but because she has better base technique on her grappling and striking alike.

Granger is a horrifically bad match-up for Buys, and embarrasses her, too.

As much as Goldy sucks, I can easily see her dancing around to a point-fighting decision. It's close.

So we're left with...Kondo.
Lol jesus.. like i said agree to disagree on all of those. But hey lets keep an eye out for her first matchup in the UFC, im down for a wager :)

Back