DWTNCS 1: Flores v Jacoby

How much time will I dedicate to degen Tuesday’s this year?

Have to assume someone fighting out of Alaska won't have a good level of competition or training partners?

I don't know any of these guys though. Previous years I at least knew a few fighters per card

Crazy line flip with Jacoby vs. Flores. Jacoby opens as a +240 underdog until settling in as a roughly -300 favorite at present.

Crazy line flip with Jacoby vs. Flores. Jacoby opens as a +240 underdog until settling in as a roughly -300 favorite at present.

I saw the current odds and was thinking Flores might be a good underdog pick, then I watched his last fight and he looked pretty bad, got hit a lot and I didn't like his reaction to taking shots either. Although he toughed it out and wrestled his way to a win, so he does have a path to victory. Don't remember seeing Jacoby fight before, I know he's been kickboxing in Glory though and hasn't fought much MMA recently if he doesn't have good TDD Flores might be worth a play, but I would be pretty nervous about playing him... still might do it though, need to watch some Jacoby tape

Leavitt showcased a very good sub game in the last LFA card I think, I don't remember Flores looking great last time I saw him.

I saw the current odds and was thinking Flores might be a good underdog pick, then I watched his last fight and he looked pretty bad, got hit a lot and I didn't like his reaction to taking shots either. Although he toughed it out and wrestled his way to a win, so he does have a path to victory. Don't remember seeing Jacoby fight before, I know he's been kickboxing in Glory though and hasn't fought much MMA recently if he doesn't have good TDD Flores might be worth a play, but I would be pretty nervous about playing him... still might do it though, need to watch some Jacoby tape

So I started taping Flores with his loss to Neal.

"Welp...it can only get better from here, right?"

When I got to his win over Dowdy nearly 2 years later;

"It HAS to get better from here...right?"

When I got to his penultimate "win" over Bochnovic;

"Uh...I thought Bochnovic won, and also, does Flores ever get significantly better?!"

Look, if there is anything that DWTNCS taught me last year, it's that all kinds of weird shit happens there. Flores fights at a breakneck pace and is a tough guy, the only two nice qualities I can write about him, so maybe he somehow survives the early portion of the fight and then wins after Jacoby gasses out horribly from the clinching and grappling?

But man, that's no fun to bet at only +200, especially since Jacoby has an excellent chance of knocking him out stone-cold unconscious in the first 2 minutes.

Anyways, props to the BetOnline people who got Jacoby at +240 or any plus numbers, really.

Only dog that I like here is Gonzalez. I am tempted by Flores though. I think the rest of the favs get it done.

So I started taping Flores with his loss to Neal.

"Welp...it can only get better from here, right?"

When I got to his win over Dowdy nearly 2 years later;

"It HAS to get better from here...right?"

When I got to his penultimate "win" over Bochnovic;

"Uh...I thought Bochnovic won, and also, does Flores ever get significantly better?!"

Look, if there is anything that DWTNCS taught me last year, it's that all kinds of weird shit happens there. Flores fights at a breakneck pace and is a tough guy, the only two nice qualities I can write about him, so maybe he somehow survives the early portion of the fight and then wins after Jacoby gasses out horribly from the clinching and grappling?

But man, that's no fun to bet at only +200, especially since Jacoby has an excellent chance of knocking him out stone-cold unconscious in the first 2 minutes.

Anyways, props to the BetOnline people who got Jacoby at +240 or any plus numbers, really.

Yeah, no doubt Flores looks pretty AWFUL on the feet, but I think he might still have enough heart and grit to take Jacoby down and wear on him. Jacoby took some time off it looks like and he had a boxing match last year, a kickboxing match and one mma fight at heavyweight against Cody East (wasn't that guy a sex offender or something?) I just don't rate Dustin's TDD very high at all I feel like regardless of who wins, the odds should be closer because if I could fade both of them, I would

Yeah, no doubt Flores looks pretty AWFUL on the feet, but I think he might still have enough heart and grit to take Jacoby down and wear on him. Jacoby took some time off it looks like and he had a boxing match last year, a kickboxing match and one mma fight at heavyweight against Cody East (wasn't that guy a sex offender or something?) I just don't rate Dustin's TDD very high at all I feel like regardless of who wins, the odds should be closer because if I could fade both of them, I would

Dustin doesn't need high-grade takedown defense on account of Flores' wrestling not being good.

I'll give Flores credit; his wrestling was complete dogshit in 2017 (being taken down at will by Jordan Dowdy and also displaying a more pathetic "shot" than kids after two weeks of wrestling practice) and working at Team Elevation, it improved to merely mediocre/average by his last fight in 2019. It was enough to beat 0-1 Jarrod Thomas and 5-4 Erick Murray Jr.

But that's not nearly good enough, especially since his top game is still fairly poor, whether we're talking his GNP or control.

I haven't fully taped Jacoby, but this is a guy who even back in 2013 won a split over Andrew Sanchez, who was/is 10 times the wrestler Flores is.

I'm trying to get a read on Medic/Gonzalez here. Apparently Medic had some kickboxing credentials in Europe, but it's hard for me to tell how high-level they were. His MMA career just consists of beating low level cans in Alaska, which feels like a massive red flag for a favorite. I just don't think that highly of Gonzalez, but he should be a huge step up in competition right?

I'm trying to get a read on Medic/Gonzalez here. Apparently Medic had some kickboxing credentials in Europe, but it's hard for me to tell how high-level they were. His MMA career just consists of beating low level cans in Alaska, which feels like a massive red flag for a favorite. I just don't think that highly of Gonzalez, but he should be a huge step up in competition right?

Yeah, they're both crushing cans, but regular cans > Alaska cans... and those kickboxing matches looked super low level, like happening in an empty gym with less than 500 views on youtube level

Damn, Damonte shaved his head and still missed weight by half a pound.

Ty Flores and Dustin Jacoby -255
ty-flores-dustin-jacoby-dwcs-27-weigh-ins.jpg

Kenneth Cross -245 and Damonte Robinson
kenneth-cross-damonte-robinson-dwcs-27-weigh-ins.jpg

Uros Medic -140 and Mikey Gonzalez
uros-medic-mikey-gonzalez-dwcs-27-weigh-ins.jpg

Luis Rodriguez and Jerome Rivera -250
luis-rodriguez-jerome-rivera-dwcs-27-weigh-ins.jpg

Jordan Leavitt -145 and Luke Flores
jordan-leavitt-luke-flores-dwcs-27-weigh-ins.jpg

Yeah, they're both crushing cans, but regular cans > Alaska cans... and those kickboxing matches looked super low level, like happening in an empty gym with less than 500 views on youtube level

His bio says he's a kickboxing champion of Serbia, k1 medalist and world cup medalist. But like, that can mean so many things. Anything can happen on these cards but fading him seems like the best value we're gonna get.

Jacoby +110 $250

J. Flores +185 $750

Gonzales +139 $800

Wanted muuuuch more on Jacoby but didn't want to smash the line at $250 limits, oh well.

I was just about to ask why you didn't bet way, way more on that Jacoby line, heh.

Seeing Jacoby at +195 at BetOnline was also the first time I really regretted not having an account there.

Anyone know why the Jordan Leavitt vs Jose Flores odds were removed from 5dimes? Is the fight cancelled?

Back