Easiest to make meal that is satisfying

elwani

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes you just want to quickly make something for yourself. You don’t want to go to too much trouble, but you want it to be satisfying enough to your hunger and taste buds, and at least not terrible for your body.

Share your recipes SherChefs...

I feel the ideal such recipe has many of the following characteristics:
  • Not too many ingredients and ingredients are easy to get
  • Ideally they are ingredients that can keep for a long time
  • Not too long to prep and cook (or alternatively you make a lot and can reheat it over several days, so that work is low when amortized over the days)
  • Difficult to mess up the cooking process, you have wide latitude in messing up
  • Tasty
  • Satisfies hunger
  • Not bad for health
  • Does not use any specialized cooking utensils
  • Easy to clean up afterwards (uses the fewest cooking utensils and even eating utensils)

Last edited:
Mexican bowl

Grilled or baked chicken
Lots of Lettuce
Onion
Sour cream, or you can substitute with Greek yogurt and lemon
Shredded cheese
Hot sauce

D1-B69-D24-3-E49-408-D-90-AD-A30-B6-F00-A7-FF.jpg

Sirloin strips and eggs.
Steak/Sirloin
Eggs

Tonight I cut up a chicken breast and sautéed it in some butter with minced garlic, soy sauce, onion powder and ginger powder. With a few minutes left I tossed in some green beans, sesame oil, and a bit of cherry juice. Soup to nuts in 15 minutes and tasted pretty damn good iirc.

When I’m cooking for myself for a week or two
I stock up on chicken breast
Using a griddle on the gas grill I cut up about 6 chicken breast a bunch of squash and add a package of cubed pineapple . Throw it all on the griddle super easy and will feed me lunch and supper for a few days

Here’s mine...

Garlic Shrimp pasta
Boil 1/2lb pasta (linguine/spaghetti)
Mince 3cloves garlic
Mince bunch of fresh parsley
5 minutes before pasta done...
Heat olive oil 2tbsp and butter 2tbsp on medium till butter melted
Put garlic in stir 30 seconds till golden and fragrant
Put pound of peeled shrimp in, stir with some salt and pepper until just lose pink (less than 2 minutes)
Turn off flame, mix in parsley
Pasta should be done now, drain water from pot
Put the butter shrimp parsley mixture in the pot and mix with drained pasta then serve, can also squeeze on some lemon
Takes about 20-30 minutes

Last edited:
When I’m cooking for myself for a week or two
I stock up on chicken breast
Using a griddle on the gas grill I cut up about 6 chicken breast a bunch of squash and add a package of cubed pineapple . Throw it all on the griddle super easy and will feed me lunch and supper for a few days

What spices or ingredients do you add?

Fried rice
Don’t you think fried rice is actually hard though? You have to boil the rice first, then you gotta dice a bunch of stuff, all of which you have to acquire a minuscule amount of and wash beforehand. I mean I wish it was easy.

I thought this was about the easiest to make great food and I was torn between nominating steak or fried chicken.

Chili
Pound of ground turkey
Can of tomatoes
Can of black beans
Can of pinto beans
Half bag frozen bell peppers and onions
Chili powder cumin salt hot sauce

it’s bomb, healthy and beginning to end 20Mins with one dish and one wooden spoon
Thats a winner, anything done in 1 pot that you eat for a couple days is amazing

Back