• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eating 6x a day myth?

chadbbad

White Belt
Reaction score
Is it a myth that it increases thermodynamics ,helps weight loss And prevents starvation mode
I say no on icreasing thermo
No to starvation mode theory
Sometimes for weightloss

Let's say parastalsis from eating 1 apple requires 60 cal
2 apples= 120 cal regardless if they were ate together or 3 hrs apart.

It may prevent overeating but I would rather be full 1 time a day

Our one purpose for fat is for energy why would we conserve it and use muscle when it's available.

That eating constantly will raise your metabolism is true: but again, just like

No, now you're just supposed to eat once a day, haven't you heard?

++ metabolism and also less risk of pigging out on possibly unhealthy foods when hungry.
just frequently eat healthy food and avoid the perhaps irresistible pangs when youre hungry and in proximity to a bag of chips.

thats what I was told neways

From what I understand when they studied this the groups that ate 6 times a day did have higher metabolisms. However this is misleading as the control (the group eating 3 meals a day) were just average americans eating refined high carb shite. The only people who eat 6 times a day are athletes and bodybuilders. So they are eating healthier food choices and exercising more. All of which may be responsible for the higher metabolism.

I guess for there to be a definitive anwser there would need to be data collected from groups of atheletes one of which was assigned the three big meals while the other group get the 6 smaller meals. But with the nutritional content and macronutrient ratios the same.

Everything I've seen recently seems to be saying it doesn't matter that much and it is indeed a myth. Especially with the sucess so many have seen with fasting.

Just make sure you eat after you workout.

One of the big champions of grazing,, Jon Berardi, recently tried intermittent fasting and he has eased up on the necessity of having six meals per day.

Lyle McDonald has research that demonstrated the same thing - eating six times per day doesn't help you lose weight nor is it necessary in any way.

Eating less & often will help keeping your glycemic load in check.

Back