Television ECHO (Official Trailer, post #52; Premieres Jan. 10)

When they immediately teased naked buns, naked boobs, I was almost shocked. Hopefully the making of special will be good.

Good seeing DD and not just split second cameo.

Only watched first two episodes. Echo seems like a selfish biotch endangering her homies.

Watched the first episode. It was good enough to get me back. A lot of flashbacks mixed in with scenes from Hawkeye. The now infamous fight scene with Daredevil is in there, and I still don't hate it.
Curious if all the flashback cast were same as in Hawkeye.

Aside from DD receiving hits, the fight scene had him looking very sharp. I only watched it once though.

Curious if all the flashback cast were same as in Hawkeye.

Aside from DD receiving hits, the fight scene had him looking very sharp. I only watched it once though.

As far as I remember, yes. New scenes of her youth and relationship with Fisk that involved characters from Hawkeye had the same actors. I didn't check the IMDB or anything, though so I may be wrong.

The pacing is all over the place. Kicks into high gear whenever Fisk is onscreen. Slows to a crawl when it's just Maya and her family.

It's still orders of magnitude better than She Hulk, of course, but that's the lowest of bars to pass.

I may watch this sometime in the future.

But it did make me want to watch the Daredevil series again, so I ordered it. $50 for all 3 seasons on BluRay.

Yeah I could pirate it, but I appreciate physical media for quality shows.

Watched the 1st episode and I can't say that I liked it, pacing is off, those flashbacks seemed so rushed and lead actress doesn't have any charisma. Should I watch Hawkeye first just to get better grasp of Echo?

This show is hard to watch while I work, so many subtitles for her. Then if they're gonna rely so heavily on subtitles I wish they would just do subtitles for all signing instead of having other people speak slowly as they sign when there's no one else there that they're talking too. If they're talking to someone else and signing as they talk so she can keep up fine, but there's been multiple scenes in just the first episode where it's just her and one other person and they're still "talking... out.. loud.... for. the... benefit.. of.... no one."

Watched the 1st episode and I can't say that I liked it, pacing is off, those flashbacks seemed so rushed and lead actress doesn't have any charisma. Should I watch Hawkeye first just to get better grasp of Echo?
I don't recall there being much exposition about her in that show beyond what you got in the first episode of this

So a female deaf taskmaster?
My first thought as well.

And if you're going to copy someone's powers, it shouldn't be taskmaster. I've seen discussions where people provide pretty compelling evidence that taskmaster is very overpowered and should be able to murk any street level hero.

Not that this is a ringing endorsement but this is one of if not the best of the Marvel series on Disney.. not as good as DD or JJ though.

Are they doing this week by week again?

Episode 3 was a significant drop. But Graham Greene is charismatic as hell in his role. He makes the scenes in her town tolerable.

And damn, Fisk just beating the fuck out of ice cream dude was 100% return to form of the Netflix version. His ability to just absolutely channel the uncontrollable rage that lurks below the surface of Kingpin and show the snap is what make D’Onforio so perfect.

Last edited:
Back