Eduard Irimia: “In summer 2021, I start a mega-project of great impact in the world”

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
w3EhsNG.jpg

BUCHAREST, ROMANIA
FEBRUARY 4, 2021

"I took a two-year break because I was caught up in several projects, even in Hollywood, but that's it. I'm tired and I will leave in the summer of 2021 in search of new talent for kickboxing. I will look for SUPERKOMBAT again worthy fighters to fight in the heavyweight division and I also already have contacts. I will start a mega-project, one that will surely be one of great impact in Europe and in the world.

If in the past a security guard from the Netherlands told me that he did not want to come and fight me in SUPERKOMBAT that it is better for him to stay and earn as a security guard in the nightclubs in the Netherlands 10,000 euros per month, than to be punched in head into fight, now things have changed. Such people want to return to the sports field. I was contacted by different individuals.

In the summer I will start this project for SUPERKOMBAT and I will get in touch with Russian billionaires and various sheikhs from the Arab Countries or people with a lot of money from New Zealand, USA, Japan and so on. I will try to gather heavyweights in a reality show and I will propose them to fight among themselves for an extremely important prize. I'll be looking for heavyweight faces in kickboxing again. I hope that Daniel Ghiță, Cătălin Zmărăndescu and Ionuț Iftimoaie will join me in this project.

Even if they are no longer active fighters, they still have a good image in kickboxing and in combat sports and can help me in my project. Everything will happen this summer. I am convinced that I will have a fabulous project because the fans miss the real fights and they miss such heavyweights. I consider that I have a flair for the discovery of fighters, because I have done it successfully in the past ", concluded former SUPERKOMBAT Fighting Championship CEO Eduard Irimia.

PROSPORT

Last edited:
eduard-irimia-kickboxing.jpg

"It is clear that I am tired and I am sure that viewers around the world are tired. I have nothing to do with Glory, I really respect this rival promotion, but the board there has big problems in the heavyweight division. They are no longer stars, they are no longer real fighters in the heavyweight division.

Rico doesn't have a caliber opponent in Glory at the moment, and the three people I consider with good chances to beat Verhoeven now have some problems. Badr Hari doesn't seem to be recovering, Ben Saddik is injured and Benny is one of Rico's good friends and his training partner. That tournament on Saturday night in Glory was not a valuable one. The event itself was quite good, but the heavyweight show was very weak.

Well, I launched Rico Verhoeven in a SUPERKOMBAT event at Oradea 10 years ago in a match with whom do you think? With Hesdy Gerges. Well, do you think Gerges now is the one 10 years ago? No way! At this time he participates Glory only for filling. But ready, I'm really determined to come back strong with SUPERKOMBAT because I'm tired of what's happening now in kickboxing, and if I don't bring out big fighters then who? ”, Irimia said.

PROSPORT

Last edited:
Wish him luck, but I'll believe it when I see it. "something big is coming" -part 2.

JWKNmGV.png

That's been their homepage for how many years now?

Wish him luck, but I'll believe it when I see it. "something big is coming" -part 2.

JWKNmGV.png

That's been their homepage for how many years now?
Well, he got into the film industry, made some money, normally now he should be more powerful. There are rumors Irimia will sign a new deal with Eurosport.

It would be epic to see kickboxing back on Eurosport. It is what Europe needs. The heavyweight division also needs a refresh since if nothing changes, we will have "the fall of the HW" in some years. What"s coming from behind? Nothing valid, not even Levi Rigters at first sights. All the others are in their 30s already.

I personally wouldn"t have followed the sport without the Heavyweights. If it is based only on midgets in the future, kickboxing will turn into a sport only for hardcore fans.

I wish him well, however I am not sure that I would be interested in a reality show. It has been done in MMA already by Dana White. I have seen one episode and changed to other channels. I am not interested in dramatisation of the life of the fighters, false tension moments, false drama etc. There are other shows for that: Kardashians, Survivor etc.

Where are all these Blockbuster films at?
The Asset with Samuel L. Jackson, which had a 35-million budget was shot in Romania, 10 out of 12 weeks. Florian Munteanu, from the Superkombat Academy, was Son Of Drago in Creed II.

Last edited:
Well, it is not enough? Producer of 3 movies for the start, associated probably in many others. He is also writing stories. It is enough to make some millions. Dream Makers is with the widow of Joseph Seroussi as partner. Though not sure how accurate is IMDB.

Important is to earn money and not to lose.

Do you know how many directors want to get into Hollywood? And people with best film schools in the US and the world after all.

Making millions from unreleased films?

Sorry, your guy is NOT part of Hollywood. That's why he's going back to Kickboxing.

The thread was not about blockbusters or who is successful in the film industry, read again! The topic is about returning to kickboxing, indeed. And your opinion may be subjective anyway.

I answered you nicely, even though the last post is not a "contribution" compared to my translated articles.

Back