Effects of AI on job market

I was walking past the train station. Place was empty and went in to ask questions about the Amtrak train. The old dude had a serious attitude problem and acting like a diva. I get if he was busy but just sitting there with nothing to do and every question I asked, his response:

"You CAN look at the App!"

" Just download the App, it has ALL the information on it!"

Dude is sitting there in a comfy ass chair and collecting money doing fuck all and kind of makes a scene and as I am walking away, a calm coworker of his asks him what happened and this dude is venting because god forbids, he has to do his job. It makes sense why employers go for A.I or migrant workers. I would not want to hire a lazy ass, rude dipshit who collects money to not do his job properly. With technology, I can ask A.I, it can handle the booking time and payment and reminder of travel date. I will just show up.

This is going to the be the future, You either have to be very skilled chef or hair stylist or robotics expert or other skilled laborer. Most white collar jobs will be replaced or significantly reduced. At lot of ecommerce site, AI does the chatting. They are still not very good but they are going to get there. In the future, A.I customer service will be able to pull your files, look at the balance and if there is an error, it can self correct.

Still I am old school and most of us would prefer REAL humans and so you will always a market for human customer service and a human being on standby just in case. But for sure when it comes to food, personal grooming or health care, people still want some human aspects.

Also, you remember when chat bots were supposed to kill customer service jobs like ten years ago? Lol, never happened because people fucking hate chat bots and pick up the phone anyway.

Chat bots cant fuck with humans. I just made a post about how they will replace most jobs but the thing is, no matter how good A.I is, in customer service situation, you need a human being for assurance reason. You feel much better knowing that there is an actual person handling your case.

With my ecommerce business, I refunded a customer 300 dollars months ago and then that amount was up again and it turns out it was an error on the systems part and chat bot could not figure it out. Talked to a real person and they confirmed it with their bank and my bank that the error was on their end.

For this situation, you needed multiple human beings. First it was me, then the customer service, then the supervisor and then the people working in the bank to confirm the transaction. Problem was corrected. No doubt human beings will be needed.

That being said, its going to be cutthroat. The agent that helped me relied on me leaving a positive feedback of the fact that they solved my problem so that they can have a positive score. Bad customer service= bad score= getting fired. Its ruthless but also its nice to get rid of shitty workers.

People will know the what's real and fake when it comes to music. Imagine going to see your favorite AI band in concert... Oh wait. Whoever tries to profit off of another person's likeness using AI will get sued to Boliva. It's going to get to the point we're a shit ton of laws will have to get passed because so many court cases will clog up the courts.

Similarly, all of AI's promise is fundamentally based off it being free right now. Which is unsustainable given the only people making money at the money are Nvidia and AMD (once they scale). People will still use AI tools a few years from now, but it's like Shazaam. A lot of folks will think AI is nice, but not pay $5 a month nice. Let alone enterprise costs will be insane once providers are comfortable with their market share, same as streaming.

I was in Malaysia recently enroute to New Zealand. At one of our hotels, we was greeted by a robot on wheels. It came quickly up to us and asked our names to check us in. Crazy shit

Nobody is going to trust an AI doctor and we've already seen the downside to lawyers using chatgpt... There's already a huge lawsuit in California because of lawyers using fake cases that it created in court as precedent.

Also, actors and musicians have lawsuits flying around due to copyright infringement via AI.

People will know the what's real and fake when it comes to music. Imagine going to see your favorite AI band in concert... Oh wait. Whoever tries to profit off of another person's likeness using AI will get sued to Boliva. It's going to get to the point we're a shit ton of laws will have to get passed because so many court cases will clog up the courts.

Nobody will trust an AI doctor for now, but I don't think it'll be too long before an AI doctor is significantly more accurate in diagnosing illnesses than a real doctor. Once it reaches that point, people will trust them.

Bezos is such a greedy pig. Logged into Prime video yesterday to watch a movie and there was a pop up saying 'Prime video will now be showing ads during movies. You can opt out for $2.99 per month.' Fook that guy. I'm about to boycott Amazon.

I think it'll affect me because all these pencil neck nerds are going to try to head into blue collar jobs and flood the job market making it hard to find a job and make wages go down.

End of times boys.
Set up Kodi, easy enough to do on a firestick or similar. Problem solved

I was in Malaysia recently enroute to New Zealand. At one of our hotels, we was greeted by a robot on wheels. It came quickly up to us and asked our names to check us in. Crazy shit

I have friend that build those. Or his company does
They are quite cool.
His version can take the customers of the hotel to their room and also guide people around the locations.
Its also a party freak that an dance.

I think humans are still highly underrated robots greeters will be the futures automated cash registers most will not like them. Right now the are like a fad but after a while people will rather talk to someone. AGI "advance general intelligence" is still a few years away when robots look like humans act like humans an really replace all fields.

Nobody will trust an AI doctor for now, but I don't think it'll be too long before an AI doctor is significantly more accurate in diagnosing illnesses than a real doctor. Once it reaches that point, people will trust them.
Possibly. A lot of people lean heavily on Dr Internet as it is now.

Still, real doctors will be needed to perform procedures.

Possibly. A lot of people lean heavily on Dr Internet as it is now.

Still, real doctors will be needed to perform procedures.

for now...

iu

The wealthy want a much smaller population. There are tons of interviews about AI and it’s funding where the mask slips on what they really want to do. I think the utopian future they believe it will provide for them is a very bleak outlook for everyone that’s not part of their plan.. which is a large portion of the population.

Scary stuff in all honesty.
naw, it's the opposite, the wealthy need a much larger population, hence unchecked immigration, a diluted highly competitive workforce, cheap labor, all of that requires a robust population.

Wrong, AI is not like other automation.. it's unprecedented. Also, AI currently DOES program itself.. that's what's so unique about it. The people who invented it don't even understand how it works fully.

I'm a "creative type" and I've begun using AI every day.

AI has already taken 10's of thousands of mid-level programming jobs by making the high-level programmers more productive. Soon it will take those jobs as well.... the whole notion of a human writing code will seem ridiculous in the very near future. Human tailored software languages, like C++, will quickly be replaced by AI generated languages which are 100 times faster and more capable as they will no longer be reliant on a monkey being able to understand how to interface with it.
lol, if this were true, openAI would not be hiring thousands of workers.

a high level programmer, will likely spend a whole lot of time vetting out AI generated code. The problem is that AI has a horrible job at reading between the lines when it comes to requirements, does even worse to determine of the problem is one to be solved with software or if the approach is wrong to begin with.

a laymen's example: automatic seatbelts....... the obvious question is why? Why this complex assembly if you still need to do the lap belt manually? should have never been created at all, but was a thing in the past. AI generated code does not know how to solve or even ask, why? On top of that, AI generated code will create some piece of code that might be better handled by the database query, and it wouldnt know any better.

it's great for small functions, say I need a function that will vet passwords that need to have certain characters and length, I can certainly have AI produce for me that function.

say I dont recall the syntax behand a parallel loop with a blocker, I can ask chatgpt to create me a template, and that's better than googling for answers, but it's essentially the same thing.

naw, it's the opposite, the wealthy need a much larger population, hence unchecked immigration, a diluted highly competitive workforce, cheap labor, all of that requires a robust population.

Not everyone has the same goals

All there is to know is it will have a negative effect on humans and getting a job. There will be an uprising and destruction of AI drones etc. it’s already happened in San Francisco with a self driving car/taxi.

With more illegals that have next to No education funneling into America, it will also be a struggle to compete for jobs. Did I mention they are developing AI/machines to pick strawberries and grapes, oops what are these illegals gonna do? (Rhetorical question) Start taking the legal brown and black peoples jobs. Fuck that! Get the Fuck Out!!!
Are you familiar with luddite movement? It happened the start of the industrial revolution with traditional artisans destroying machines. I beleeieve the rebels in terminator were called the luddites, but in popular culturre it means a slur to describe someone ignorant off machines.

'psychologists' of all kinds will be first. I saw one a few months ago after going to a doctor. She stone cold dismissed me at the end like 'get out we're done.'

I downloaded an AI app that gave me the same/better advice that she gave me.

Why spend the time and energy to see a two faced ugly shrink I think I'm smarter than when I can lay in bed with my cell phone.

I'd argue that AI is replacing jobs fast rather than slowly.

The industrial revolution has been pretty fast, the AI revolution is happening over years rather than centuries.

Just personally, for example, I've created art using AI to use as a patch rather than commissioning it. I've also diagnosed a shoulder injury with it rather than hiring a physio

We are barely into it's first iteration and it's already phenomenally capable and step change like advances happen every 6 months or so.

It feels pretty wild to be in the middle of it. I don't really understand the position of people who say it's not having much of an effect.

Unemployment will continue to rise. Universal basic income etc will be necessary, paid for by taxes on those who benefit the most in our societies

Also, you remember when chat bots were supposed to kill customer service jobs like ten years ago? Lol, never happened because people fucking hate chat bots and pick up the phone anyway.

Yeah, the UK tax authority recently pulled a ready to go replacement of the call centre with a chatbot for 6 months of the year. Not because it wasn't competent but because of the backlash regarding people without internet access etc.

For many companies one cannot call them at all, it's just a chatbot.

Point being it has been happening, the barrier has been acceptance, that's been slowly eroded over time. Especially as the services become more competent.

'psychologists' of all kinds will be first. I saw one a few months ago after going to a doctor. She stone cold dismissed me at the end like 'get out we're done.'

I downloaded an AI app that gave me the same/better advice that she gave me.

Why spend the time and energy to see a two faced ugly shrink I think I'm smarter than when I can lay in bed with my cell phone.

Yes. Human psychology is in fact remarkably simple and homogeneous, once you peel back the layer of self identification. Counselling is absolutely a growth area for AI. It will soon provide better outcomes. Always being on call at a fraction of the price and it being uniformly positive in its mental regard is hard to beat.

Back