Crime El Salvador had a lower homicide rate than the US in 2023

It's about damn time tattoos were outlawed. Back in the day the only people with tattoos were sailors, convicts, and circus freaks, and that made sense - you knew to keep your distance. In America it's the opposite, all these tattoo riddled degenerates are on TV treated like super stars.

The most disturbing part is that even Republicans are starting to embrace it. I see people photocopying tattoos on Trumps face acting like that is "cool". It's an outrage is what it is.

It’s so rare to see anyone without a tattoo these days. Too many inkies for my liking.

You sound insane and I'm sure it's intentional because you think it makes you edgy or cool or something equally irrelevant once we log off our computers.

Is the need to reduce everything to liberal vs. conservative so overwhelming that we don't even bother discussing things in the context of the larger constitutional framework which should underpin our society?
you claim to be a conservative lawyer on a fucking karate forum. heheheheheeheheheheheheheh you think you are cool on a forum dumbass. PM me your PO box, I'll send you some letters from my lawyers, ones I know for a fact don't spend any time on forums, they are too busy, you know running a business and practicing law.

El Salvador's Bukele declares victory in presidential poll​

SAN SALVADOR, Feb 4 (Reuters) - President Nayib Bukele on Sunday declared himself winner of El Salvador's national elections in a landslide, claiming he captured more than 85% of the vote - even though electoral officials have not released any results.
Bukele was the heavy favorite to win another five-year term as voters largely cast aside concerns about erosion of democracy to reward him for a fierce gang crackdown that improved security in the Central American country.

Bukele, 42, said his New Ideas party also captured at least 58 positions in El Salvador's 60-seat legislative assembly, citing unspecified information that he had access to.
"A record in the entire democratic history of the world," Bukele said on X, the social media site. "See you at 9pm in front of the National Palace."
Electoral officials have not commented on the results yet. Polls closed at 5 p.m. (2300 GMT), about two hours before Bukele claimed victory. An exit poll by CID Gallup put Bukele's support at 87%.

Bukele now appears poised to become the first Salvadoran president in almost a century to be re-elected. If his predictions are accurate, he will wield unprecedented power and be able to overhaul El Salvador's constitution, which his opponents fear will result in scrapping of term limits.
Wildly popular, Bukele has campaigned on the success of his security strategy under which authorities suspended civil liberties to arrest more than 75,000 Salvadorans without charges. The detentions led to a sharp decline in nationwide murder rates and transformed a country of 6.3 million people that was once among the world's most dangerous.

But some analysts have said the mass incarceration of 1% of the population is not sustainable long-term.
Hours earlier, bullish Bukele held a press conference and said his party needed all the support it could muster to maintain its anti-gang fight and continue reshaping El Salvador.
"So, if we have already overcome our cancer, with metastases that were the gangs, now we only have to recover and be the person we always wanted to be," said Bukele. "I believe El Salvador, after half a century of suffering now it is our time to move forward."

Few doubted the outcome of the elections. Polls showed most voters appear set to reward Bukele for decimating the crime groups that made life intolerable in El Salvador and fueled waves of migration to the United States.
"We have to continue the changes that are happening in our country - positive changes. We have no crime, tourism has sky-rocketed," said construction worker Victor Lopez, 65, who was among the first people to vote at the same center where Bukele cast his ballot.
"We cannot let the corrupt people from before have power again," Lopez added.

I'm not a huge fan of som.of the things he's done, but you can't argue with his results. Completely flipped the crime rates in just a few years and made the country one of the safest in North America. There is a reason he and his party apparently have a legitimate 90+% approval rating and crushed everyone in the elections.

But now he has to try and turn their godawful economy around. If he can somehow pull that off, I'd be willing to bet the country would vote him and his party as dictators for life in a heartbeat.

But man the guy smells like a major future problem in the making. But if he keeps winning like this, it's all on the people at that point.

Anyone contending with the fact that the homicide rate has been on a steep decline for a decade? Way before this recent policy.

homicide-rate-in-el-salvador.jpg

Back