Elon Musk Agrees to $44b Deal for Twitter

The Vegas loop, possibly shittiest tunnels ever built by man.

Like always, he presented a futuristic CGI solution to a problem, then his companys stock skyrockets based on presentation ( Boring company is now worth 6 billion ), and then he delivers a shit tunnel. Introduces a Tesla Semi, claims "this beats rail RIGHT NOW (2017.)" , Tesla stock skyrockets, 6 years later no production date in sight. Hyperloop, "its air hockey table in a tube, i swear its not that hard", stock skyrockets, product turns out to be physically impossible to be made, nvm company is worth billions. I aint even gonna start with solarcity, tesla robot, tesla truck... I mean, dude claimed hes gonna LAND ON MARS BY 2018!!!! and SpaceX stock litteraly skyrocketed, 1 million self driving robotaxis were READY TO ROLL OUT 3 years ago...

Basically its a Theranos style business model. Or Crypto logic in the real world. Hype is the main driver of todays market, and Elon knows how to create a hype, specially with entire cult of personality built around him...
Elon is bringing Vaporware back.
Vaporware - Wikipedia
For those that dont know about Vaporware. I have been in the stock market a long time, and have seen companies go the Vaporware route.

Find where I gloated about Musk favoring "my side." Much like everything Musk is doing, you need to mischaracterize my position to make your case. I didn't gloat about anything except the ridiculous reaction your side has to the idea of an equal opportunity to communicate on Twitter. None of you knew about him changing the blue checkmark thing, or firing a bunch of the staff, back when this began and you were flipping out anyways. These are just things you're latching on to now that you never cared about when Dorsey owned Twitter. None of you can just be honest and say "I'm upset that Twitter won't be a safe space for me anymore." The only hilarious thing is you guys jumping over every bit of news about what he's doing and any money Twitter is losing and acting like you scored a touchdown. You care WAY too much about this.
Show me where I was "flipping out"

I'll save you the trouble, you can't because I never did. In fact it seems my first post ITT was last Thursday after the blue check mark fiasco already started. I didn't really care about this at first because I didn't think the deal would go through and if it did I expected Musk would run it more or less the same given that he had so much on the line. Clearly I was wrong, he seems happy to cut his nose off to spite his face with the way he's running Twitter.

As far as your gloating, well it wasn't hard to find as it was one of your first posts ITT.
I love it. The hysteria over making Twitter more inclusive has shown that the party of truth and tolerance is anything but. Whether Twitter flourishes or crashes into the ground, either scenario is a good thing. The left is losing their war against equal opportunity and diversity.
This was always about the culture wars for you, hence your need to defend Musk at every turn given you perceive him as representing your side here. You can pretend otherwise and that you don't really care despite having about twice as many posts ITT as I do but your motivations here are clear as day.

Show me where I was "flipping out"

I'll save you the trouble, you can't because I never did. In fact it seems my first post ITT was last Thursday after the blue check mark fiasco already started. I didn't really care about this at first because I didn't think the deal would go through and if it did I expected Musk would run it more or less the same given that he had so much on the line. Clearly I was wrong, he seems happy to cut his nose off to spite his face with the way he's running Twitter.

So the blue checkmark thing is when you first became concerned? That's what you're gonna go with?

As far as your gloating, well it wasn't hard to find as it was one of your first posts ITT.

This was always about the culture wars for you, hence your need to defend Musk at every turn given you perceive him as representing your side here. You can pretend otherwise and that you don't really care despite having about twice as many posts ITT as I do but your motivations here are clear as day.

If they were, you wouldn't have to mischaracterize everything I say too. Nowhere in that post did I gloat about "my side being favored" as you claimed. I didn't even mention culture wars either. You only bolded part of the sentence. Reread the whole sentence. I haven't defended Musk, so much as I've just pointed out that you continue to mischaracterize things he's done and said. Ever since then you've just been flailing about your own arguments. Much like the parody account thing, I asked you to support a claim you made and you couldn't. There's an astounding lack of merit in anything you say about this and you're only proving me right that there is a war against equal opportunity and diversity (which is what I actually said in that post) that believe you are on the correct side of.

So the blue checkmark thing is when you first became concerned? That's what you're gonna go with?

If they were, you wouldn't have to mischaracterize everything I say too. Nowhere in that post did I gloat about "my side being favored" as you claimed. I didn't even mention culture wars either. You only bolded part of the sentence. Reread the whole sentence. I haven't defended Musk, so much as I've just pointed out that you continue to mischaracterize things he's done and said. Ever since then you've just been flailing about your own arguments. Much like the parody account thing, I asked you to support a claim you made and you couldn't. There's an astounding lack of merit in anything you say about this and you're only proving me right that there is a war against equal opportunity and diversity (which is what I actually said in that post) that believe you are on the correct side of.
<Dany07>

Ridiculous, like I said.

Literally no one knows...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
what a fucking goofball
FhiooxmX0AE1ZEw

come on guys, Gene is a good guy. We all get on each other's throats here because of differing opinions (and I unfortunately do it too when I'm having a bad day or just reacting impulsively) but it doesn't achieve anything.

It's safe to say I disagree with most of what Gene posts, but I like his thread of his journey with his wife and cats. Let's not demean him by calling it "trailer park thread".
Love me some @genecop Like you said. Don’t agree with his politics, but appreciate his posts. It keeps this place fun.

Seeing people still blindly dick riding Enron after 5+ years of obvious scamming and lies is hilarious

He is showing his ass here, he really has no fucking clue what he is doing in anything apart from the con artist game

I mean, why would you NOT hate the guy?
He was already a piece of walking breathing shit for years on end.
How anyone could take him seriously after he tried to fake a cave rescue and then stalked one of the actual rescuers with Pedo accusations is beyond me. That one incident alone would get basically anyone else in the world ostracized and hated as an insane asylum candidate.
The hyper-submarine

He had divers push around the pedo sub in a pool, then announced he would go to that cave and prove that the sub works after the kids have been saved to prove his haters wrong

(but never did)

Obviously I was aware of his attempt to purchase Twitter but I jumped into this thread least week because of the spicy memes around the blue check mark disaster.
Yeah you didn't mention culture wars, just rambling about how "left bad" which is clearly unrelated to the culture wars :rolleyes:

I supported my claim in regards to the parody accounts but of course like Musk you guys will simply move the goalposts because you're okay with Musk suspending accounts that make fun of him. First they had to label their account clearly, then that was not enough and they had to label their account in multiple places, who knows what the next goal post shift will be. Also noticed you completely dodged the fact that this whole problem is one of Elon's own making and that the original blue check mark system worked just fine at preventing imposters from running amok.

Musk is the peoples champion

lmao Ouch. Is that the first time in recorded history that someone has been fired for mouthing off about their boss in public?

Obviously I was aware of his attempt to purchase Twitter but I jumped into this thread least week because of the spicy memes around the blue check mark disaster.

<{nope}>

Yeah you didn't mention culture wars, just rambling about how "left bad" which is clearly unrelated to the culture wars :rolleyes:

Sorry for pointing out that I didn't say what you said I said.

I supported my claim in regards to the parody accounts but of course like Musk you guys will simply move the goalposts because you're okay with Musk suspending accounts that make fun of him. First they had to label their account clearly, then that was not enough and they had to label their account in multiple places, who knows what the next goal post shift will be. Also noticed you completely dodged the fact that this whole problem is one of Elon's own making and that the original blue check mark system worked just fine at preventing imposters from running amok.

"Moving the goalposts" is a lazy way to save face. He makes the rules. Follow them or get banned. None of them are banned permanently either. I wouldn't be okay with Musk banning accounts that followed the rules he laid out which is what you claimed he did. I asked for proof and even offered to admit I you were right if you could, just to throw you a bone. Musk would deserve to be criticized if that was the case. You couldn't and you tried classifying it as Musk "moving the goalposts" as a way out. And I didn't dodge anything bud. You very well may be right about him fucking up the blue checkmark idea. Sure seems like he might've since he is now revamping it. I also happen to not care either. The argument was never whether his blue checkmark system was effective, but whether Musk banning parody accounts that were violating rules is akin to "attacking free speech."

Sorry for pointing out that I didn't say what you said I said.
I said you were gloating because you saw it as a win for your side and you were. Now you're simply moving the goalposts because I was able to substantiate my claims about you, that you were gloating because you saw this as a culture war win for the right while you were unable to do the same for your claims about me, that I was supposedly freaking out about Musk's purchase.
"Moving the goalposts" is a lazy way to save face. He makes the rules. Follow them or get banned. None of them are banned permanently either. I wouldn't be okay with Musk banning accounts that followed the rules he laid out which is what you claimed he did. I asked for proof and even offered to admit I you were right if you could, just to throw you a bone. Musk would deserve to be criticized if that was the case. You couldn't and you tried classifying it as Musk "moving the goalposts" as a way out. And I didn't dodge anything bud. You very well may be right about him fucking up the blue checkmark idea. Sure seems like he might've since he is now revamping it. I also happen to not care either. The argument was never whether his blue checkmark system was effective, but whether Musk banning parody accounts that were violating rules is akin to "attacking free speech."
Its not though, the lazy way to save face is to simply say that its his site and he can do whatever he wants on it. Its true but to see the supposed "f-free speech" side be so quick to defend the arbitrary moderation of the owner of the site is rich and exposes the hypocrisy of the right in the most entertaining and clear way possible.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what the people want, to be fired for engaging in a public discussion because it makes their multibillionaire boss look bad.
Or stating bad company data of he doesn’t know his job shield he be fired? Durrrr

Another massive L for Elon.

Firing someone else who understands Twitter, while he flails around in the darkness <45><45><45><45>
The Dev corrected him or did you miss that

Back