Elvis Presley vs. Roy Orbison vs. Buddy Holly - Who do you prefer? (As an overall entertainer in music.)

Who do you prefer? (As an overall entertainer in music.)

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
They were born roughly the same year.

The three kings of early rock n roll imo.

Elvis Presley - 1935
Roy Orbison - 1936
Buddy Holly - 1936

Don't love any of them, but read an awesome anecdote about Orbison and the end of his song 'running scared'.

I can't find the original source but it basically said that the ending note he hits on that song is extremely difficult for even the most refined and accomplished singers and he hit it perfectly the first time they went to record the song.

It is impressive.

I was on a gig last weekend where I don't know the other fellas and we played like 7-8 songs. I used the floor tom(I don't have timpanis) more for accent instead of the crash because of this song:

Grew up listening to Buddy Holly quite a bit. He was a favorite of dads. I chose him. I like Elvis and Orbison also. Mom had me taking piano lessons when young and I can remember learning to play Elvis tunes.

Elvis because he had the voice and had those hips that wouldn't quit. He would kick your ass too because he knew karate!

Chose Elvis but maybe Chuck Berry should be on the list if you're talking early kings of rock.

Elvis is maybe the biggest icon in music history but I went Buddy Holly as he had Waylon playing bass

As an entertainer it has to be Elvis and it isn’t even close. His stage presence and charisma were just off the charts.

Elvis was our alien creator's gift to mankind.

Elvis but I like them all. I'll never forget going to dinner at the bingo hall/lodge my grandmother went to and they had flyers on the wall advertising an Elvis impersonator named Paulvis that was going to perform at the hall {<jordan}

Three of the greats but I prefer Elvis, mainly the 50's to early 60's rockabilly era, then probably Rpy, then Buddy (not really all that fair in his case as he passed away at such a young age).

Buddy Holly as played by Gary Busey ftw.

I've heard enough Elvis that if I never hear him again, I'm cool with it. I don't hate him, I've just heard his music so much. I feel the same way about AC/DC

Back