ESPN and WMMA fight nights

Has it ever occurred to you that your inability to read or comprehend a short three paragraph response is why you hold your current world view?

Maybe if you read a little more, it would be beneficial, just a thought, little buddy.
Has it ever occurred to you that I was just making fun of you?

Honestly I'm curious whether someone like you would ever be capable of carrying on a conversation on a topic like this based on evidence and logic without immediately moving to shaming language and insults.
I could, if my opponent was worthy, and honest. You are neither.
I have a feeling the answer would be no, as your brain would melt down trying to construct a valid argument without them.

I don't know what type of imbeciles you typically converse with but every time I have seen you attempt to argue this topic over the years you have just ended up sobbing "Everyone that disagrees with me is stupid and a misogynist" into your fedora.

If nothing else, at least you're consistent...
But the people I am debating ARE stupid and misogynist though. Am I just supposed to pretend that they aren't?

The aren't shaming tactics, it's just being honest. You should be ashamed.

You are letting your emotional issues with women affect your enjoyment of MMA. That's sad.
Try again, standard bullshit. You don't agree with me so <insert shaming language here>

You see... back a very long time ago when we didn't know exactly what you were doing, people would see your response and immediately feel the need to jump in and defend themselves as no-one wants to be seen as a women hater.

Once people realised what you were doing as the feckless manipulation technique that it is, it lost all power.

Sorry dude, you're going to have to stick to evidence, logic and reason, aka SJW kryptonite as the old tactics just don't work anymore and haven't really for a long time now.

Try again, standard bullshit. You don't agree with me so <insert shaming language here>
You probably get rightfully shamed a lot, and mistake it for "shaming language".
You see... back a very long time ago when we didn't know exactly what you were doing, people would see your response and immediately feel the need to jump in and defend themselves
I'm famous!
as no-one wants to be seen as a women hater.
There are plenty of proud woman haters on here.
Once people realised what you were doing as the feckless manipulation technique that it is, it lost all power.
And yet here you are, dancing for me.
Sorry dude, you're going to have to stick to evidence, logic and reason, aka SJW kryptonite as the old tactics just don't work anymore and haven't really for a long time now.
You have yet to introduce anything approaching evidence, logic, or reason. If you ever do, I will gladly respond in kind.

Considering you have never done that, ever, I won't hold my breath. You are one of those guys who is incapable of telling the difference between a fact and your opinion.

I could, if my opponent was worthy, and honest. You are neither.

But the people I am debating ARE stupid and misogynist though. Am I just supposed to pretend that they aren't?
Just a hint: If you argue an issue based on it's merits without immediately resorting to insults, you may look like far less of a simpleton than you do currently, little buddy.

Just a hint: If you argue an issue based on it's merits without immediately resorting to insults, you may look like far less of a simpleton than you do currently, little buddy.
Ironic post, since you have done nothing but give your opinion and tried to support it with
anecdotal evidence.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Nothing you have said deserves a serious response.

Ironic post, since you have done nothing but give your opinion and tried to support it with
anecdotal evidence.

I'm just glad I gave you something to do for the last 4 hours while I was away at bible study.

No, you realised that you didn't have a remotely valid response to what I wrote and you were just skipping over it try try and avoid looking even stupider than you already do.
I skimmed it, didn't see anything that required a response. Anything in particular you think was a strong argument proving that WMMA is not popular and not entertaining?

You probably get rightfully shamed a lot, and mistake it for "shaming language".

I'm famous!

There are plenty of proud woman haters on here.

And yet here you are, dancing for me.

You have yet to introduce anything approaching evidence, logic, or reason. If you ever do, I will gladly respond in kind.

Considering you have never done that, ever, I won't hold my breath. You are one of those guys who is incapable of telling the difference between a fact and your opinion.
The only way that you can shame someone is if they are doing something they know is wrong. Given you are getting so very emotional about someone who has different opinions about the merits of women's sports - a position that is solidly backed up by evidence; It is quite obvious that you know you don't have a leg to stand on in any logic based debate so you simply resort to insults which as I have pointed out, simply don't work anymore.

Famous? Not at all, you are a boring, cookie-cutter NPC, regurgitating the same old generic insults, you people always did against anyone that disagrees with you. You lot are basically a parody of yourselves at this point.

Here is the crux of your problem, you lack basic deductive reasoning skills and reading comprehension. There are many data points around the popularity of women's sports, a number of them have been mentioned already in this thread. Just because they hurt your feelings and offend your ideology, doesn't mean they are not accurate.

The only way that you can shame someone is if they are doing something they know is wrong. Given you are getting so very emotional about someone who has different opinions about the merits of women's sports - a position that is solidly backed up by evidence; It is quite obvious that you know you don't have a leg to stand on in any logic based debate so you simply resort to insults which as I have pointed out, simply don't work anymore.

Famous? Not at all, you are a boring, cookie-cutter NPC, regurgitating the same old generic insults, you people always did against anyone that disagrees with you. You lot are basically a parody of yourselves at this point.

Here is the crux of your problem, you lack basic deductive reasoning skills and reading comprehension. There are many data points around the popularity of women's sports, a number of them have been mentioned already in this thread. Just because they hurt your feelings and offend your ideology, doesn't mean they are not accurate.
TLDR

If you havent noticed the female fights on the average card has actually gone down by quite a bit. Its usually only 2 per card now. I think it was a combo of coincidence and having nothing else to show at the time for ESPN. Its not the first time theres been back to back chick cards.

anecdotal evidence.

Really? So the overwhelming "popularity" of Invicta isn't evidence? The fact that the UFC has done plenty of male only cards since the introduction of WMMA, yet not a single female only card isn't evidence? The comparison between male and physical capabilities and the history of professional female athletes being embarrassed competing against young teenage boys isn't evidence?

Just because evidence hurts your feelings and offends you on an ideological level, doesn't mean it's not evidence, good sir white knight.

"This event headlined by Luque vs Brady was scheduled to broadcast on ESPN, but when the headline changed cuz Brady was injured, ESPN didn't decide to change their broadcast schedule or cancel it altogether. Could this be a feminine conspiracy directed at me?"

Ah, I forgot about Luque vs Brady as the original main event. Luque is still on the card though. Why not have him vs Buckley as the main event?

The only way that you can shame someone is if they are doing something they know is wrong.
On some level you know you are wrong.
Given you are getting so very emotional about someone who has different opinions about the merits of women's sports - a position that is solidly backed up by evidence;
No it isn't, because merit is subjective. Are women physically weaker than men? On average, yes, definitely. Are female fights less entertaining than men's fights? Well now that's matter of opinion
It is quite obvious that you know you don't have a leg to stand on in any logic based debate so you simply resort to insults which as I have pointed out, simply don't work anymore.
I have already tried debating you in good faith. Multiple times. I have learned from that mistake. You are a fundamentally dishonest person.
Cope
Here is the crux of your problem, you lack basic deductive reasoning skills and reading comprehension.
Wrong
There are many data points around the popularity of women's sports,
True
a number of them have been mentioned already in this thread.
Not by you, and not in a context that proves anything
Just because they hurt your feelings
I'm fine, thanks
and offend your ideology, doesn't mean they are not accurate.
You are literally trying to convince people to not enjoy something. You are the one arguing from ideology.

The only question that really matters about MMA is whether the fight is entertaining.

You refuse to watch WMMA fights with an open mind, and as a result have robbed yourself of many great fights. If you want to do that, go right ahead.

Meanwhile I'll be here watching MMA.

Back