Ever like a song before you know the artist?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
And then when you find out who sings it, you're like, "crap, I hate that band."

Bruno Mars did this to me. He had one song that I hated and it was always being played on the radio at work. So every day I hated him more and more.

Fast forward a couple years and this song I like came on and o decided to look up the singer. Sure enough it was Bruno Mars. He's done this to me several times now to where I actually like him today. But it was a weird feeling at first, like my brain wanted to hate the song when it found out he sang it.

Happened to me with the Jonas brothers too. I didn't hate them, but I dismissed them as some crappy boy band, like a modern day nsync or backstreet boys.

Then one day I look up this song I like and I'm all, "fuck! I like a boy band!"

Sure am the time. Now that I'm not in my 20s anymore I don't really give a shit about what you're supposed to like. If I find myself enjoying a song from an artist I used to hate, I just think huh guess they're better than I thought.

If I like a catchy song idc what other people think I will sing it with no fear and if I no it bothers you it will only make me do it more.

Billie Eilish. Can't stand that chick, but she had one song I really liked only to find out it was her. Now there are a couple of songs I like from her.

I heard this song somewhere at some point while doing something... Took me forever to figure out who it was... I'm old so I'd never heard of them, but the song rocks... I was convinced the kid was Robert Plant

Although, that might not be what you were talking about.

I was about 14 when this came out and I really dug the song. I remember hearing on the radio and was like “This is a really cool tune!” She became one of the biggest female pop-stars of her generation.

I wouldn’t be able to tell you who sings the majority of my favorite songs

Sure am the time. Now that I'm not in my 20s anymore I don't really give a shit about what you're supposed to like. If I find myself enjoying a song from an artist I used to hate, I just think huh guess they're better than I thought.

Probably the producer helped them a lot with that one good song, happens all the time. Especially back in the day the songs that were earmarked for radio play would get a lot more attention in the studio.

I liked a lot of songs before finding out artist and title. Is normal.

I don't recall hating a song after finding out who performed it. I'm not a shallow hater.

It has happened before. But then I wonder why the rest of their songs suck so bad compare to this one.

Usually acts start great and end up terrible. Not terrible, great and then terrible again.

Yeah, sounds about right. Dunno why people care about this "cool thing" mentality or popularity = bad.

Yeah. A few times over the years.

Back