I've seen two UFO's in my life, not going claim they were aliens or anything, but I don't know what they were and nothing I can think of adequately explains them.

One was an orange orb the size of a car hovering ~200 feet in the air. It didn't make any noise and just sat there for about 30 seconds or so then shot straight up at a very high speed, like from 200' to gone in about a second.

The other was a silver cigar shaped thing booking it across the sky that just disappeared. I saw a white orb out of the corner of my eye, and assumed it was sunlight reflecting off of a low flying plane. I turned to look at it and as it moved the white orb faded to reveal the object and my first thought was "that is a weird color plane," shiny, silver/chrome. Then I noticed it didn't have wings, just a silver tube moving across the sky. As it moved across the sky it kind of shimmered or sparkled and then just vanished, poof, gone. Reported that one to MUFON and apparently at least one other person reported seeing the same thing.

we dont know yet what branches of science are discoverable to us nor which among those possible branches would investigate and look into the spiritual or paranormal world. that's the point. it takes a lot of faith to think we just happen to live in a time when no new revolutionary and existentially significant scientific discoveries would be made.

personally i have a lot more faith in science than that.

You're conflating two unrelated points. I'm not postulating science is complete. I'm postulating ghosts don't exist because there is currently no evidence they do and no one can formulate an experiment to prove it or theorize what new "science" is needed to prove their existence.

The only faith is on your side believing they exist.

My dad was in the army and used to go on 'exercise' quite frequently, one time he was staying at what was once a concentration camp and saw a hanging when he was on his way to the outhouse toilet. I'm a great believer in things making an imprint and it playing back. Not ghosts to fuck with us in that case, just a replay. My dad may be certain things, but he wouldn't have made that up. He's probably the most lucid person I've ever known.

and that is my main reason for believing in certain things that i have not personally experienced. the word of multitudes of credible people. to never believe in the word of others is as egregious an act as to always believe everyone.

the imprint theory is my personal favorite, but i have no idea what ghosts are all really about.

You're conflating two unrelated points. I'm not postulating science is complete. I'm postulating ghosts don't exist because there is currently no evidence they do and no one can formulate an experiment to prove it or theorize what new "science" is needed to prove their existence.

The only faith is on your side believing they exist.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence though and that is the point i am making. it takes unwarranted faith to hold your position with certainty based on a lack of evidence from a discipline almost certainly in its infancy.

on the other hand i have direct experience with the paranormal and it takes no faith whatsoever on my part to believe my own extensive experience.

the only one here using faith is you and i think that is very obvious. again though i dont begrudge you or anyone else for holding this position but it is NOT necessary scientifically and it is not a position that warrants certainty to the point of criticism of other positions.

and that is my main reason for believing in certain things that i have not personally experienced. the word of multitudes of credible people. to never believe in the word of others is as egregious an act as to always believe everyone.

the imprint theory is my personal favorite, but i have no idea what ghosts are all really about.
I'm not discrediting the ghosts fucking with our heads theory, but in that situation it makes sense that it's on a replay. Just playing back the executioner and the guy getting hanged. Horrible thinking about it, I would have been in a right state seeing that.

Anyone have stories of encountering the Paranormal: Ghost, UFO’s, Bigfoot, Monsters etc.
R7346b282978496a1807898f5dba38911

Ive seen a ghost before and heard some strange sounds before. My friend has seen a UFO back when he was a trucker.

Alrite what ya got
Much as I've heard stories about paranormal things happening to people which is very interesting to me, nothing of the sort has ever happened to me. I always end up feeling like these people that experience anything paranormal are either on some type of medication that messes with their brain somehow or the person hasn't gotten much sleep if any at all. My mind always goes straight to what could possibly be wrong with that person to cause them to believe whats happening to them. I even hear these people say how they hadn't drank any alcohol, had plenty of sleep, not on any medication or drugs and that they experienced it legitimately but because nothing of the sort has ever happened to me it makes it very hard for me to believe anyone that talks about paranormal activities

I’ve experienced lost time and had weird small scabs afterwards. I’m not saying it’s as a result of anything definitively paranormal, but it creeped me out at the time.

Much as I've heard stories about paranormal things happening to people which is very interesting to me, nothing of the sort has ever happened to me. I always end up feeling like these people that experience anything paranormal are either on some type of medication that messes with their brain somehow or the person hasn't gotten much sleep if any at all. My mind always goes straight to what could possibly be wrong with that person to cause them to believe whats happening to them. I even hear these people say how they hadn't drank any alcohol, had plenty of sleep, not on any medication or drugs and that they experienced it legitimately but because nothing of the sort has ever happened to me it makes it very hard for me to believe anyone that talks about paranormal activities

there is almost certainly a type that is more prone to perceive or experiencing this type of thing. ive known so many of them in my life who have had prolific experiences of many kinds and varieties.

i would guess people are on a spectrum from one extreme to another, on one end people who notice tons of this kind of thing all the way to the other extreme of people who could be surrounded by it hand take no notice at all.

this principle has its parallels in mystical religious experience also and is treated and discussed in depth in most mystical traditions, as the perception of mystical phenomenon gives some people the false impression or spirituality when its really just a kind of sensitivity and is not analogous to spiritual development.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence though and that is the point i am making. it takes unwarranted faith to hold your position with certainty based on a lack of evidence from a discipline almost certainly in its infancy.

on the other hand i have direct experience with the paranormal and it takes no faith whatsoever on my part to believe my own extensive experience.

the only one here using faith is you and i think that is very obvious. again though i dont begrudge you or anyone else for holding this position but it is NOT necessary scientifically and it is not a position that warrants certainty to the point of criticism of other positions.

It's not unwarranted faith to not believe in something that has not been proven and has absolutely no validity in existing. When there is a shred of evidence that a "life force" can transfer to an incorporeal ghost which can interact with ordinary matter I'll take it more seriously. Believe what you will.

It's not unwarranted faith to not believe in something that has not been proven and has absolutely no validity in existing. When there is a shred of evidence that a "life force" can transfer to an incorporeal ghost which can interact with ordinary matter I'll take it more seriously. Believe what you will.

it is a leap of faith for you to be certain of the non existence of multitudes of paranormal type experiences in light of millions of eye witnesses based only on a lack of evidence from a discipline in its infancy.

and there is a ton of reason to be swayed towards the existence of this type of thing as millions and millions of otherwise perfectly capable sane people experience it.

again though. i do not begrudge you for not being convinced. not in the leaste in fact. but when that crosses over into criticism it goes too far (not saying you personally though or that you are or have gone too far).

the only people who can be certain in this discussion are those who have direct experience

I've seen two UFO's in my life, not going claim they were aliens or anything, but I don't know what they were and nothing I can think of adequately explains them.

One was an orange orb the size of a car hovering ~200 feet in the air. It didn't make any noise and just sat there for about 30 seconds or so then shot straight up at a very high speed, like from 200' to gone in about a second.

The other was a silver cigar shaped thing booking it across the sky that just disappeared. I saw a white orb out of the corner of my eye, and assumed it was sunlight reflecting off of a low flying plane. I turned to look at it and as it moved the white orb faded to reveal the object and my first thought was "that is a weird color plane," shiny, silver/chrome. Then I noticed it didn't have wings, just a silver tube moving across the sky. As it moved across the sky it kind of shimmered or sparkled and then just vanished, poof, gone. Reported that one to MUFON and apparently at least one other person reported seeing the same thing.

the oddest thing to me about these ufo stories is that the objects are usually different every time There are some stories 10 years apart that have same objects and same humanoids but generally incidences seem to be distinct

the tic tacs have been seen in the Atlantic and pacific for example

kids in Zimbabwe saw saucer types with humanoids in "black wetsuits" There was an incident in Malaysia or China where the same observations were made

but it seems like 90% of the offerings are distinct

I think a ghost or something else paranormal saved my 5yo sons life.

we moved into a furnished house after a relative passed away. There was an end table in the guest room (which my son used as his playroom), and anything we put on it would be knocked off. Always happened when we were near it. After a couple of weeks of this happening nearly everyday, I decided to check the end table to see if there was a mouse nest in it.... I didnt fine any signs of mice, but I did find a loaded gun hidden in the back of the drawer.

Once the gun was gone, the disturbance stopped.

we also had a lamp that kept getting unplugged (it wasn’t loose at all), when I updated the outlets in the house I discovered a dangerous wiring issue with that plug, if a lamp was left on in that outlet it would have eventually started a fire. Once I fixed the outlet, the unplugging stopped.

im a rational atheist, but I can’t explain this shit.

the oddest thing to me about these ufo stories is that the objects are usually different every time There are some stories 10 years apart that have same objects and same humanoids but generally incidences seem to be distinct

the tic tacs have been seen in the Atlantic and pacific for example

kids in Zimbabwe saw saucer types with humanoids in "black wetsuits" There was an incident in Malaysia or China where the same observations were made

but it seems like 90% of the offerings are distinct

there are something like 36 different species of alien life visiting us according to many models based on just simply taking credible accounts seriously.

that would account for lots of different types of sightings.

ive got my own theories as to what this phenomenon is but obviously have no idea what it is for certain. the only thing i am certain about is that there is no way all of the accounts are lies or mis-identifications or hallucinations.

I was raised as a Christian but consider myself a agnostic now . I'm skeptical but I have a interest in the paranormal/ supernatural .this past week I started randomly thinking about a coworker I had not seen in about a year and about a hour later I ran into him.stuff like that happens once in a while. Also , sometimes I'll start thinking about a tv show or movie or song on the radio and see the movie or tv show later on or hear the song on the radio later .my skeptical side thinks this is just coincidental but sometimes I wonder

Back