Everglades vs. Yellowstone [Wildlife]

Deorum

Fuck Your Thots
@Black
Reaction score
The second and third largest national parks in the contiguous lower 48 of the United States (after Death Valley) are not only two of the world's most unique ecosystems and amongst the very first selected for UNESCO World Heritage site status, but also undoubtedly amongst the greatest wildlife destinations where biodiversity, concentration, and quality are concerned. Which of them piques more curiosity and fascination?

I haven't had the chance to visit the Everglades yet, but I've been to the GYE on a few different occasions: witnessing a grizzly with two cubs in Lamar Valley and a nesting pair of bald eagles along the Madison River aren't things you soon forget. The Everglades is also home to a substantial population of invasive burmese pythons that have caused widespread ecological destruction over the last several decades and are frequently at war with the native gators.

Just a matter of personal preference if you will. The Everglades is more diverse because wetlands hold more species, but its tough to actually see any of it. Much of the life is hidden completely from view. Yellowstone fits the idea of nature for many people, particulalry those that only know of nature through TV and Disney movies.

Been to the Everglades. Rode on one of those air boats. It was pretty cool. Drove from Homestead to Flamingo. Kind of like driving through the jungle.

Never been to Yellowstone but I think from the scenery alone I would much prefer it over the Everglades.

Yellowstone is where I would prefer to visit. The everglades mean very little to me......its a freaking swamp.

Been to the Everglades. Rode on one of those air boats. It was pretty cool. Drove from Homestead to Flamingo. Kind of like driving through the jungle.

Never been to Yellowstone but I think from the scenery alone I would much prefer it over the Everglades.

Same here, rode on one of the air boats and got to see some gators and some other animals but unfortunately i've never been to Yellowstone. Only other place besides the everglades that i've been that can compare would be the Grand Canyon. I almost got fucked up by a huge elk lol.

Planning on going to Yellowstone next year. Went to Olympic last year and it was friggin awesome.

I mean it all depends on what you’re looking for. In florida you can see reptiles from almost every continent and loads of native species. But, if you’re looking for megafauna, Yellowstone it is.
Do your research on timing your visit though, Yellowstone gets insanely crowded.

Yellowstone and it's not even close.

Maybe it's because I've lived in the south most of my life but I find swamps and flat, low-lying areas terribly boring and ugly. Mountains, prairies, valleys, or the ocean is where it's at.

Everglades for sure. Did the swamp walk on a school trip as a kid. Was so cool

Yellowstone by far. Besides, if they don’t get the python problem under control there won’t be anything left in the Everglades.

They are so different as to be basically impossible to compare. Yellowstone is heaven on earth. Everglades is not as spectacular or grandiose. Everglades does have amazing amounts of wildlife though, you really need to travel by boat to see it.

Yellowstone by quite a bit.

FL raised, and seen the everglades, and many swamps, so many times. It is not close to the beauty of Yellowstone's. Both wildlife and scenery.

Yellowstone for sure. I'm not a big fan of swamps, gators, or pythons.

They need to hire Craig, Jillian, and Brock to kill the snakes and capture the eggs in their grack sack.

Did an airboat of the Everglades earlier this year. It was pouring rain and a complete disaster.

Almost certainly we'd enjoy Yellowstone more.

This is a good VS.
we need more dumbass tourists producing viral content of their animal encounters
Looking at you giant snakes, lizards, and sharks

Back