Everyone at my house was thrilled at Ngannou’s newfound well rounded game…Why so negative ?

You’ve gotta understand, many on here are not fans that appreciate a fighter getting the win anyway they can they want knockouts because it’s all they understand, they judge a fight based on that.

I personally loved seeing an injured Francis getting the win anyway possible showing evolution and taking advantage of a 1 dimensional Gane. Gane did well too and had some good shots and was aware of the danger in front of him.

iI did feel Francis should’ve used more jabs but he was clearly compromised on the leg I feel Francis having full motion of the feet would’ve lead to a connection and possibly a finish but we’ll never know. I’m impressed with Francis cardio. Don’t buy into the commentary Francis was still explosive in the later rounds but he was being efficient and it helped in those big movements.

Well he had like 10 pounds on Gane? Not surprised he used that at his advantage, taking him down, when coming up short in the striking department.

I thought it was an excellent display of strategy and versatility by Ngannou.

It was impressive but I think I would have liked it more if he snuck a bit of ground and pound in here and there instead of just laying on him.

It was an impressive piece of fight IQ. He was down 2-0 and playing into Ciryl's gameplan of just pitter patter and moving. He was on his way to losing.

Then he shifted tactics and employed the wrestling/grappling strategy, where Gane was always thought to be weakest. It wasn't the JBG showcase we were all hoping for with men of such stature, but it was an impressive display of skills (25 minutes deep no less) that most didn't think existed.

Oddly impressive fight for me, and I'm all about quick violent bloodlust most of the time!

It's worth noting that there was a MASSIVE strength difference between the two, as seen in how Francis manhandled every clinch situation. Even a few times where Ciryl should have had leverage and advantage Ngannou muscled out of it easily. Dude is a fucking force of nature.

No Doubt Ing made some changes, he showed some fight IQ, and did what he needed to do in order to win.
But it was certainly not action packed, their faces after the fight looked better than before..
People expected some excitement, fight didn’t deliver in that regard..

The fight was boring but I was impressed that he made the right adjustments. I didnt expect Francis to have much gas in the tank by round 3. Certainly not enough to slam Gane.

I just wanted the UFC to get fucked over Francis did that, mission complete

Thinking this was a good fight is some crazy form of denial. It was probably one of the most boring fights I've seen in a long time. I'd argue its probably close to the worst ufc hw championship fight of all time, if not the worst.

Why is sherdog so angry?

Francis did a great job wrestling.

I called him ADCC Francis.

He was looking for submissions, he was amazing. I even saw him threatening a triangle.

At HW that’s amazing.

We all found it very unexpected and exciting.

What gives?
People probably just bummed they didn't get the stand up fight

I was very happy with him shutting Gane down.

Couldn't be more pleased (well Moreno winning would have helped but none the less).

Last edited:
Stipe was throwing way more ground strikes than Ngannou ever did in this one
Yeah he did, he still took a ton of heat and I think rightly so. He was much more experienced on the ground than Francis and he didn’t even feel close to finishing. That’s not to say Francis shouldn’t get heat here, but Gane and Francis are much closer in skill on the ground than Francis and Stipe.

Everyone falls in love with the 'new breed of HW'. Any HW that is quick and moves quite well gets massively hyped - I admit, I thought Gane would be too slick for him, but he had very little to offer. Ngannou did a solid job.

Why is sherdog so angry?

Francis did a great job wrestling.

I called him ADCC Francis.

He was looking for submissions, he was amazing. I even saw him threatening a triangle.

At HW that’s amazing.

We all found it very unexpected and exciting.

What gives?

Because he didn't knock out or get knocked out.

Stipe took a lot of heat after his first performance against Francis...

Well stipe ground and pound was pretty bad . Francis was dead tired on the ground and stipe couldn't cause any damage.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back