Everything is not what it seems

She should have worn real headgear if she's going to go all out like that.

Real headgear don't actually protect you tbh.
Makes it harder to see, and you're basically wearing a giant boxing glove on your head which makes it harder to dodge punches, and easier to hit.

She got hit, and that was fair considering she was blasting away.

Real headgear don't actually protect you tbh.
Makes it harder to see, and you're basically wearing a giant boxing glove on your head which makes it harder to dodge punches, and easier to hit.

She got hit, and that was fair considering she was blasting away.
My screen name is self explanatory as well as true but she didn't have headgear on and still never saw it coming. Wouldn't it have helped her in this case?

My screen name is self explanatory as well as true but she didn't have headgear on and still never saw it coming. Wouldn't it have helped her in this case?

Well she had a hood on, that didn't help.
What would've help her the most is the correct defense...and not feeling so secure that he wasn't going to hit back.

She became complacent and that was her biggest problem sir.

Well she had a hood on, that didn't help.
What would've help her the most is the correct defense...and not feeling so secure that he wasn't going to hit back.

She became complacent and that was her biggest problem sir.
Is that hood some sort of safety equipment? I thought she had it on to maybe keep her hair out of the way. It looks like he tagged her on that back part of the jaw below the ear. I've never been hit there but I've bumped it before and it really brings the pain train.

Is that hood some sort of safety equipment? I thought she had it on to maybe keep her hair out of the way. It looks like he tagged her on that back part of the jaw below the ear. I've never been hit there but I've bumped it before and it really brings the pain train.

Yeah that part of the face hurts to get hit in for sure, you can easily get knocked out there.
Im not sure about the hood tbh.

The thing is, she was going full out and hitting him as hard as she could, but she never focused on her defense.
He was just reminding her as far as I could tell.

He didn't blast her, he just put a couple on her to show her.
If she was in a real fight with that defense she would've been sleeping.

This should have been moved to the Stand-Up Technique forum, not here.

Pretty clearly looks Muslim. Her arms and legs are all covered too.

Good call. Are Muslim women allowed to do this type of training? Although I suppose there are different degrees of Muslim. I don't know what country this was filmed in either.

Some at least, there's women fighting pro fights covered like this.

Kinda strange to see a hijabi girl fine with a sport that means lots of clinching with dudes, though I think I have seen it at IFMA before.

what i see in the video is someone constantly lowering their guard on the same side they throw kicks from. i then see an instructor correct it, by tapping her with a counter. that was a tap. female or male. you get countered when training. it makes you learn from your mistakes. if you are gonna go hard and yes she was going hard, then you best expect your instructor to counter you fast and memorable.

Pretty sure she went down from the body shot. Nothing video worthy here if you've walked into a gym before.

Good call. Are Muslim women allowed to do this type of training? Although I suppose there are different degrees of Muslim. I don't know what country this was filmed in either.

I swim at the YMCA and there is a Muslim woman who also swims wearing a full bodysuit with head cover. She refuses to share a swim lane with a male during busy times and will basically leave if she can't have a lane to herself or share with another woman.

I'm respectful of her faith. I have no problem with her but she has a problem with common courtesy. Some of the older women are also demanding when it comes to who swims in which lane.

Back