Evolution of Boxing Video Games 1987-2020! | NEW FIGHT NIGHT 2020?

AvidBoxerFan

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I know a lot of people here are OG's and appreciate a good boxing game, and I found this video uploaded yesterday.

Which boxing game was your favourite?

Punch out. Ring king. Evander Holyfield Real deal boxing. And fight nights of course.
I used to like the virtual one at the arcade but don’t recall the name.

Ring King and Victorious Boxers (Otherwise known as Ippo's Road To Glory)

Timestamped.

He missed the best ones, the 90s ones like Evander Holifield real deal boxing.

I still play FN Champion every single day, Im ranked #7800

ahhh this thread is making me miss video games

Creed: Rise to Glory is pretty good for a VR game and Thrill of the Fight and Knockout League are is fun casual arcade-y VR games as well.

Super Punchout and Riddick Bowe boxing on the SNES. The FMV game Prizefighter on the Sega CD. Mike Tyson boxing on ps2. I remember playing a Japanese PSP boxing game on an emulator before, can’t remember the title. Wasn’t really good but wasn’t bad.

The original Punch Out for the NES is the goat. Honorable mention goes to the fighting animation in the Blades of Steel hockey game. Everything since then is just trash.

The original Punch Out for the NES is the goat. Honorable mention goes to the fighting animation in the Blades of Steel hockey game. Everything since then is just trash.
dont u think that game was too simplistic?

Its pretty old but as a teen i used to play on master system to heavyweight champ, it was pretty fun.

Has there been anything since FN:Champion? Anything planned?

Honestly for how popular boxing is, it's insane that there isn't another licensed game. If fucking cricket can get a fucking game, where's my licensed boxing game! Champion is good, but it's aged, and the lack of modern day boxers (I know you can download made ones) is a big draw back. Only do often I can fight Ricky Hatton.

I never enjoyed or liked the Boxing games not one they could've been so much better just look at Tekken and SoulCalibur and other fighting Games and role players like Enter the Matrix and other fighting Games but the Boxing Games were just terrible to play.

Back