Exercise Bike Reccomendation

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Gyms here are still closed, I saw a shirtless side profile of myself this morning, and I've turned into a Covid fatass (Going from a physically active profession, to a desk job hasn't helped either). With winter coming soon as well, I decided to throw down and buy an exercise bike to go with the old weight set I have. I need a recommendation though, I'm not going Peloton, and on Amazon there are a ton of them between $200-$500, yet aside from "seat comfort", the vast majority of them are rated the same, and even share the same pros and cons.

Rogue Fitness Airdyne for $700 is your best bet. I've had a bunch of diff machines over the years and this is probably the only one that I've been 100% happy with.

Buy yourself a regular bike and go with something like a kurt kinetic

I had the Marcy AIR-1 upright fan bike. It was really nice for around $350 on amazon. I've ridden actual Assault bikes and i preferred the Marcy. I only got rid of it because I sit all day for work and I couldn't take sitting anymore to work out. I sold it to a friend and got an elliptical.

I have a theory that cardio machines that use wind resistance are the superior. So definitely a bike with a fan.

Recently bought a Rogue Echo and that thing is a tank ! The wife and I really like it.
That's a nice bike! My physical therapist had one like that.

My pro-form elliptical came in yesterday and I assembled it last night. It was kind of broken out of the box, I fixed it as well as I could, and it doesn't seem like it'll affect performance. The thing is a 300lb beast. Tried it out for 5 minutes today. Still getting used to it, but I can see myself putting a lot of hours into it. Much better than the old cheap one I used to have until about 5 years ago. Waiting on some tennis racket tape for the handles so I can put the finishing touches on it.

Back