Explain Magician Asi tricks

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
Can anyone share some insights on these tricks performed by magician Asi , how to do them etc ?

I will hold back from outright revelation but will provide insights on certain aspects.

Firstly, I have a critique: there are evidently several setups missing.

In other words, there are some obvious edits happening in between tricks.

I don't like that.

Asi essentially is doing Jazz Improvisation with a deck of cards.

He's skilled at devising a premise and executing it on the spot, especially considering in this instance he utilizes a system that is hidden in plain sight.

Not that he needs to, but it makes for better tricks.

I won't disclose more than that.

Slight of hand and probability + magician's choice

Last edited:
I will hold back from outright revelation but will provide insights on certain aspects.

I don't like that.

He's skilled at devising a premise and executing it on the spot, especially considering in this instance he utilizes a system that is hidden in plain sight.

Slight of hand and probability + magician's choice

These are like the least informative answers I've ever seen. You might as well say "it's an illusion. Not magic". Well, yeah.

Your lack of knowledge on the subject isn't my concern or my responsibility.

While what you say may be true, then there is no reason for you to even write what you did in the first place other than to signal to other people that you know how the trick is done and you contributed to this thread exactly the same amount as if you never posted.

Being a magician myself, I won't outright reveal the techniques of another performer.

Your lack of knowledge on the subject isn't my concern or my responsibility.

You've done nothing to demonstrate whether you have more knowledge than me or not. I'll have to take your word on it that you know....something? I guess?

I mean, I get that there's revealing too much of a magic trick. But there's also saying absolutely nothing informative at all. You chose the latter. And that's fine, you can post whatever you want. At the same time your post was neither interesting nor insightful. That doesn't mean you don't possess the knowledge or talent to divulge the secrets of the trick, but it means your post was kind of pointless.

These are like the least informative answers I've ever seen. You might as well say "it's an illusion. Not magic". Well, yeah.
It’s a given that it’s an illusion
Magician’s choice means lack of choice
Check out 8:00 in the clip, illusion of choice, misdirection, that entire segment was not necessary, but it’s the part that builds on lack of choice, the result was predetermined from the start. A little later, the 3 of hearts, that was predetermined, uberman didn’t really have a choice in the card selection, he only thought he did. These were more obvious, i haven’t dissected the rest.

You've done nothing to demonstrate whether you have more knowledge than me or not. I'll have to take your word on it that you know....something? I guess?

I mean, I get that there's revealing too much of a magic trick. But there's also saying absolutely nothing informative at all. You chose the latter. And that's fine, you can post whatever you want. At the same time your post was neither interesting nor insightful. That doesn't mean you don't possess the knowledge or talent to divulge the secrets of the trick, but it means your post was kind of pointless.

Dude...
Steve has posted several threads doing card tricks.

Also who dies and made you a post critic.

You've done nothing to demonstrate whether you have more knowledge than me or not.

It's rather amusing, actually, as you can find numerous examples of that right here on this forum, as has already been pointed out.

But there's also saying absolutely nothing informative at all. You chose the latter.

This becomes even more amusing when you consider that even a basic understanding of magic would reveal a significant clue (not a complete revelation) regarding how some of the tricks are performed.

And when you say "informative," what you're really advocating for is outright exposure of the tricks, so let's not pretend otherwise.

That doesn't mean you don't possess the knowledge or talent to divulge the secrets of the trick, but it means your post was kind of pointless.

I will forget more about sleight-of-hand than you could possibly learn in your lifetime. I've dedicated over 25 years to practicing and performing magic.

The purpose of my response was to respect the boundaries of magician ethics while still engaging in conversation.

If my response wasn't satisfactory for you and you didn't find it informative, then that's unfortunate.

However, my point remains unchanged. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is neither my concern nor my responsibility.

The burden of demonstration or proof lies not with me, but with you.

I eagerly await your videos showcasing your impressive knowledge and masterful skill of magic with bated breath.

If you're unable to provide such videos, please avoid making any more foolish remarks.

Edit: Actually, I've decided to put you on ignore. I have no interest in reading the nonsensical ramblings of someone who knows less than me on this specific subject but lacks the intelligence to see beyond their own limited perspective.

So go ahead and ramble all you want, I won't see it.

Last edited:
While what you say may be true, then there is no reason for you to even write what you did in the first place other than to signal to other people that you know how the trick is done and you contributed to this thread exactly the same amount as if you never posted.

I'm just going to copy and paste my response from a previous comment:

This is amusing when you consider that even a basic understanding of magic would reveal a significant clue (not a complete revelation) regarding how some of the tricks are performed.

The purpose of my response was to respect the boundaries of magician ethics while still engaging in conversation.

It's such a tragedy that you didn't find my commentary enlightening, as you just want outright exposure, and unfortunately, I won't compromise my ethics on the matter for you or anybody.

You must have "forgot" this part:

Being a magician myself, I won't outright reveal the techniques of another performer.

Selectively quoting only the last part of my post in an attempt to manipulate the context to fit your narrative.

Nice try, I suppose.

Last edited:
I'm just going to copy and paste my response from a previous comment:

This is amusing when you consider that even a basic understanding of magic would reveal a significant clue (not a complete revelation) regarding how some of the tricks are performed.

It's such a tragedy that you didn't find my commentary enlightening, as you just want outright exposure, and unfortunately, I won't compromise my ethics on the matter for you or anybody.

You must have "forgot" this part:

Selectively quoting only the last part of my post in an attempt to manipulate the context to fit your narrative.

Nice try, I suppose.

*yawn

"Because I am in the trade, I will abide the rules of the trade and I won't reveal trade secret"

No one cares if you dabble in magic tricks or not or the rule for the people in the trade. You obviously have an inflated sense what people think about what you know. If you are not gonna contribute to this thread, you can just stop posting here because the thread is exactly where it is whether u posted or not.

I don't like that.

How about just say how it is done, we all know magic doesn't exist and if we cared enough about it im sure we could google the answer.....Or you just save us the trouble (if we cared enough).

No one cares if you dabble in magic tricks or not or the rule for the people in the trade. You obviously have an inflated sense what people think about what you know. If you are not gonna contribute to this thread, you can just stop posting here because the thread is exactly where it is whether u posted or not.

The sense of your feelings of inferiority are palpable, I'll do us both a favour and put you on ignore.

Bye now.

Last edited:
Reactions: lsa
How about just say how it is done, we all know magic doesn't exist and if we cared enough about it im sure we could google the answer.....Or you just save us the trouble (if we cared enough).

The intention behind my response was to uphold the ethical standards of magicians while still participating in the conversation.

If my initial reply didn't meet your expectations in terms of being informative or helpful, perhaps it's worth considering a quick Google search to uncover the methods you're curious about, especially if they're readily available online as you suggest.

However, instead of taking that route, it seems you're eager to assert your opinions on a topic you may not be well-versed in. It appears social media might have influenced you to believe that your uninformed viewpoints carry significant weight.

Let me assure you, they do not.

In the realm of sleight-of-hand, there's an evident discrepancy in expertise. I'm not suggesting that I know everything about magic, but within this discussion, my knowledge exceeds that of anyone else present.

If this triggers feelings of inferiority in you, it speaks more to your own perceptions than anything else.

I don't harbor any sense of superiority due to my knowledge of magic... that notion is projected onto me by others, not self-imposed. In a scenario where I encounter an aerospace engineer discussing aerodynamics, a subject I'm not well-versed in, and their explanation doesn't satisfy my curiosity, I wouldn't engage in a debate.

Instead, I'd take it upon myself to seek out the information I'm seeking independently.

I encourage others to adopt a similar approach.

The intention behind my response was to uphold the ethical standards of magicians while still participating in the conversation.

If my initial reply didn't meet your expectations in terms of being informative or helpful, perhaps it's worth considering a quick Google search to uncover the methods you're curious about, especially if they're readily available online as you suggest.

However, instead of taking that route, it seems you're eager to assert your opinions on a topic you may not be well-versed in. It appears social media might have influenced you to believe that your uninformed viewpoints carry significant weight.

Let me assure you, they do not.

In the realm of sleight-of-hand, there's an evident discrepancy in expertise. I'm not suggesting that I know everything about magic, but within this discussion, my knowledge exceeds that of anyone else present.

If this triggers feelings of inferiority in you, it speaks more to your own perceptions than anything else.

I don't harbor any sense of superiority due to my knowledge of magic; that notion is projected onto me by others, not self-imposed. In a scenario where I encounter an aerospace engineer discussing aerodynamics, a subject I'm not well-versed in, and their explanation doesn't satisfy my curiosity, I wouldn't engage in a debate.

Instead, I'd take it upon myself to seek out the information I'm seeking independently.

I encourage others to adopt a similar approach.
I literally didnt read your response.

so my answer is cool bro.

Back