F***in Curtis Blaydes Cerrone

Aspinall

I found Romero to be very annoying aswell. He has great takedowns and yet doesn't use when he needs to.

Romero was older so I can at least understand his need to conserve his cardio sir.

Every time Blaydes landed on Pav yesterday he should've then immediately shot for a takedown instead of only going for one once he was hurt. SMH bad gameplanning he thought he could TKO Pav on the feet just because he had the threat of a takedown.
Good points sir.
There was at least 2 times he landed clean that would've been much better times to shoot for the leg.

Stoned Lemur cruising this Thread like a hungry Shark.

How much did you lose?

I never bet on anything that doesn't have to do with my own personal skill sir.

I make threads to talk to people, not to vent about paper losses.

Last edited:
It's cliche but Blaydes fell in love with his hands. He could have used a better gameplan to increase his chance of winning but I'm not sure it would have mattered. Pavlovich was the better fighter last night.

He has all the pieces to the puzzle but hasn't started putting the borders together to figure out the bigger picture sir.

He hit Pav a few times and like @legcramp said, that's when he should shot for the TD not when he was hurt.

I feel for him though.

Fell in love with his hands, forgot his bread and butter.

he tried to shoot but it looked like shit. i think he has a lot of problems. shit timing, telegraphs his entries on takedowns and striking exchanges, and he's not particularly athletic.

If he would only shave that beard. Sherdog legend would hold true.

Every time this guy sniffs a title shot he shits the bed.
I wanted him to win, but he definitely didn't..... sonofabitch is scared to succeed smh.

View attachment 980142
he looked uncomfortable at the stare down. he looked like he was in great shape, but wasn't prepared for pavlovich to also look like that and bigger. the staredown was weak and he did a forced hands up pose, didn't even know why and acknowledged that verbally.

he looked uncomfortable at the stare down. he looked like he was in great shape, but wasn't prepared for pavlovich to also look like that and bigger. the staredown was weak and he did a forced hands up pose, didn't even know why and acknowledged that verbally.

He shrinks in the brightest of lights, it's like he doesn't realize he's a giant himself.

he tried to shoot but it looked like shit. i think he has a lot of problems. shit timing, telegraphs his entries on takedowns and striking exchanges, and he's not particularly athletic.

He shot when he was hurt though, not when he hit Pav...which is the prime time for a TD attempt.

It didn't last long but he looked much better mentally before the fight against Aspinall than he did last night.

He shot when he was hurt though, not when he hit Pav...which is the prime time for a TD attempt.

that just highlights another problem. his shitty fight IQ. he makes a lot of fights harder than they need to be. like someone else said, his double attempts look like shit and he'd benefit a lot more from clinching and doing lateral drops and such to get takedowns. i like Curtis but he's almost like Luke Rockhold. his skillset is not being used to it's potential because the way he fights doesn't match the what he has at his disposal.

like it's so weird seeing such a giant dude not bully more people. he should be doing shit like DC, where he marches forward and forces the opponents to back up. get your hands out there and hand fight to establish range and disrupt punching lanes. he's so big but he fights like he's a small fast guy.

that just highlights another problem. his shitty fight IQ. he makes a lot of fights harder than they need to be. like someone else said, his double attempts look like shit and he'd benefit a lot more from clinching and doing lateral drops and such to get takedowns. i like Curtis but he's almost like Luke Rockhold. his skillset is not being used to it's potential because the way he fights doesn't match the what he has at his disposal.

like it's so weird seeing such a giant dude not bully more people. he should be doing shit like DC, where he marches forward and forces the opponents to back up. get your hands out there and hand fight to establish range and disrupt punching lanes. he's so big but he fights like he's a small fast guy.

Yeah the fight IQ is the actual issue sir.
I think its the bright lights of every big fight he has ever had just melts him.

He really should be DCing mothafuckas but he lacks the killer instinct that is necessary to walk through the fire.

Yeah the fight IQ is the actual issue sir.
I think its the bright lights of every big fight he has ever had just melts him.

He really should be DCing mothafuckas but he lacks the killer instinct that is necessary to walk through the fire.

yeah, i think his personality is what makes him like that. like you mention he doesn't have the killer instinct and i think it's because he's too much of a nice person in real life. you kind of need a mean streak in you in order to encroach on people and force guys to back up.

yeah, i think his personality is what makes him like that. like you mention he doesn't have the killer instinct and i think it's because he's too much of a nice person in real life. you kind of need a mean streak in you in order to encroach on people and force guys to back up.

If you look at his fight with Reem, that was the guy he should be in the cage.
Just crushed Reem like he wasn't even there with GNP elbows.

Its like he can't choose whether he really wants to hurt people or not, and when that happens to him...he gets hurt instead unfortunately sir.

Back