Fallout TV Series (Premieres April 11)

Dude, I saw hateful in theaters and just didn’t know who he was. Loved his character. Predators is now on the watch list. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
yep, same here. i was like who in the fuck is this guy who is stealing every single scene he even so much as pokes his head into. it was especially impressive considering the near-impossible gymnastics the Mannix role was tasked w/ —to play an irredeemable, deplorable racist pos that still manages to endear the audience & win their hearts no matter how reluctant they may be. kudos to QT & Goggins for creating a character that challenges the intersubjectivity & moral values of the (typical) audience.

compare this to Sam Rockwell's character in Three Billboards, who wants to exist as a similar signifier, but is a complete failure at achieving its goals—not because Rockwell is giving a bad performance (it's a great performance), but because the film wants you to like, to forgive, Dixon, & wants to redeem him w/o putting in any of the effort.

QT, & by proxy, The Hateful Eight, literally does not give a flying fuck if you like Mannix or not. & we absolutely shouldn't like Mannix.
but we do anyways.

yep, same here. i was like who in the fuck is this guy who is stealing every single scene he even so much as pokes his head into. it was especially impressive considering the near-impossible gymnastics the Mannix role was tasked w/ —to play an irredeemable, deplorable racist pos that still manages to endear the audience & win their hearts no matter how reluctant they may be. kudos to QT & Goggins for creating a character that challenges the intersubjectivity & moral values of the (typical) audience.

compare this to Sam Rockwell's character in Three Billboards, who wants to exist as a similar signifier, but is a complete failure at achieving its goals—not because Rockwell is giving a bad performance (it's a great performance), but because the film wants you to like, to forgive, Dixon, & wants to redeem him w/o putting in any of the effort.

QT, & by proxy, The Hateful Eight, literally does not give a flying fuck if you like Mannix or not. & we absolutely shouldn't like Mannix.
but we do anyways.
Hell yeah. Agree with your points here. Couldn’t help but like Mannix.

Did you see it when they had special showings in 70mm? They gave you this to go with it. Cool keepsake.
IMG_2610.jpeg

None of you guys watched "The Shield"? Goggins absolutely kills it. Great series too.

Get on that shit.

Fun fact, he also had a role in "House of 1000 Corpses", in a great death montage scene.

no ;_;

i'm more of a movie guy than a show/series guy, so i'm typically either a. super selective (sometimes arbitrarily so), or b. genuinely random/impulsive, about what i do watch. there are a whoooole bunch of essentials that are blindspots for me

Hell yeah. Agree with your points here. Couldn’t help but like Mannix.

Did you see it when they had special showings in 70mm? They gave you this to go with it. Cool keepsake.

no ;_; [2]

despite being utterly won over by the Goggins performance, i was overall lukewarm on The Hateful Eight when i saw it in theatres, so i didn't bother making the (admittedly minor/easy) trip to Boston for the 70mm roadshow screenings. it wasn't until i rewatched Hateful once released on home media that it really clicked w/ me. & it clicked w/ a bang—it's QT's modern/late-career masterpiece imo & is now one of my favorite QT films

no ;_;

i'm more of a movie guy than a show/series guy, so i'm typically either a. super selective (sometimes arbitrarily so), or b. genuinely random/impulsive, about what i do watch. there are a whoooole bunch of essentials that are blindspots for me
Well, if you like his work, you'll LOVE him in "The Shield". That's basically where he got his big break, and the only reason he's in some of these bigger projects. Don't look up any spoilers and check it out. His arc is amazing. Long series, but it's worth it. And unlike a lot of other big shows, they don't shit the bed in the finale.

None of you guys watched "The Shield"? Goggins absolutely kills it. Great series too.

Get on that shit.

Fun fact, he also had a role in "House of 1000 Corpses", in a great death montage scene.
He was great in Sons of Anarchy too

93238e0aa990ae03fd5e96f884eefc1e.gif

no ;_;

no ;_; [2]

despite being utterly won over by the Goggins performance, i was overall lukewarm on The Hateful Eight when i saw it in theatres, so i didn't bother making the (admittedly minor/easy) trip to Boston for the 70mm roadshow screenings. it wasn't until i rewatched Hateful once released on home media that it really clicked w/ me. & it clicked w/ a bang—it's QT's modern/late-career masterpiece imo & is now one of my favorite QT films
Ahhh the opposite of myself.

When I watched it in theaters, I thought it was the best thing evah. Admittedly, I am no buff of either form of media, and tend to get overexcited about whatever just happened lol.
Watching it in 70mm also made a bigger difference than I imagined. Goggins all up in your grill.

So all things Goggins is getting a rewatch, or a new watch. Going to start justified tonight or tomorrow. Then the shield. Though I love Russell from VP the best. That effeminate role he does is actually brilliant to me.

Ahhh the opposite of myself.

When I watched it in theaters, I thought it was the best thing evah. Admittedly, I am no buff of either form of media, and tend to get overexcited about whatever just happened lol.
Watching it in 70mm also made a bigger difference than I imagined. Goggins all up in your grill.

So all things Goggins is getting a rewatch, or a new watch. Going to start justified tonight or tomorrow. Then the shield. Though I love Russell from VP the best. That effeminate role he does is actually brilliant to me.
i assume you've watched The Righteous Gemstones? Baby Billy will go down as an all-time great of TV comedy characters

he also has a great lil role in the fantastic Boots Riley miniseries, I'm a Virgo.

Well, if you like his work, you'll LOVE him in "The Shield". That's basically where he got his big break, and the only reason he's in some of these bigger projects. Don't look up any spoilers and check it out. His arc is amazing. Long series, but it's worth it. And unlike a lot of other big shows, they don't shit the bed in the finale.
word. i'll def keep it in mind when i'm back on the hunt for knocking out something that is considered essential to a lot of people, once i finish plugging through Better Call Saul (which has been pretty dang great. Odenkirk is a treasure)

i assume you've watched The Righteous Gemstones? Baby Billy will go down as an all-time great of TV comedy characters

he also has a great lil role in the fantastic Boots Riley miniseries, I'm a Virgo.

word. i'll def keep it in mind when i'm back on the hunt for knocking out something that is considered essential to a lot of people, once i finish plugging through Better Call Saul (which has been pretty dang great. Odenkirk is a treasure)
Yep. Righteous was what I jumped to after fallout. Another gold star charactrr

“Now who wants to suck an old man’s dick?”

Fantastic show. I love Adam too though, so that helps.

Last edited:

All time great final season and final episode

One of the few series that I have every rewatched from start to finish

I'm 2 episodes in and like it so far. When Lucy goes to that 1st town in the wasteland, it made me think this show is just an allegory for someone from the 1950's who just got out of a time machine and had to interact with the present-day world. lol

I finished the series. I am not familiar with the game.

The series is a lot of fun.

Great production values (I love retro futuristic style).

Lots of twists and turns in the plot.

The fact that they made this show true to the later games but also managed to make it appealing to people who've never played them makes me even angrier about all of the other adaptations that have been botched recently.

I third the notion that if you haven't watched the Shield in its entirety, please do so. Goggins is good in Justified as well.

I watched more of it. It's a fun watch for me but I can understand if you think it's stupid if you don't play the game. There are these perks or traits in the game that generate quirky scenarios in the game. The characters on the show have some of these perks.

I watched more of it. It's a fun watch for me but I can understand if you think it's stupid if you don't play the game. There are these perks or traits in the game that generate quirky scenarios in the game. The characters on the show have some of these perks.
Do you have any examples?

Back