Fallout TV Series (Premieres April 11)

I was disappointed when Kevin Hart never showed up, then I realized that this was not Borderlands, but an entirely different atomicpunk western video-game based property focused on Vaults..

Kind of comes with the territory online.

For me, it’s a fucking show based on a game based on whacky shit happening… If you want more realism in your shows, I don’t know how you got here.

Also, we got random fingers being attached to stumps and working like a normal finger in seconds. Not to mention nukes dropped and buildings shells still standing within a couple miles of the blast sites. But the fucking action sequences are bunk in a couple early episides??!?! GTFOH! lmao!!!

Also, we got random fingers being attached to stumps and working like a normal finger in seconds. Not to mention nukes dropped and buildings shells still standing within a couple miles of the blast sites. But the fucking action sequences are bunk in a couple early episides??!?! GTFOH! lmao!!!

I had to suspend disbelief for a lot of things.

1950s style art stayed popular for another 120 years.

Stimpack cures gunshot wounds in canines.

Maximus survives nuke blast in a refrigerator, lead lined or not he'd be cooked.

Dead rotten finger works like new without causing gangrene.

Magic inhaler cures broken foot in 30 seconds.

Magic inhaler keeps ghoul alive for 200 years.

Adept girl in the barracks with buzzcut and a penciled in mustache is actually a boy.

Maximus refusing Lucy's casual sex offer.

Well, I understand a bit of his point, as the first few fights do look janky. Talking more about just realism in general. It is an absolutely insane world that does not play by our rules. That is ok. I can suspend disbelief in any book, show, or movie where it is NOT our world. It doesn't have to play by our rules. Let's have fun with it all!

Bethesda Fallout always took liberties with reality and any Fallout timeline seems to differ from our own - a mishmash of 1940s and 50s style with futuristic tech. It isn't supposed to fit perfectly. Action is wonky. Injuries heal in unrealistic ways. Things are ridiculous. They did that right, while also putting in plenty of easter eggs that didn't seem unnatural, and gave us plenty of drama and back story that made sense. I couldn't have asked for more. It rode the line between the two better than I could have hoped for. As someone who has enjoyed Fallout from Interplay to Bethesda, it's a 9/10 for me.

The show is canon so everything that happened in the games happened years earlier in the show.

Exactly. If you've played the games, the focus on Shady Sands and the NCR was a dead giveaway. Everyone involved stated this was basically Fallout 5. They even give you the timeline on a chalkboard in Vault 4.

The show is canon so everything that happened in the games happened years earlier in the show.

But they show the Prydwyn (not sure how to spell that) - the huge brotherhood blimp they built after Fallout 3 that later storms into New England for Fallout 4. So wouldn’t the show take place between game 3 and 4 - sort of thing? I guess they are presuming you choose not to destroy the blimp in Fallout 4? That’s a bit of a hint at a cannon ending. The institute I guess was destroyed

I wonder if Bethesda will ever get around to making Fallout 5

But they show the Prydwyn (not sure how to spell that) - the huge brotherhood blimp they built after Fallout 3 that later storms into New England for Fallout 4. So wouldn’t the show take place between game 3 and 4 - sort of thing? I guess they are presuming you choose not to destroy the blimp in Fallout 4? That’s a bit of a hint at a cannon ending. The institute I guess was destroyed

Just a heads up, this has heavy spoilers for every game and the show.

The show Takes place years after F4 and supposedly they ran everything past the gam,e devs so it wouldn't mess with anything planned ofr Fallout 5,

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/fallout-renewed-season-2-amazon-1235975879/

‘Fallout’ Officially Renewed for Season 2 at Amazon​

Fallout” has been renewed for Season 2 at Amazon Prime Video.

The announcement comes after Variety reported that a second season was set to receive $25 million in tax credits by relocating shooting to the state of California.

Based on the video game franchise of the same name, the series is set two hundred years after the apocalypse. The official description states it follows “the gentle denizens of luxury fallout shelters that are forced to return to the irradiated hellscape their ancestors left behind—and are shocked to discover an incredibly complex, gleefully weird, and highly violent universe waiting for them.”

Geneva Robertson-Dworet and Graham Wagner are the creators, executive producers, and showrunners. Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy executive produce via Kilter Films, which is under an overall deal at Amazon. Athena Wickham of Kilter Films also executive produces along with Todd Howard for Bethesda Game Studios and James Altman for Bethesda Softworks. Amazon MGM Studios and Kilter Films produce in association with Bethesda Game Studios and Bethesda Softworks.

“Praise be to our insanely brilliant showrunners, Geneva and Graham, to our kick-ass cast, to Todd and James and all the legends at Bethesda, and to Jen, Vernon and the amazing team at Amazon for their incredible support of this show. We can’t wait to blow up the world all over again,” said Nolan and Joy.

Ella Purnell stars in the series along with Aaron Moten, Kyle MacLachlan, Walton Goggins, Moisés Arias, Sarita Choudhury, Michael Emerson, Leslie Uggams, Frances Turner, Dave Register, Zach Cherry, Johnny Pemberton, Rodrigo Luzzi, Annabel O’Hagan, and Xelia Mendes-Jones.

“Jonah, Lisa, Geneva, and Graham have captivated the world with this ground-breaking, wild ride of a show,” said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon MGM Studios. “The bar was high for lovers of this iconic video game and so far we seem to have exceeded their expectations, while bringing in millions of new fans to the franchise. The cast led by Ella Purnell, Aaron Moten, Walton Goggins, and Kyle MacLachlan have knocked it out of the park! We’d like to thank Jonah and Lisa and our friends at Bethesda for bringing the show to us as well as Geneva and Graham for coming aboard as showrunners. We are thrilled to announce season two after only one week out and take viewers even farther into the surreal world of ‘Fallout.’”

Per Amazon, the show ranks as one of the top three most-watched titles ever on Prime Video and the most-watched season of TV on the platform since “The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power.”

“Holy shit. Thank you to Jonah, Kilter, Bethesda and Amazon for having the courage to make a show that gravely tackles all of society’s most serious problems these days — cannibalism, incest, jello cake. More to come!,” said Robertson-Dworet and Wagner.

The show has also proven to be popular with critics, holding a 94% critical approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. In her review for Variety, Aramide Tinubu wrote, “Bizarre but intensely fun, ‘Fallout’ is like nothing you’ve ever seen; for that reason alone, you won’t be able to turn away.”

“It’s been one of the most spectacular projects we’ve ever been a part of. Jonah and team did such an incredible job, and we’re overjoyed not just by the reaction to the show, but that we get to work with these amazing people even more,” said Howard.

The announcement comes after Variety reported that a second season was set to receive $25 million in tax credits by relocating shooting to the state of California.

Based on the video game franchise of the same name, the series is set two hundred years after the apocalypse. The official description states it follows “the gentle denizens of luxury fallout shelters that are forced to return to the irradiated hellscape their ancestors left behind—and are shocked to discover an incredibly complex, gleefully weird, and highly violent universe waiting for them.”

Geneva Robertson-Dworet and Graham Wagner are the creators, executive producers, and showrunners. Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy executive produce via Kilter Films, which is under an overall deal at Amazon. Athena Wickham of Kilter Films also executive produces along with Todd Howard for Bethesda Game Studios and James Altman for Bethesda Softworks. Amazon MGM Studios and Kilter Films produce in association with Bethesda Game Studios and Bethesda Softworks.

“Praise be to our insanely brilliant showrunners, Geneva and Graham, to our kick-ass cast, to Todd and James and all the legends at Bethesda, and to Jen, Vernon and the amazing team at Amazon for their incredible support of this show. We can’t wait to blow up the world all over again,” said Nolan and Joy.

Ella Purnell stars in the series along with Aaron Moten, Kyle MacLachlan, Walton Goggins, Moisés Arias, Sarita Choudhury, Michael Emerson, Leslie Uggams, Frances Turner, Dave Register, Zach Cherry, Johnny Pemberton, Rodrigo Luzzi, Annabel O’Hagan, and Xelia Mendes-Jones.

“Jonah, Lisa, Geneva, and Graham have captivated the world with this ground-breaking, wild ride of a show,” said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon MGM Studios. “The bar was high for lovers of this iconic video game and so far we seem to have exceeded their expectations, while bringing in millions of new fans to the franchise. The cast led by Ella Purnell, Aaron Moten, Walton Goggins, and Kyle MacLachlan have knocked it out of the park! We’d like to thank Jonah and Lisa and our friends at Bethesda for bringing the show to us as well as Geneva and Graham for coming aboard as showrunners. We are thrilled to announce season two after only one week out and take viewers even farther into the surreal world of ‘Fallout.’”

Per Amazon, the show ranks as one of the top three most-watched titles ever on Prime Video and the most-watched season of TV on the platform since “The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power.”

“Holy shit. Thank you to Jonah, Kilter, Bethesda and Amazon for having the courage to make a show that gravely tackles all of society’s most serious problems these days — cannibalism, incest, jello cake. More to come!,” said Robertson-Dworet and Wagner.

The show has also proven to be popular with critics, holding a 94% critical approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. In her review for Variety, Aramide Tinubu wrote, “Bizarre but intensely fun, ‘Fallout’ is like nothing you’ve ever seen; for that reason alone, you won’t be able to turn away.”

“It’s been one of the most spectacular projects we’ve ever been a part of. Jonah and team did such an incredible job, and we’re overjoyed not just by the reaction to the show, but that we get to work with these amazing people even more,” said Howard.

Todd Howard is a lying has-been who has made three huge disappointments in a row, fallout 76, elder scrolls online and starfield.

I guess I feel good he has a bit of a win with this. But I still hope he turns over development of any future games to someone else.

Todd Howard is a lying has-been who has made three huge disappointments in a row, fallout 76, elder scrolls online and starfield.

I guess I feel good he has a bit of a win with this. But I still hope he turns over development of any future games to someone else.

Bethesda needs to use Unreal Engine at this point. I know what I'm getting when I buy a Bethesda title, but I need a little bit more nowadays.

Such a stupid fucking take lmaoo.

If you're an easily entertained clapping monkey then it's fine. All you need is loud noises and flashing images to keep you happy, cool.

But it's not some hyper specific niche criticism to simply ask that the things happening on screen make sense within the internal logic of the world.

Do a quick Google and you can find plenty of people bitching about how atrocious those scenes were. They were awful.

"I'm wearing 2 tons of metal plate but I'm going to fucking box instead of easily crushing this guy in a half second" yeah totally man!! "OH and just to show you how stupid that scene was I'm going to easily crush this other guys head in the very next episode!"

"This dog was just mauling me and I put a knife in it's neck but we're best friends now the instant I stim pack him!"

I loved the show, as I said. But what a fuckin weirdo you must be to get upset at anything less than frothing uncritical praise. Those scenes were dogshit, objectively.

"behold, the mighty t 60 power armor. It will transform you into a demi god!!"
"Don't bonk your wittle head tho or it's game over!"

When the internal logic of the show isn't consistent, it breaks your immersion. The whole point of a show like this is to be immersed in the world.

You should be able to critique things that you enjoy. But I'm guessing you lack the cognitive horsepower for that.

GD with the fucking neckbeards critics.

<Neil01>
Me when I don't have an argument and can't engage in constructive art critique so I just result to moving pictures and insults.

You can criticize things that you enjoy. You don't have to be a raving uncritical fanatic for everything you like. Try it sometime.

Damn. It's crazy how much text you're able to post when copying and pasting articles, but not so much when trying to get out your own original thoughts eh???

Back