Television Fallout vs. The Last of Us: Which video game to TV series adaptation was the best?

Which video game to TV series adaptation was the best?

• Total voters

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
@Jackonfire @helax @PurpleStorm could I get a poll please? :)

Both of these are excellent TV series and games. Both have just aired their first season. Both are set in a post-apocalyptic world.

I preferred Fallout personally, although I thought the ending was a little meh. I definitely thought the ending to TLOU was better.

MV5BZjQ0YjAyNWQtMjRjMC00NzMxLTlkNjEtYWQzNmQwNGRlMGJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BZGUzYTI3M2EtZmM0Yy00NGUyLWI4ODEtN2Q3ZGJlYzhhZjU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM0OTY1OQ@@._V1_.jpg

It was a tough one for me though. Oh, and Ella Purnell in Fallout {<tongue}

33rd-ANNUAL-GLAAD-MEDIA-AWARDS.jpg

What say Sherdog?

Last edited:
Arcane is best video game adaptation (silco was probably best written "villain" in recent years)

But fallout of those 2 for me

Last edited:
By the way, its not accurate to call both shows 'adaptations.'

The Fallout series isn't based on a specific game to adapt, but takes place in the Fallout universe and follows many of the same tropes & themes of the game series.

TLoU is a direct adaptation of the game, but its a really shitty adaptation. Its an example how an adaptation could have alot going for it... like a huge budget, a reliable showrunner, and even the writer/director of the game is directly involved as an executive producer.... and it fails as an adaptation due to piss-poor casting decisions & social agendas being injected into the narrative in not-at-all subtle ways. Oh, and it completely botched the absolute best moments from the game.

I didn't like really like either of them, didn't even finish watching them. I would probably go with The Last of Us as being "better" because it feels more realistic, like it could actually happen.

the last of us series just felt like an adaptation of the game to big screen. The Fallout series has a lot of its own stuff going on for it.

Fallout for me.

I will take a game world adaptation over a direct game adaptation any day. They NEVER get direct adaptations correct. At least if you give them a little freedom, they can actually make better choices, and not be pigeonholed into doing something that really isn't the best route to take for a show or movie.

Fallout for me. I loved both series, but Fallout has more of an upbeat vibe with the action and comedy. The Last of Us is depressing and bleak, but still enjoyable.

Can't sleep on Twisted Metal on Peacock for TV series game adaptions. That was great too and had the same vibe as Fallout, maybe even more over the top. lol!

Last of us was actually a good show

Fallout was just kinda fun, and the lead actress looks like a flat alien bug with sandbag zoingers

Not close

Back